Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:17 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Tarn Viking Warriors

The Book of Tarn Viking Warriors
Rise of the Valkyrie - Master Set

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: These hardy warriors from the icy regions of Earth have adapted well to the physical stresses of Valhalla's rugged environment. Tarn Warriors can travel quickly despite their heavy helmets, weapons and armor. A primitive lot, they are prone to infighting, gambling, and a host of superstitious activities. On Earth, the Tarn squad served Thorgrim. After Jandar rescued him, these elite warriors were the only survivors left to defend the Viking castle. Greatly outnumbered, they fled to the woods of Korland, where Thorgrim's enemies, Ulrick and his Dreadguls, hunted them down. Jandar returned for the Tarn Vikings, sparing them from certain slaughter at the hands of the bloodthirsty Ulrick. (Hasbro)

Yes. You can keep rolling for Berserker Charge until you roll less than a 15 or choose not to roll any more. Once you attack though, you cannot roll for Berserker Charge that turn. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - VALGUARD : Berserker Charge Enhancement
    Having the Berserker Charge ability, Tarn Viking Warriors may benefit from Valguard’s BERSERKER CHARGE ENHANCEMENT d20 bonus.

- SIR GILBERT : Jandar’s Dispatch
    As a Squad that follows Jandar, Tarn Viking Warriors may benefit from Sir Gilbert's JANDAR'S DISPATCH movement bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Tarn Viking Warriors- A decent filler squad, the Tarns give you good stats for a low cost. B

Tarn Viking Warriors
Name means? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=711
Berserker Charge Clarified? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27
Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 02:36 PM. Reason: VC Synergy added
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:28 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
A nice unit to fill in 50 points. One thing they can really excel at is absorbing Viking souls. If you take them as your last 50 points along with Finn, Thorgrim, and Eldgrim, keep them in the back as a last resort. Being unique, they can take the spirits of their leaders and end up a Move 5, Attack 4, Defense 5 squad of 4 that can potentially clear the field in one run. It's generally better to do this if you already plan to have the Viking Heroes in your team than actually building a strategy around this though.

As always, they make good glyph grabbers if you're lucky with the D20. When the Berserker Charge works, they really throw off your opponents plans.
Old May 8th, 2007, 03:11 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm glad someone else sees their awesomeness when paired with the Viking heroes. I see these guys overlooked by so many players. Seems like many that do play them complain about their unique status and want to house-rule them as common. That would defeat the whole point of them....they're the dumping ground for Viking Spirits.

Naysayers that claim a Viking army has no synergy need to play more "Spirit and Tarn" armies. They're a fun melee force and can be great when properly reinforced with range or other support units like Raelin.
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:16 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Another thing the charge is great for is getting across water. They are one of the few units without flying or slither that can jump into the water and hop out in the same turn (others that come to mind are alastir, eldegrim, and the microcorps. Did I miss any?)

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old May 8th, 2007, 07:11 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
Another thing the charge is great for is getting across water. They are one of the few units without flying or slither that can jump into the water and hop out in the same turn (others that come to mind are alastir, eldegrim, and the microcorps. Did I miss any?)
I'm assuming that you mean to say that Tarns, have the opportunity to cross water given the required d20 roll is met successfully!?
And for Alastair, and Eldgrim, I'm assuming that you mean that they can overextend, (once per round), to jump in,..and then hop out of water on the same turn, (assuming of course the body of water they cross is only one hex wide.)
As for the Microcorps, they're just good to go any day whenever they want.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:43 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
I absolute LOVE the Tarn Vikings. Awesome choice to use those last 50 points. I too love to draft at least two of the vikings and put their 'souls' on the Tarns. Skater_11 had put all 3 of the 'souls' on the Tarns and I heard they kicked @$$! 99.9% of the time they are worth their points.

Old May 24th, 2007, 01:11 PM

riledguy has disabled reputation
50 points to get 4 figures with 4 defense and an average attack of 3.
You can't go wrong. Only downside is they are a bit slow.

I find their charge to rarely work so unlike some of the above I don't include that in their strengths has for me it proves so unreliable.
Old May 24th, 2007, 02:55 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I agree. I hate seeing references to their great speed. It's potential speed, and a potential that is rarely fulfilled for me.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:01 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
I agree. I hate seeing references to their great speed. It's potential speed, and a potential that is rarely fulfilled for me.
They have a 30% chance of getting to move twice. This means that out of 10 average turns you should get an average total of 12 bonus spaces of more. This equates to only a 1.2 move bonus or a total move of 5.2. While a tad better than average human figures it is nothing compared to Samurai, Orcs, Venocs, etc. They are far from speedy.

Old May 25th, 2007, 04:18 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
give me 50 points left in my army, and I'm taking the Marro Warriors over these guys every day of the week. 4 figures with 6 move/6 range every activation wins easily versus 4 figures with 5 move/1 range or, if you're fairly lucky, 10 move/1 range (still a threat range two spaces smaller). The Marro Warriors just plain and simple provide more of a threat. I suppose that if you're only going up against other melee figures, the extra attack die can be helpful, but, heck, if you're only going up against other melee figures, I'd rather have the Marros to run and gun and hide and clone when one dies. No contest in my book.
But, then, I'd also take the WoA and MBS over these guys, so maybe I've just got it in for them or something?
Old May 25th, 2007, 09:29 AM

Gidian has disabled reputation
Normally I don't use them because I don't like unique Squads. They are strong as long as you ca use 4 of them in a turn. But if one if them dies or even two, the roundmarker for the Vikings is waisted. That´s why I prefer common squads which I can use twice or more.

Greetings from Germany

Gidian
Old May 25th, 2007, 04:07 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
They have a 30% chance of getting to move twice. This means that out of 10 average turns you should get an average total of 12 bonus spaces of more. This equates to only a 1.2 move bonus or a total move of 5.2. While a tad better than average human figures it is nothing compared to Samurai, Orcs, Venocs, etc. They are far from speedy.
I'd say the average move is closer to 5.5 actually. Since they will likely hit the roll 3 out of 10 times during a ten turn interval. However once they make the roll they will get another chance to roll again. Its very likely within one of those 3 rolls they will hit again. I'd say the bonus spaces is actually somewhere around 14-16

I'm not sure of the math on it and I'm probably just being to technical and it would be interesting to see what the actual average movement is.

Grenade lobbyist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units