Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 14th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
A Soundtrack for 'Scape?

I was listening to some Zeppelin the other day, in-between my short burst of writing my fanfic entry for the current contest, and I realized how Scape-ey it sounded.

Here are just a few songs I've found that fit the theme well and could be good soundtracks to games. You guys have any other good songs for Scape?

1. The Battle of Evermore - by Led Zeppelin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mHJH0ETi8D4
This is in my opinion THE song for playing 'Scape.
Spoiler Alert!

The list of parallels goes on:

Dark Lord = Utgar
Angels of Avalon = Kyrie Warriors
The darkest of them all = Utgar
The tyrant (whose face was red) = Utgar
The castle wall = FotA
The ring wraiths = Shades of Bleakwoode? (Also there are hella customs for Wraiths themselves)
Whoever is singing as he raises his bow = Syvarris
Magic runes writ in gold = glyphs
The dragon of darkness = Othkurik

Amirite?

2. No Quarter - by Led Zeppelin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WynDypiMRrA
Ok, so MAYBE I'm biased, I'm a total Led Head, but seriously, listen to these lyrics:
Spoiler Alert!

The dogs of doom could be Deathstalkers, plus, Scape's all Valhalla-themed, so the "winds of Thor" fit right in.

3. Hells Bells - by AC/DC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugoCMKXblP4
It isn't exactly poetry, but the general gist of the song is pretty warlike:
Spoiler Alert!

Et cetera.

4. Iron Man - by Black Sabbath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LjbMVXj0F8
Black Sabbath has a ton of war-themed songs, in fact, nearly all of the Paranoid album is about war and stuff.
Spoiler Alert!

*cough*deathwalker9000*cough*

Anyways, that's just a short list. What do you guys have?

Last edited by El T; September 1st, 2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Realized this post was probably obnoxious to read without spoilers
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: A Soundtrack for 'Scape?

Rock on little dude!
I'd rep you but apparently I'm a hater

I'll try to put up some songs as I go on about my day today. ^_^

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:14 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Doesn't everybody listen to LotR while they scape/write .
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great stuff! I would never be able to think of "ring wraith", not in terms of LotR, but other than that, it's awesome. I'll have take a listen

And Iron Man is one of my favorite rock songs. The guitar is incredible!
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
True enough..
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
And Iron Man is one of my favorite rock songs. The guitar is incredible!
Same, what a classic riff.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:21 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T-Steff View Post
Quote:
True enough..
Not me. I usually prefer Rap.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
apparently I'm a hater
?
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Bugger

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
True enough..
Not me. I usually prefer Rap.
Rap can be pretty great too... Who do you listen to?
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:23 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

It's just instinct to me to toss on Khazad-Dum when there is braxas (or any dragon) versus a bunch of heroes.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I could go

Quote:
Quote:
apparently I'm a hater
?
I don't spread around enough rep. The polar opposite to a lover is a hater. Thus, apparently I'm a hater.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Bugger

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
apparently I'm a hater
?
I don't spread around enough rep. The polar opposite to a lover is a hater. Thus, apparently I'm a hater.
Ahh, I get you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion