Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old April 8th, 2013, 10:38 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Custom Terrain by Porkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnover95 View Post
Words do not suffice for the amount of creativity in this piece. Great job on the cloning chamber! And on all of your creations as a whole! Your work is both amazing and inspiring! I can't help but wonder where the inspiration for the cloning chamber came from?
Thanks! The inspiration for the Cloning Chamber mostly came from a video game that I used to play a lot called Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. It's from the map titled Ark. In that map, the humans have a research facility where they are working on decoding the genome of the Strogg alien invaders of the Earth. The Strogg are dispatched to destroy the facility, and the humans to protect it. The final objective for the Strogg is to destroy the laboratory deep within the facility where the humans have a bunch of tubes which preserve Strogg bodies for study.

I couldn't find a great picture, but here is one. The tubes are to the right of the picture, behind the guy's machine gun:

Old January 6th, 2014, 10:03 AM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Store-flat and Stackable Grishnakh Building Tutorial

A store-flat and stackable Grishnakh building is quite simple to make. First, apply the Grishnakh building printouts to foamcore and cut out the pieces and the corners as directed in the Grishnakh instructions.

Next, the Grishnakh instructions direct you to glue the walls, floor and ceiling together. Do not do this step. Instead, attach sticky back velcro pieces to the inside of the wall. Use another strap of velcro to hold them together as shown:

Cut four strips of foamcore. Place the walls which are attached together with velcro over the floor piece and glue the four strips in place. As you can see in the pictures, I used hot glue because it sets in place so rapidly:

Attach velcro segments to the second layer of walls as before. Also cut four pieces of foamcore and attach to the lower portion of the walls:

Glue four strips of foamcore to the underside of the roof as was done with the floor:

Building, Assemble!

The completed building is really quite sturdy. I was afraid it might be kinda flimsy, but I was wrong. And now the biggest building I have fits simply inside a storage box with my other custom terrain, rather than getting dusty on a shelf.

I hope this is helpful for somebody out there!
Old January 6th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

A perfect solution for those who have storage problems Porkins! It never even occurred to me to do something like this. Transporting the glued together buildings are a bit of a pain and your solution makes it a lot easier to do!
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:27 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Excellent! Maybe now I can finally justify building Grishnakh's excellent buildings!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 7th, 2014, 12:57 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I can vouch for their stability.
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Agent Minivann is Captain America in Porkins' Living Room.
Old January 7th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
But can you vouch for Porkins stability?

Or mine for all that matters.....
Old January 7th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I don't know, Porkins did take out his own Firestar at the ankles. That's not something someone well adjusted does. For a small fee (and airfare) I can come to NY and evaluate you, Grishnakh.
Old January 7th, 2014, 09:38 AM

Poor Firestar...she never even got to join the battle before being destroyed by a giant larger than Galactus.
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:12 AM

I made a tutorial for the Shield Generator when we released it for HoSS, but forgot to mention it here. Re-posting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
The easiest way to build the Shield Generator is to use asphalt tiles from the Marvel set. Alternatively, you could use Road/Castle Walk tiles...or really any tiles you have.

But that's the boring way to have a Shield Generator! Here is the cool way:

Build your own Shield Generator following these instructions:

First cut the base out of mat board or thin cardboard using the template for the base in this file. White mat board is easiest, or you can paint it white.

You can use it as is, or for a cool effect, spray the mat with textured paint, then paint the entire thing baby blue. Lastly, overbrush with white:

Now set your base aside and start on the main disks of the Shield Generator. The most difficult part is finding the material to build it with. The material you choose should be about 1 inch thick. I've tried it with white styrofoam and with the gray foam that is depicted below. Neither worked out great, just OK. You could also do it with the pink/blue closed cell foam, cardboard or foamcore circles stacked up, etc. I used a quart sized paint can for a template to cut out two circles.

First I tried a dull razor knife, which was terrible. Then I tried the serrated kitchen knife depicted. This also was terrible, as you can see from the circle on the left. The picture on the right was a sharper razor knife. I also tried using a saber saw, which actually worked quite well. When I did it with the white styrofoam, I used a hot wire cutter. The cutting method you use will depend on what material you choose. After cutting your two circles, cut them in half.

Because the cut surface didn't turn out very smooth, I covered it with a layer of thin foam. This foam is 1/8" thick and is available at art stores and Walmarts. It comes in a good sized package, is not very expensive and is uber-useful for custom terrain projects.

Next add details to your half-circles. For the sides of the disks, press the paint can into the surface of one of the thin foam sheets and cut out the circle. Scissors are easy for this. Use a smaller circular object to mark a line for the inner circle and cut it out. Cut it in half and attack to the disks. Add strips of foam or cardstock on the outer surface. Add smaller half circles of foam on the outer ends. Cut slots, holes, notches, etc. for access panels or whatever. Tear small chunks of foam out that will look like battle damage later. Hot glue is great for gluing on the foam strips, and white glue works well for the cardstock. Here are some pictures with ideas for the details:

Next, set up your Shield Generator pieces on the base and measure the distance between them (in the background of this picture). Then cut toilet paper tube to length and slice in half.

Add details to the toilet paper tube sections as was done with the disks.

Paint everything black, then overbrush (drybrush liberally) with dark gray. For the base black coat, consider mixing white glue into your paint and a little water. This will help to "seal" the foam and harden it a little. The white glue also tends to fill in small gaps and fill in the pores of the foam, giving you a nice surface.

Drybrush with light gray (for comparison: upper piece has been drybrushed, lower one has not).

Drybrush very lightly around the edges of the details with pure white. This gives a snowy appearance (for comparison: one piece in each picture has not been brushed with white).

For the final assembly, I found it easiest to glue down one piece at a time to the base using hot glue. It also makes the finished product stiffer and stronger if you add a bead of hot glue on the end of the toilet paper tube as well. You just need to place it carefully so that you stick the bottom surfaces of the tube to the base at the same time as you stick the open end to the Shield Generator disk.

All done!
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:19 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Porkins again.

Somebody get him for me. Nice job!
Old August 20th, 2014, 02:35 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Porkins again.

Somebody get him for me. Nice job!
I got him.

Very well done @Porkins ! This looks really cool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles