Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 17th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: SCAPE-A-PALOOZA II-NHSD in the Northeast 2009

I announced this in class today (there are perqs to being a teacher) and there was some interest. I've sent an email round to the usual suspects around my way as well. We're getting together for some 'scape on Saturday and I'll persuade some to come along to this with me, I hope. Expect to add Ollie +10 (or Ollie +2 more likely) to the first post soon.

EDIT. Ollie +1 already.

Last edited by ollie; September 17th, 2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old September 17th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I announced this in class today (there are perqs to being a teacher) and there was some interest. I've sent an email round to the usual suspects around my way as well. We're getting together for some 'scape on Saturday and I'll persuade some to come along to this with me, I hope. Expect to add Ollie +10 (or Ollie +2 more likely) to the first post soon.

EDIT. Ollie +1 already.
By the way Ollie, you're the only NESA member who's 2-0 against me, and both of those wins were last NHSD Scape-A-Palooza - my first tournament with NESA and aside from GC. I won't say I'm a ton better now than then (okay, yeah it's true ) but we're playing at least once when the 17th comes 'round.
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:28 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Since the rounds start as soon as two people sit down at a map the die rolling will happen then. Depending on the roll of the dice you may not play the army you brought with you all day

Glyph pool will be announced soon and yes we will be revealing the glyph when its landed on. What we will probably end up doing is using a marker for the glyph spot and then rolling a die to determine which glyph it is when it is landed on.
Old September 18th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is the only Volcaren Fountain II that I was able to find and it wasn't posted by Retlaw but by 1Mmirg. Is this the map we are going to use?
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
By the way Ollie, you're the only NESA member who's 2-0 against me, and both of those wins were last NHSD Scape-A-Palooza - my first tournament with NESA and aside from GC. I won't say I'm a ton better now than then (okay, yeah it's true ) but we're playing at least once when the 17th comes 'round.
Bring it! Denrick will crush you. Or perhaps I better hope for a symbol. Or maybe change my mind about my armies several hundred times between now and NHSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Glyph pool will be announced soon and yes we will be revealing the glyph when its landed on. What we will probably end up doing is using a marker for the glyph spot and then rolling a die to determine which glyph it is when it is landed on.
An alternative that worked well at BatB2 was to have a limited pool (four or five glyphs, say) associated with each map. That avoids the need to find a dozen Lucky 20s.
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
This is the only Volcaren Fountain II that I was able to find and it wasn't posted by Retlaw but by 1Mmirg. Is this the map we are going to use?
That map is by 1Mmirg. So yes.
Old September 18th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the help but I think you misunderstand Arp12. In the first post of this thread the map creator is listed as Retlaw. And the map name is slightly misspelled. So one of the two is likely incorrect. I'd just like to make we are all looking at the same build.
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the help but I think you misunderstand Arp12. In the first post of this thread the map creator is listed as Retlaw. And the map name is slightly misspelled. So one of the two is likely incorrect. I'd just like to make we are all looking at the same build.
I'm pretty sure the map you linked to is the one that will be used. Onacara probably got the authors and spelling mixed up. Retlaw doesn't have a map with a name similar to that.
Old September 18th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great map choices Ona! Dignan's four newest ones would also be great choices!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:26 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Yes I is 1Mmirg's map...I Fixed it on page 1

As far as Ollie's glyph question...the glyph pool will be either 6 or 8...I will provide corresponsing dice for each map as well as a glyph chart for each.
Old September 19th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
As far as Ollie's glyph question...the glyph pool will be either 6 or 8...I will provide corresponsing dice for each map as well as a glyph chart for each.
Ick. Maybe it'll seem better once I've had some coffee, but I don't like this. Players will have to remember what each glyph is with this system, right? I'm hoping to bring along a few relatively new players, and this isn't going to be a trivial addition for them, I don't think---there's so much to remember already (that most of us do automatically now) when you've just started playing.

What's the motivation for this scheme? Lack of glyphs is all I can think of. Can't we make paper ones? Or use the actual ones---I'm sure we can put together enough between us.

I checked out a couple of the maps last night to use today (I'm about to set up a few boards in a classroom and see how many of the thirty people I emailed show up to play/learn). I'm using The Grotto and Radiator Springs. The Grotto is crazily small, and with road too, but with the ruins, trees and neat overhang I think it'll play nicely. I love lava and asymmetry, so Radiator Springs looks set to be a hit.

All of the current maps have terrain features. How about some vanilla ones? I like Common Ground, but it violates your split start zone preference. I'm going to use Melee Mixer by Nooblar today. Looks good, but I'll report back after a few games.

Last edited by ollie; September 19th, 2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old September 19th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Is a Quadradical

Just finished a successful 'scape session. Looks like two definites as well as me (one is Habeo_Bukkit, who some of you will know from previous tournaments) and a whole bunch of maybes. I'll keep working on them.

I played a couple of games on Melee Mixer. It's a good map---I recommend adding it to the pool. The Grotto and Radiator Springs had good reviews from those playing on them. (I should note that we weren't using glyphs.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day