Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old June 17th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: "Thunderstorm", an epic massive campaign by TheAverageFa

Continuing forward with the scenario...
Proceeding out onto the plains yet to be burnt, Brandis looked behind him to his what was left of all he used to know. His house was completely gone, and the fields were destroyed completely. All he had left were the Jewel he had with him and the supplies he had salvaged during the battle.

He kept walking. He knew of a town not far from here, Sohenville. That part was not destroyed, so that's where he was going. He didn't know of anywhere else to go.

Brandis stopped. He could see something up ahead, or someone, walking toward him. "Who would want to go back where I just came from?" He thought to himself. As the figure drew nearer, he could see that he/she/it did not have the murky black skin of a drow. "Perhaps it's not a hostile." He thought. Drawing closer, he called out, "Stranger! Who are you? Are you from Sohenville?"

The stranger's only reply was to swiftly swing her dagger in front of her, sending a lightning bolt screaming across the ground toward Brandis. It hit him dead on and exploded, knocking him to the ground. "Argh!!"

The (apparently hostile) stranger strode over to Brandis casually. "You know, these aren't exactly the days its wise to let one's guard down too easily," She said, "You never know who to trust."

Brandis' quickly jumped back up and kicked her in the face, sending her reeling back, "Okay, if that's how it'sgoing to be!" He spat.

The stranger got back up, wiping her face off quickly, "Awfully strong for a normal hermit," She muttered to herself, "Maybe he is the one I'm looking for".

HS TS 2.1

Green dot is Brandis as always. Place Sharwin Wildborn on the orange dot. The first Glyph closest to brandis is a potion of healing he may pick up if he wants. Brandis may go first.

Spoiler Alert!

Special Attacks:
Spoiler Alert!

If victorious:
Brandis finally dealt the finishing blow onto his attacker, sending her skidding back. "There!" He shouted, "Are you happy now?"

The stranger slowly got back up to her feet, "You..." She said, "You're pretty good in a fight. Tell me, how many wars have you been in?"

Brandis was confused. "Wars? Uh... none."

The stranger put away her dagger, "That's odd. How many battles? Skirmishes, raids?"

"I've never been in any of those in my life."

The stranger walked over to him slowly. "Who trains you, then?"

Brandis knew the answer to this one, "I don't live or train with anybody."

The stranger eyed him carefully, "You're too good to have no experience. Are you... an elf, perhaps?"

"An elf?"

"Superhuman beings. Very strong and wise. Pointy ears, like yours."

Brandis thought about it. "Then, yes. I suppose I am an elf."

"That doesn't suprise me. Where do you come from?"

Brandis pointed back to where his town used to be. "I lived over there all my life. Now it's gone, so I'm going to Sohenville."

"Then we have the same destination, then." The stranger said, "I'm Sharwin Wildborn, an Eldarin, going to Sohenburgh. And you?"

"Brandis Skyhunter."

"Well then," Sharwin said, "Since we're headed the same way, I suppose it'd be safer to travel together, wouldn't you say?"

Brandis remembered his fight with the drow and decided that was probably best. "Okay, I guess I might as well see you to Sohenburgh and then go back"

Things you will gain: Sharwin Wildborn joined your party! Place her army card next to Brandis'. Note that she cannot carry key items but can carry regular ones. She also cannot use that special attack she used before.

Go ahead and place Brandis on the overworld map. Place a Fire elemental on space above Where Brandis will be (in the way of Sohenburgh), representing a large fire still ravaging the plains. You'd better go to Sohenville, stock up on supplies and heal, then continue onto Sohenburgh.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; June 17th, 2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old June 18th, 2010, 12:20 AM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Dude.... BUILD INSTRUCTIONS. I can't play unless you give me the maps. Upload your Virtual Scape files to MediaFire.com

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:21 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ok, I'll try, but it might take me awhile. Until I do, I'll continue the scenario and then edit in the map instructions when I get them.

Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:20 PM

Man, it's been long.

Sorry for the wait, but I had some computer trouble. Luckily, the virtualscape maps made it.

I'm actually almost done with the official playtest of the scenario, so it should be up soon, my playtesting friend just got halfway through the second to last dungeon (which is a whopping 20 rooms, by the way, the biggest in the scenario or maybe even in D&D Scape history).

For the record's sake, there are exactly 20 dungeons in the game (some consideraly shorter than others). Once all the maps are made, I can begin uploading the maps so maybe some of you will remember that this thread even exsists still.

Anyway, I felt like I should remind you guys that this isn't a dead thread, just a procrastinated one. I've been very busy as of late...

By the way, my friend has lost this scenario more than 5 times already, so I recommend a good amount of retries if the adventurer's party is defeated, varying on the difficulty you want. Here's a good system:

I still want to see how it ends: Endless retries.
Easy: 7 retries.
Medium: 5 retries.
Hard: 3 retries.
Impossible: 0 retries.

I recommend the first two options for those of you who want to really see the story end without having to start back at the beginning (which would really suck). It's not difficult to lose multiple times on a hard boss, and some are pretty hard, trust me.

In addition, I will put a tip or two for each dungeon/boss should you lose there, to help the player survive better next time.

Thank you for your paitence,
TheAverageFan.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios