Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 18th, 2017, 12:21 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Book of Mechanical Constructs (Vote for Public Play Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I think we've used Mindless before... just can't remember on what.

EDIT: We used Mindless on the Lurker. Another option is Subservient, which we've used a few times (Awesome Andy, Killer Bee, Toad, Vampire Minions).
Moloids are Subservient as well. I kind of like that more than mindless I think but I can be convinced either way if someone wants to have an issue with either.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 18th, 2017, 12:24 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

almost forgot...

@dok @Dysole @weebaer @Soundwarp SG-1

Hopefully this version eases all the concerns that were brought up in the other thread.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 18th, 2017, 12:25 AM
A Man of Taste

almost forgot...

@dok @Dysole @weebaer @Soundwarp SG-1

Hopefully this version eases all the concerns that were brought up in the other thread.

Old May 18th, 2017, 01:06 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Nothing inherently worrying here.
Old May 18th, 2017, 10:37 AM
A Man of Taste

didn't think so but never hurts to ask.

Old May 18th, 2017, 12:40 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Yea

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 18th, 2017, 12:48 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Certainly not. I should note, though, that I chose my words carefully and I'm judging this card for itself, not its interactions with Gizmo. Honestly, I don't think Gizmo is too strong either, but his potential to use the constructs for screening/autowounding as part of a larger bonding build that could have some big hitter attacks thrown in is more worrying. Either way, though, this card seems fine.
Old May 18th, 2017, 02:49 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Certainly not. I should note, though, that I chose my words carefully and I'm judging this card for itself, not its interactions with Gizmo. Honestly, I don't think Gizmo is too strong either, but his potential to use the constructs for screening/autowounding as part of a larger bonding build that could have some big hitter attacks thrown in is more worrying. Either way, though, this card seems fine.
That's exactly why I broke them out earlier than planned from the Gizmo thread. I didn't want to miss solid reasoning because multiple discussions were going on at the same time.

Old May 19th, 2017, 11:28 PM
A Man of Taste

This Passes by the way. I'll post it up now.

Old May 21st, 2017, 02:18 PM
A Man of Taste

Re: Book of Mechanical Constructs (Public Play Testing)

Here is Lazy_Orang's test.

Quote:
Name Of The Playtest Unit: Mechanical Constructs

- Theme Test - Pass,
they feel like generic, irritating little robot minions.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass
- None.
- Synergies Test - Pass - Having testec Ultron’s Program Transmission and Arnim Zola’s Consciousness Transmission, neither is an issue. May be worth checking them out with Brainiac 13‘s Contingency Program, but at this stage, I’m not anticipating any issues - that one’s probably fairly easy to work around, too, just make sure to get a multi-attacker to mop up these little blighters before delivering the killing blow to Brainiac.
- Power Check - Pass
- Fun Test - Pass
- It's surprisingly fun to run around and blast with these little guys.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass
- Drafting Test - Pass
- I surprise myself here, but I could see myself possibly doing so, and if they get that synergy you were talking about.
- Usage Test - Pass - Disengage and Expert Climbing are hardly known as niche powers.
- Strategy Test - Pass - nothing major, but as scuttling little irritants with Expert Climbing, they’re decent at claiming good positions and tying people up, even if not for long, and the low range of three makes picking positioning and targets interesting. Can’t think of another squad with that type of extremely short range.

Army Test 1

Map: Island Plane Crash (no glyphs)
Armies:
Ultron, 3x Mechanical Constructs (800 Points)
vs.
Captain America (C3G), Iron Man (Hasbro), Black Widow, Hawkeye (Clint Barton) (vI) (800 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Arctic Divide (no glyphs, normal snow, normal ice)
Armies;
Baron Helmut Zemo, Arnim Zola, 3x Mechanical Constructs (520 Points)
vs.
Luke Cage, Tigra, Ryu, 1x Fire Ant Swarm (520 Points)
Spoiler Alert!

Final Thoughts On The Tested Unit:

Very little to say here that hasn’t already been said - fun, generic little robot minions, should make a nice filler squad, potential back-up units for Ultron, Arnim Zola and Brainiac 13 and minions for some undesigned characters. Nothing that special, but they aren’t meant to be. I like ‘em.

Last edited by japes; May 23rd, 2017 at 11:27 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 11:31 PM
A Man of Taste

First set in and things are looking pretty good so far. She tested them using about the only thing I saw that could possibly be abused...cheap targets for Ultron. Then she found other avenues. both seemed like close losses.

Old May 25th, 2017, 09:14 PM
A Man of Taste

This worked out nicely...LO hit the Ultron and Arnim Zola angle and Ronin hit the Braniac side. Brainiac did better than Ultron.

Ronin's test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes
NAME = MECHANICAL CONSTRUCTS

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD (3)
CLASS = CONSTRUCTS
PERSONALITY = MECHANICAL/SUBSERVIENT/MINDLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 1-2

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 40

DISENGAGE

These Mechanical Constructs are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

EXPERT CLIMBING
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with these Mechanical Constructs, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore these Mechanical Constructs's height when climbing. These Mechanical Constructs never takes falling damage or major falling damage.
Hmm. Does "These Mechanical Constructs" wording mean we're getting other mechanical constructs? Or at least leaving that door open? In that case, these guys should probably have a secret identity, like the lantern constructs do.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Mechanical Constructs @40 points

Army Test
Map: Custom (HYDRA Gehenna Base with houses instead of castle walls)
Units: Brainiac 13, Mechanical Constructs x3, Skrull Infiltrator, Ragdoll (1000) vs Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom (HYDRA Gehenna Base with houses instead of castle walls)
Units: Mechanical Constructs x4, Oracle (270) vs Iceman, Yukio (270)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: They do a lot for Brainaic 13, who's never had such a cheap source of contingency fodder, but they seem pretty straightforward otherwise. That said, I don't know that Brainiac 13 is super-effective against most builds to begin with. They'll be a must-draft with him, though.

The win against the Mutants felt like it was largely down to great luck against Yukio.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library