Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 6th, 2023, 11:03 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: MARS D.C. Winter Classic 2023

I'm not able to make it this time, but I definitely plan on getting active at future events again!
Old January 7th, 2023, 12:42 AM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverEngineered View Post
Regretfully, my son and I have to back out. Something unforeseen came up. Sorry for the last minute cancellation

We’re both looking forward to hopefully joining you all next time.
Ah sorry to hear. No problem though, hope to see you at the next one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
I'm not able to make it this time, but I definitely plan on getting active at future events again!
For sure! Next event will be sometime in the spring.
Old January 7th, 2023, 01:18 PM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker

Showed up a little after 10. Probably won’t make it back at 1. If anyone wants a game before the next tourney, let me know.

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog
Old January 8th, 2023, 10:59 AM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!

The Salisbury crew had a blast yesterday, thanks for putting this on @Earl_of_Sandwich and creating a format I really hope to see more of in the future. We're looking forward to the next one!
Old January 8th, 2023, 11:07 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I’m sorry I couldn’t make it. I am very curious to know what people brought; I know I had my own ideas.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 8th, 2023, 11:30 AM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I’m sorry I couldn’t make it. I am very curious to know what people brought; I know I had my own ideas.
Hope to see you next time @Dad_Scaper !

After staying up until 2am the night before I landed on a Blades and Heavies build only to wake up the next morning to completely change it to something I had never tried before but absolutely had a blast playing: Hydra x2, Ornak, Brunak, and Raelin. Interestingly enough none of the armies were even remotely the same which made this format one of the most fun I've ever played, Earl did a great job.
Old January 8th, 2023, 02:03 PM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!

Thank you to everyone who came out to the tournament yesterday, it was great seeing everyone!

Congrats @nicktheant on taking home the trophy with a strong build backed by good play, (Major Q10, Hydra x1, PKs x2, Stingers x2) besting @GucciiBoost (Brunak, Heirloom, Kaemon, Rats x2, Cutters x2, Guilty) in the finals on Shattered.

@Dad_Scaper I'm curious what you would've brought? I had Skahen, Rats x2, Asterios, Havech x1 and Red Wyrm x4, but actually liked a lot of other people's builds more than mine! Lots of cool builds at this one. I can post or send the list of armies at some point.

@Vydar_XLIII will be hosting the next MARS gathering up near Philly, keep an eye out for an announcement!
Old January 9th, 2023, 01:13 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You’d need to price out a Varkaanan build. I did not. But that could be very effective.

EZ mode build was Hydra x4 and Marro Warriors. I don’t know what I would have ended up with.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 9th, 2023, 12:00 PM

Skizzix is surprisingly tart

Thanks all for the fun time. It was my first time playing outside of my own group and I had a blast.

As for my list
Grimnak
Nerak
Ornak
2x Heavy Gruts
2x Blade Gruts
Isamu
Drow Chainfighter

I would 100% replace chainfighter with Marcu on second though. As some wannok soak and being good with Ornak. Also I just realized in looking over the list I slightly cheated. Apperently Chainfighter is a common hero and Ornak can only move uniques. I think I only ever moved it with Ornak against MrWookie and lost that game anyways, so not a huge deal but figured I'd own up to the mistake now that I noticed.
Old January 9th, 2023, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You’d need to price out a Varkaanan build. I did not. But that could be very effective.

EZ mode build was Hydra x4 and Marro Warriors. I don’t know what I would have ended up with.
Varks were the first army I considered but I don't have them rebased yet (also haven't played with or against them yet) so I decided against doing that but I really like that army.

I only have 2 Hydras but wow yeah maybe I need 2 more lol I really like that build
Old January 9th, 2023, 02:33 PM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker

I was rushing to get there at 10, making my army at 9:30 (so it probably issn't a great army). But I would have played: Q9, Stingers x3, Q10, Marcu. I think cutting down to stingers x2 and cutting Q9 in favor of Airborne and 2 red and 2 black wyrmlings is probably better.

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog
Old January 9th, 2023, 05:02 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbizzy View Post
Varks were the first army I considered but I don't have them rebased yet (also haven't played with or against them yet) so I decided against doing that but I really like that army.

I only have 2 Hydras but wow yeah maybe I need 2 more lol I really like that build
Pardon me butting in, but I wouldn't bother rebasing them. They work great as-is IMO.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events