Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 18th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

So I was looking at the Nega-Bands and thinking about what else we could do with them: obviously, we need to develop the other Captain Marvels to use them. I'm not sure WHAT to do with Phyla-Vell, who I've read stories with, but had never really looked into Genis, though I'm loosely familiar with him.

The story is, he was the heir to Mar-Vell as the Captain, inheriting the Nega-Bands. However, once he got Cosmic Awareness, he was unable to control it - knowing ALL of the universe slowly drove him insane, and he eventually snapped, destroyed the universe, recreated it, and then he turned good but hallucinated that he was insane and it was kind of a mess.

So the idea of Genis having a chance to go mad each time he uses the awareness is interesting, no?

REDACTED

Last edited by johnny139; June 2nd, 2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:22 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't know him, but he does look fun to play.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Sounds cool, but would Progressive Omnipotence kick in just when he modified a roll or would it also work every time he rolled defense? And what about when he counterstrikes someone, would it activate twice?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Sounds cool, but would Progressive Omnipotence kick in just when he modified a roll or would it also work every time he rolled defense? And what about when he counterstrikes someone, would it activate twice?
Ah, good point. I think it would activate when he A) modifies a roll and B) rolls defense dice (thus getting the auto-shield). Not entirely sure how to work that in.

Maybe this? I think it should be once per turn, too... I think his being nailed by Street Thugs or something shouldn't cause too much trouble.

PROGRESSIVE OMNIPOTENCE
Once per turn, after rolling defense dice or subtracting from a die roll, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-5, place an Insanity Marker on this card. Add one to Captain Marvel’s normal attack for each Insanity Marker on this card. After placing a fourth Insanity Marker on this card, choose an opponent to take control of Captain Marvel. Remove all Insanity Markers and Order Markers from this card, then give this card to the chosen opponent.
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I think there'll still be issues with that, it would have to activate the first time he's attacked, I think. Otherwise you run into problems if your opponent attacks you -we'll say with a Street Thug, though it could be anybody with multiple attacks- and you decide to wait on the roll but your opponent decides not to attack Captain Marvel again.

Maybe drop both the once per turn limitation and the roll down to 1-3. That would be easier to work mechanically, I think.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How about this?

PROGRESSIVE OMNIPOTENCE
Once per turn, after rolling defense dice, if Captain Marvel used the Cosmic Awareness special power, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-5, place an Insanity Marker on this card. Add one to Captain Marvel’s normal attack for each Insanity Marker on this card. After placing a fourth Insanity Marker on this card, choose an opponent to take control of Captain Marvel. Remove all Insanity Markers and Order Markers from this card, then give this card to the chosen opponent.

I'd consider dropping his normal attack to 4 or dropping the number of Insanity Markers to 3.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 19th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

In this case, can you really USE the Cosmic Awareness special power? It's passive - not something you can turn on and off.

Otherwise I'd agree; that looks good to me.

I could see dropping the ultimate attack number... but he IS a really strong character. Like, "able to face down Odin" powerful. I don't think his base stats should be any lower than his father's... but I feel like that might make it TOO easy for him to go insane.

Maybe drop the roll, though, like TrollBrute suggested? Make it more of a slow burn? I think that would work well - 3 Markers, they drop on a roll of 1-2 or 1-3.
Old April 19th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Touche. Just drop that "use" line, then, and have it trigger after defensive rolls, once per turn. Much simpler. I could see 3 markers and a roll of 1-3. It seems like being very powerful is a big part of this guy's theme, but so is being very insane! (So it shouldn't take that much to get him to go there).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 19th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Maybe this? I think it should be once per turn, too... I think his being nailed by Street Thugs or something shouldn't cause too much trouble.

PROGRESSIVE OMNIPOTENCE
Once per turn, after rolling defense dice or subtracting from a die roll, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-5, place an Insanity Marker on this card. Add one to Captain Marvel’s normal attack for each Insanity Marker on this card. After placing a fourth Insanity Marker on this card, choose an opponent to take control of Captain Marvel. Remove all Insanity Markers and Order Markers from this card, then give this card to the chosen opponent.
I'd drop the once per turn and subtracting from die rolls so it's like this:

PROGRESSIVE OMNIPOTENCE
After rolling defense dice for Captain Marvel, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-4, place an Insanity Marker on this card. Add one to Captain Marvel’s normal attack for each Insanity Marker on this card. After placing a fourth Insanity Marker on this card, choose an opponent to take control of Captain Marvel. Remove all Insanity Markers and Order Markers from this card, then give this card to the chosen opponent.

If an opponent attacks him 5 or 6 times, so what if he has to roll 5 or 6 times? He's also probably just killed 5-6 figures with counterstrike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 19th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

I think that's... alright, I suppose. It seems a bit odd that he would be driven insane swatting flies, but your point about the counter strike makes sense - he's definitely a dominant figure with that (I know Mar-Vell is!). It'd definitely make him a better target for lower-level armies... even if you're not hurting him, you're driving him bonkers and hopefully forcing him to turn sides.

So, let's tie things together a bit...

PROGRESSIVE OMNIPOTENCE
After rolling defense dice for Captain Marvel, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-3, place an Insanity Marker on this card. Add one to Captain Marvel’s normal attack for each Insanity Marker on this card. After placing a third Insanity Marker on this card, choose an opponent to take control of Captain Marvel. Remove all Insanity Markers and Order Markers from this card, then give this card to the chosen opponent.

Part of me wants to make the insanity increase his attack AND defense, but I feel like that would be a bit much with the autoshield. Otherwise I think that's pretty good!
Old April 19th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

By the way, whether he has to roll 1-3 three times or 1-4 four times, the average number of attacks to drive him insane is the same: 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 19th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I remember reading a graphic novel about this Captain Marvel. There was a line like:
"Captain Marvel will you ever go back to the mental hospital and get the help you need?"
Captain Marvel: "Of course, tonight is taco night, I love me some taco's."
Something like that, super funny line in the context of the story, I hope it translates well.

C3G team building links.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy