Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old May 6th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 7 New Customs added (May 3)

Thor and Hercules added to page one.
Old May 16th, 2009, 03:16 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 2 New Customs added (May 6)

All of your Avengers are looking nice, badger.

I would love to see some Hitzones!
Old May 16th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Given the software that I am using, it is really more work than I want to go through. Since they are essentially created for my personal use, I just use common sense while playing. Off the top of my head, I can't think of too many exceptions to the "you can target anything you see" principle.

It is a valid criticism and maybe someday I will go back and fix it to make it more official, but ultimately, all parts of Herc, Warbird, Vision, etc. are open game so I don't know that it affects my gameplay.
Old May 16th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm really digging the comic art choice on most of these!
I think the only place where you'd probably really have issues with no Hitzone is with anyone carrying a weapon (which shouldn't be a Hitzone). The only one I can think of there who for sure has a weapon is Thor. Maybe Black Widow, if her sculpt carries a gun.
But, if you want other people to play with your cards (and thus have enough investment to critique them/tell you what needs improvement based on playtests), the more official looking you can get, the better.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 16th, 2009, 05:25 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know what you mean about just using common sense for the hitzones, and none of us are getting paid for this so I don't want to cause you extra work, but I'll be honest with you... I wouldn't print out a card without one for my group's use. Don't be afraid to just copy and paste a hitzone from a different creator's custom for that character.

Also, based on all of the debates we've been having on Giant Man and the Wasp over in Matt Helm's thread, I'd love to see your own take on the characters.

Keep the cool Avengers [and Invaders!] coming.
Old May 16th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Theme Nerd

Not a problem. Kind of like I wouldn't use a card that isn't thematically accurate.

Old May 16th, 2009, 05:49 PM
C3G Hero

Touche, but I'm sure you realize the value of having a number of alternate Giant Man and Wasp cards to the ones that you will undoubtedly eventually create. Especially if you have invested in the mini already, alternate cards are only a benefit as far as I'm concerned.
Old May 16th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Theme Nerd

FWIW, here is the Pym versions that I typically use most of the time (done by Grey Owl and Hihi):

The YJ version gets a bit more play, jsut because I like the YJ personna the best, but part of it is that I don't feel he is overpowered. Despite being really big at times, he typically hasn't been considered one of the heavy hitters on the team.

In my rescaling of some of the customs, I have the Hulk and Thor at the top with their 370 or so points.

In Iron Man's range (240), we have characters like Wonder Man, She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel.

Down by Spidey (160), I have characters like Hawkeye and Black Knight. I think this is where Pym belongs.

I just have a natural hesitancy to see him over 200 points.
Old May 16th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Theme Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Touche, but I'm sure you realize the value of having a number of alternate Giant Man and Wasp cards to the ones that you will undoubtedly eventually create. Especially if you have invested in the mini already, alternate cards are only a benefit as far as I'm concerned.
Absolutely, the more the merrier. I think a case can be made for using different cards in different scenarios.

I occasionally use an Ant-Man version of Pym as well.

If I am playing a scenario set around Avengers 60 or so, I use a Giant Man version.

If I am running a scenario around Avengers 160 or so (my favorite era), the YJ cards sees the table.
Old May 16th, 2009, 05:56 PM
C3G Hero

Those are both great Pyms. What is your favorite Wasp?

EDIT: And show us which Ant Man you use, please.
Old May 16th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Theme Nerd

The Wasp I use is this one by Whitestuff, though I am not a huge fan of it.

The problem is that while she is very hard to hit, she has virtually no real positive value. It is only a matter of time before she is hit. That means, I am not all that thrilled with her. You can move her all over the place, but for what reason?

I think she really needs to have some combination of leadership skills, some distractive/pest ability, and/or some syngery with other characters to make her a worth-while play since if you are going to stay thematic, it is hard to give her much punch.

I see that GreyOwl has one that is a little better that I probably should use, but I thought his attack was a bit too high and a defense a bit too low (which is why I think I passed that one over).

Ideally, I think she should be someone that is a real nuisance to the opposition...preventing you from making the moves you want to make, while not doing much real damage and yet hard to get rid of.

I think I will try to put my ideal Wasp together tonight.
Old May 16th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It seems like that Wasp would be really useful against someone like the Sentinels of Jandar or other high defense squads.

Edit: Or the C3G Superman, for that matter ... she should stay alive long enough to sting him for two or three wounds - more if you put a defensive aura around her - which could be key when you have another 290 points to go against Superman with.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations