Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 30th, 2023, 09:38 AM

nerdcorerocks has disabled reputation
Card Organization By Synergy

Hello. Forgive me if this exists somewhere but I searched for it and couldn't find it. Has anyone tried organizing their cards by some sort of synergy groupings rather than point value, general, etc. I ask because for new players, going through an entire binder to try and find good combos is pretty overwhelming. It would be nice if it was organized in a way where you could quickly see some natural groupings of figures.

So if anyone has tried anything like this, let me know cause I'd like to copy your system! Thanks!
Old January 30th, 2023, 02:44 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Card Organization By Synergy

I do this occasionally, but I don't have my cards with me so I can't give you the full rundown. Basically if I do this I will try to maintain separation by general, and just group the synergistic units together (and maybe some other "factions" regardless of true synergy, like Utgar soulborgs).

For examply, the Jandar deck will be have the Knights of Weston and MacDirk Warriors with all the human champions, followed by the kyrie (and probably Sir Dupuis between those). Then would be the Jandar soulborgs, soldiers, and finally the rest of the Jandar units sorted by point cost (unless I'm forgetting some other Jandar factions/synergies which I probably am).

Then pretty much the same general idea for other generals. Sort Einar between warlords and bonders, gladiators, samurai, and the rest of them (I might even slip the Tarn Viking Warriors in with Valguard, over putting him with Jandar... That's where things get sticky). The 10th Regiment of Foot probably get slotted around the Warlords, too, so they could be next to Marcus.

That's the general philosophy, and I'm sure it's very dependent on your collection. Sorting HeroScape is ridiculously satisfying, too... I'm sure it's not just me.

(Also an edit to add that I tend not to sort the Dragons together with the Greenscales, since that would take them out of their proper generals and maybe away from their more specific bonding options, like Mimring and Arrow Gruts. It seems obvious enough even for a new player to be able to pick between what dragon they really want to go with them, and 9/10 times it's gonna be Charos anyway, right?)

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old January 30th, 2023, 04:19 PM

nerdcorerocks has disabled reputation

I have basically 3 of everything official (other than exclusives or unique heroes). So my collection is pretty complete. I haven't played in a long time, but just starting to get back into it now that my kids are older.

So I'm looking for a complete card organization overhaul haha.
Old January 30th, 2023, 07:07 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

HEROSCAPE Card List-DEC25 2010 by @Deadmaxx
Old January 30th, 2023, 08:10 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You could always try imitating the diagrams in @Ryougabot 's synergy charts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion