Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old September 9th, 2011, 11:13 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Hextreme Heroscape Spreadsheet With Collection Calculator!

Outdated
Please see Hextreme Heroscape Spreadsheet v 13

Hextreme Heroscape Spreadsheet - Now with Collection Calculator!

Introduction:
This is build upon Bixby's Hextreme HeroScape Spreadsheet but it has been almost completely revamped and Bixby has given me the OK to pick up the torch and I plan on keeping it updated. This spreadsheet has been created as a tool for the board game HeroScape. The spreadsheet has a number of tabs and features that any HeroScape player will find useful. The ideas and content on this sheet come from a variety of sources and much credit goes to the members of the fan site www.heroscapers.com Their creativity and constant exploration of the game system has been the inspiration for this spreadsheet.

Start by filling in "Collection"variables, and if you bought/sold individual figures or terrain, modify variables in "Collection(2)" by overwriting equations with your numbers. The bottom of "Collection" has a summary of your collection in size & price based off these variables. You do not need to fill in collection to use tools of unit details, army creator & list builder.

It should be noted that the only cells you can enter values in are all shaded yellow and have a cell border highlighting them. The spreadsheet is "Protected" which means you cannot accidentally change anything unless you unprotect the sheet (no password required). It has been tested on Excel 2003 & 2010 in windows, but let me know how it is on other platforms (Office 97/2000/XP/2007, Office 98/2001/X/2004/2008/2011 for Mac, Apple iWork Numbers, OpenOffice/LibreOffice, Corel Quattro, etc.

Current Version:
11 (1.46 MB)

Releases Download link and release date:
Products Included in the Spreadsheet:
All official HeroScape Product is included, including all master sets and large releases, Waves 1-D13, and promotional releases up to Samuel Brown.

Need Updating & Future Ideas:
  • Update: Ongoing Auggie's & eBay prices, Product Barcode # for Wave9+
  • Add: eBay prices for terrain and miscellaneous items
  • Add: Weights for sets, terrain, & figures (good for estimating shipping)
  • Add: Special Powers By Type, CUC modifications, C3V & SoV or other customs

Acknowledgements
  • Bixby for the original version up to 9.
  • Nomad for updating info on figures for wave 9-D13 and updating power rankings.
  • Auggie's Buy and Sell Site for prices*
  • eBay for rasing the prices to what the most obsessive collector will pay*

* NOTE on Prices:
Prices on Auggie's buy and sell site were manually taken from me (maybe he can give me an electronic output) so has a couple of caveats. First, he has so much of a few items (namely Marvel & fortress items and markers and dice) that he is not buying them and therefore does not list prices on his buy site. Next, he does not always have the rare items in stock, so I went online about once a week over the last month to see what I could find, but some items have missing prices because he never had them in stock when I looked. For these items, I took the buy prices and added 25%, which seems to be Auggust's goal when prices teeter out. Items I could could not find prices for are in dark red on the roster and product sheet, so if you made a purchase from him recently with items I do not have prices, let me know.

eBay prices were even trickier as there are many bulk lots as well as some auctions and some buy it now, and many items were listed very few and far between. Again, I went on about weekly for the last month and I tried to pick the MEDIAN auction price, which is usually less than BUY IT NOW, but sometimes I arbitrarily set the prices based on my feeling of the market equilibrium. You could find sometimes find deals for lot less or auctions that went more than twice the price, but using the median/equilibrium meant half the sales were more and half were less. I did not bother getting prices for terrain and miscellaneous items such as glyphs and dice, as these are usually sold in bulk on eBay and if they are sold individually are usually either overpriced or sold cheaply but with high shipping to compensate, so for nowI just averaged the Auggie's buy and sell prices; feel free to send me any prices you feel are appropriate. Items I could could not find prices for are in dark red on the roster and product sheet, so if you disagree on my arbitrary pricing, let me know and I will adjust.

Major Features...

Collection Tab: UPDATED!
In the top half, you can indicate the quantity of each set you own and wish to own in the yellow column provided. It will calculate what you need to complete your collection. In the bottom half, a collection summary analysis is provided, including how many units and hexes you have and, how much it costs to compete your collection, and how much your collection is worth, based on MSRP, Auggie's, and eBay. This can be expanded in future releases based on suggestions and feedback.

Collection (2) Tab: NEW!
In the top half, you can indicate the quantity of each unit you own and wish to own in the yellow column provided. By default, it is populated from the Collection tab set list, but you may tweak it based on individual figures purchased or sold. It will calculate what you need to complete your collection, including the price to complete or sell your collection based on MSRP, Auggie's, and eBay. The bottom half is the same for terrain and other miscellaneous items. This can be expanded in future releases based on suggestions and feedback.

Roster Tab: UPDATED!
This tab references the Collection & Collection(2) tabs to find out what you inicated you own. The roster tab contains all of the information about all of the units in the game. This includes all of the officially released information and some great add-on information from the www.heroscapers.com discussion forums, such as Links to all of the Books of HeroScape and Power Rankings. The Auggie's & eBay Figure prices are on this tab as well*. The Power rankings have been updated to correspond with what has been published on Heroscapers as of July, 2011.

Unit Details Tab:
This part of the spreadsheet is used to examine a unit in detail. All information available for each unit is presented on one screen, as an electronic "Unit Card". This includes everything on an official card, plus the Bio, official errata, and a few other odds & ends.

List Builder Tab:
This section of the spreadsheet pulls data from the roster tab and gives you the ability to look at subsets of units by a selection of filter criteria. Unlike most spreadsheets that use filters, this one only has one filter. YES – unit meets my selection criteria, or no it does not. Instructions for using the filters are located on the tab. Give it a spin.

Army Creator Tab:
This section lets you specify a draft amount and then select units for your army. The stats section at the bottom will give you an indication of your army composition as it pertains to movement, attack ratings, defense ratings, etc. The army creator will also alert you to the size of starting zone required to field your army. There are a couple of graphs that analyze your selection by faction.
This page has been formatted to print on a single 11 x 8.5 page for easy use and reference.

Stats Tab:
This part of the spreadsheet contains some very basic statistics about the composition of units released by Hasbro. You can see at a glance the distribution of units over the various factions, species, personalities, worlds, etc.

Graphs Tab:
This is a visual representation of some of the information from stats tab.

M/A/MA Rules Tab:
Bixby's gaming group has come up with these rules for epic games and large maps. These rules may not be for everyone, but they have been a staple of our games for over three years. If you like playing with larger groups on larger maps, give this a look.

Red Colored Tabs:
These sheets contain the control information for the sheet. This drives the validation lists, pull down menus, lookup tables etc.

Product Tab: UPDATED!
This tab references the Collection & Collection(2) tabs to find out what you inicated you own. The product tab contains all of the information about all of the sets released in the game. This includes release date, MSRP, barcodes, and a list off all terrain, markers and miscellaneous items in each set. The bottom rows have totals for each item type and lists Auggie's Buy and Sell and eBay prices*.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please feel free to post your comments and suggestions in this thread.
Regards,
David Lefton4ya

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 19th, 2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old September 11th, 2011, 11:18 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hextreme Heroscape Spreadsheet With Collection Calculato

This is getting better and better. Thanks, Lefton, for all your work.
Old September 11th, 2011, 07:06 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I made a small update by adding in the summary section on the bottom of the collection tab by adding "Total number of figures in your collection" and changing "Total number of hexes in your collection" to use variables on the "Collection (2)" tab by terrain type as opposed to only by set. Great for adding your count to the to Heroscape Figure Count and Heroscape Hex Count.

I was also thinking of renaming "Collection" and Collection(2)" to something more meaningful. My thought is "Sets and Summary" and "Figures, Terrain, & Misc" - any other ideas?

People have PMd me or made comments in the download that there is no place for individual figure, terrain, glyphs, or dice - but you can modify unit figures, terrain, and other miscellaneous items individually as opposed to just be set, by overwriting formulas on the "Collection(2)" tab with actual numbers that you have.

Last edited by lefton4ya; September 12th, 2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old June 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I just noticed that Einar Imperium seems to be missing.

Edit: Also, can we get this thread stickied and un-sticky the Bixby thread that is no longer being updated?
Old June 5th, 2012, 04:09 PM

I will be leaving and be "off the grid" for 7+ months, so I will not be able to keep this updated. IshMEL and others have offered to do so, so I give permission for anyone to take up the torch and keep it updated, either in this or a new thread, and then that thread can be stickied.

I think the Index of Heroscape Software should be about the only thread stickied in the software forum, as most of the other software is no longer updated, with the exception of battleplan and heroskype. Someone can PM an admin or moderator to get the stickies changed.
Old June 6th, 2012, 11:40 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm happy to take this on. I'm working on a new version and will post it soon. Please post any desiderata here. Thanks!
Old June 6th, 2012, 12:40 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Great. I'll take another look through to see if I notice anything else missing.
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:11 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Porkins, you might find the Einar Imperium under "The Einar Imperium". Axegrinders are probably also under "The", alphabeticallywise.
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM

MegaBunnySuicide Woo who?

I've noticed two small errors. First that Fen Hydra is spelled as "Fenn Hydra" in the document, and second that Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan is counted as 4 figures instead of 1.
Old June 7th, 2012, 03:34 PM

Ah, I didn't think to look under 'The'. How about either removing the word 'the' since just about any squad could be called 'the whatever they are.' Or, put two entries in for each of those units, with and without 'the.'

I also found an error on the 'Unit Details' tab. The VLOOKUP for the Life number is pointing at the wrong place. For example, instead of Life looking up as '1' for 4th Mass Line, it says:

Life: Soldier
Old June 7th, 2012, 03:59 PM

OK, I can fix those errors, thanks for spotting them!

The "The" issue is, I believe, that the official name for units is what's on the card, and those are the only ones with "The". It won't really work to have two entries, and I think it's better to stick with the official name. However I'll make a note on the instructions tab to watch out for that.

Question for you all, would it be useful to use this to track customs? It would certainly be possible, but it would be a fair bit of work to integrate them. I'm thinking a separate roster sheet for customs, and then a combined customs+official roster that would drive the Army Creator, Unit Details, etc. Would this be worth doing?
Old June 7th, 2012, 06:10 PM

Thanks IshMEL for picking this up. You can use this thread and I will just modify the opening post to say see latest post for updates, or you can create your own thread. The same goes for the download, which I just made you the uploader of. Someone does need to get both this or that thread and the latest file download stickied in the Forums/Software and Downloads/The Bin sections.

I thought about customs and the issue is that they use so many different minis that it is hard to keep track of. However, someone should make a separate spreadsheet of C3V/SoV customs like the C3G guys do. The only thing you could add to the Hextreme spreadsheet is a CUC changes column.

I highly recommend you go update prices by going through eBay and auggie's buy and sell sites, as prices have changed a lot, and auggie now lists all the prices of everything he sells, even if he does not have it in stock.

Have fun with this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software