Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 9th, 2011, 11:42 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!
3rd Annual Ottawa heroScape Tournament at Game Summit!

Registration is now open for Game Summit and for the 3rd annual heroScape tournament on Saturday February 19th 2011. You can check out the Game Summit website http://www.gamesummit.ca/index-eng.php for more details.
Below are the rules I am proposing for this year's tournament. Note that everyone will be guarentted 4 games in the tournament with the top 4 contenders all carrying on to the semifinals and then the winners of the semifinals will play in the finals. That means that you should be prepared to play for 4-6 hours depending on your success. Contestants are free to drop out at any time during the tournament if you are doing poorly and have other things you would rather be enjoying at the con. This may result in others receiving a by and missing out on one of their games.
If you have any questions, would like clarifications, or if you have suggestions please feel free to email me and I will do my best to help.
Most important is for everyone to just have fun.
See you there.

Event Description
3rd Annual Ottawa heroScape Championship. Players bring their own order markers, wound markers, dice, cards, and a pre-drafted 540 point Heroscape army that does not exceed 24 hexes. All official heroScape figures are permitted including Marvel. We will be using the advanced rules (3rd edition) and the latest FAQ for rules clarifications. Open to 16 entrants. All players will engage in 4 head to head games with 4 different competetors. After the fourth round the top 4 contendors will match up to determine the ultimate winner. The tournament will be played in one hour rounds (50 mins. per game plus 10 mins. for transition). When time is called any unfinished games will have a winner determined by points left on the board with partial squads counting for the full point value of their card.
Prizes to be announced.

SEE YOU @ GEN CON 2014!
Old February 7th, 2011, 11:59 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!
Glyphs for the heroScape Tournament at Game Summit!

Hey everyone, have you been setting up the maps to practice for the big game, picking possible armies and testing them out against your friends and families? I have to admit I have been playing with a few army ideas even though I won't be playing in the tournament. Maybe I'll challenge the winner to a game and put up something as a bonus incentive to beet me. We'll have to wait and see. Anyways what I wanted to talk about is the glyph pool.

*Glyph Pool*
What I need to decide now is which glyphs to include in the glyph pool. Each of the maps has one or more random glyphs which will be revealed at the beginning of the game (after start zone deployment but before order marker selection). The question is which ones to use. I would like to have a pool of 6-8 glyphs with some interesting variety but without any overpowered glyphs. Last year I chose glyphs which empowered heroes a little more because we see so much strength in common squads. This year, with the inclusion of the Marvel Heroes we need to be careful not to just add to their already impressive stature. That being said I am pretty confident that there's not a hero in the game that I can't take down with an equal points value worth of Marro Stingers.
So, what do you think? What glyphs should we use?

Event Description
3rd Annual Ottawa heroScape Championship. Players bring their own order markers, wound markers, dice, cards, and a pre-drafted 540 point Heroscape army that does not exceed 24 hexes. We will be using the advanced rules (3rd edition) and the latest FAQ for rules clarifications. Open to 16 entrants. All players will engage in 4 head to head games with 4 different competetors. After the fourth round the top 4 contendors will match up to determine the ultimate winner. The tournament will be played in one hour rounds (50 mins. per game plus 10 mins. for transition). When time is called any unfinished games will have a winner determined by points left on the board with partial squads counting for the full point value of their card.
Eeveryone will be guarentted 4 games in the tournament with the top 4 contenders all carrying on to the semifinals and then the winners of the semifinals will play in the finals. That means that you should be prepared to play for 4-6 hours depending on your success. Contestants are free to drop out at any time during the tournament if you are not enjoying yourself however this may result in others receiving a by and missing out on some play time so I encourage you to just have fun and play your 4 games and don't worry to much about your standing.
If you have any questions, would like clarifications, or if you have suggestions please feel free to email me and I will do my best to help.
Most important is for everyone to just have fun.
See you there.

Maps
Thanks to Shaun, Brad, and Nicolas who have offered to bring and set up two maps for us for the tournament. If you have offered to bring a map and I've forgotten to add you or if you would like ot volunteer please email me with which map you will be bringing. I have put myself down for Highways and Dieways just because I already have it ready to go and I have built it so many times I could practicly build it blindfolded but if all the other maps end up getting taken and you want to do that one for me by all means let me know I would be grateful.
If you can bring a map I need you to be there right at 9:00 am to start setting up or you could set it up on Friday evening if you will be there. The tournament is scheduled to start at 10:00 am and I would like to have it underway by 10:30 am at the latest. Thanks again.

Shaun - Derelict Requires; 1 RotV (Rise of the Valkyrie) and 1 FotA (Fortress of the Archkyrie)
Glacial Overflow Requires; 2 BftU (Battle for the Underdark) and 1 TT (Thaelenk Tundra)
me - Highways and Dieways Requires; 1 RotV and 2 RttFF (Road to the Forgotten Forest)
Brad - Ember Canyon Road Requires; 1 RotV, 1 VW (Volcarren Wasteland), and 2 RttFF
Brad - Ice Blossom Requires; 1 RotV, 1 TT, and 1 RttFF
Quasatch Playground Requires; 1 RotV, and 2 TJ (Ticalla Jungle)
Shaun - Blackroot Requires; 1 SotM (Swarm of the Marro) and 2 RttFF
Nicolas - Burial Marsh Requires; 1 SotM, 1 BftU, and 1 RttFF

Keep Scaping,
Eric Ruhland
ottawaheroscapers@hotmail.com

SEE YOU @ GEN CON 2014!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events