Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 10th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'm referring to a specific power that's on a few unreleased figures. Not sure if it fits but he seemed easily manipulated from what I read.
While you are correct, and while I think a similar direction would be great, I feel that that power and specifically its title would be a bit untrue/unfair to the character. Good line of thought though.
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
The argument that Griff is making (and I agree with), is that dozens of superheroes heal injuries quickly, why is Invincible any different?
And my point is because it's one of his main powers. His only powers are strength, flying, and healing, and in the comic they make a point to say he has healing, and he uses it constantly.

I've never heard of the Flash having healing powers, but they specifically state that Invincible does.

I don't understand how that's not clear.
It's only a "main power" because he doesn't really do much. I am not 100% against the idea of a healing factor, just about 90% against it, considering that he only heals 10% of the time in the comics.
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:52 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Quote:
The argument that Griff is making (and I agree with), is that dozens of superheroes heal injuries quickly, why is Invincible any different?
And my point is because it's one of his main powers. His only powers are strength, flying, and healing, and in the comic they make a point to say he has healing, and he uses it constantly.

I've never heard of the Flash having healing powers, but they specifically state that Invincible does.

It's only a "main power" because he doesn't really do much. I am not 100% against the idea of a healing factor, just about 90% against it, considering that he only heals 10% of the time in the comics.
Well, I think the design is perfect for his character as-is. I don't understand why you dislike it, and I probably never will. My stance ain't gonna change.
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
EDIT: That re-paint is amazing! Thank-you. Please make me a design to match.
Cool. Thanks.
Quote:
With no defensive powers and no range he would go down pretty fast, especially if you make him slower.
A life of 6 and a defense of 4 isn't shabby. Maybe I could go with a life of 5 and a defense of 5.
Quote:
He got pretty much crushed by Wolverine(2wounds) when I playtested the current design.
And wolverine should crush him. Wolverine is an extremely powerful and fierce mutant with indestructible adamantium claws, while Conan is a strong human with iron age weapons.
Quote:
One of his strongest abilities is climb. The only character I ever saw out climb Conan was Thor. He is fast. He is known as much for his speed as his strength. No armor makes him faster. He needs something that allows him to both climb and move quickly over broken terrain.
Moving over broken terrain with a climb power is one thing, but avoiding all falling damage is just ridiculous.

Quote:
He is not just a man with a sword. In Marvel comics he has tangled with Thor, Wolverine, and Captain America. He cut off Wolvy's hand and put fear into Captain America. CA faced Conan in a museum. Conan was armed with some rapier he grabbed from a suit of armor and thought it dishonorable to face a man armed with but a shield. Captain moved in and Conan quickly drew first blood. Captain America commented that it had been a long time since he had seen his own blood and decided it was best to make friends with this superior warrior.
I have never seen him interact with Marvel Canon. I didn't know he ever did. Personally, I reject any comic where a barbarian man warrior with an iron age sword can cut off Wolverine's Adamantium hand or "tangle" with Thor and walk away from it. That type of ridiculous writting was probably an alternate universe that C3G rarely ever deals with, right?
Quote:
I would like to see him a power like this. Functionally like the Green Lantern Battery, without the stat boost. Something that allows him to defend a strike or make an attack when he really needs to.

KNOW THIS, O' PRINCE
Start the game with (3-5) Fate Markers.
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Conan, you may remove one Fate Marker from this card and take one additional turn.
Before attacking you may remove one Fate Marker from this card and roll two additional attack dice.
Anytime Conan is attacked by an opponent's figure and at east one skull is rolled, instead of rolling defense dice normally, you may remove one Fate Marker from this card and ignore that attack.
Sorry, but Fate Markers just doesn't seem like Conan to me. I do however under stand the theme of where you are going though. And I agree that his *DESTINED TO RULE* aspect should be represented on the card.

* NOTE * I like the name of that power.
Quote:
I would much rather have Conan designed by professionals. ReH is my favorite writer and I would like to see his most well known hero done proper justice, thank you.
If you find any professionals, let me know.

I am confident that as long as we all work together, we will have a very impressive and respectful Conan custom.
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, I think the design is perfect for his character as-is. I don't understand why you dislike it, and I probably never will. My stance ain't gonna change.
With a closed mind like that, I am not all that excited to see you work on Spoiler anymore.
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:

From the DC Wiki:
Quote:
• Accelerated Healing - Speed Force conduits are not invulnerable nor durable enough to sustain damage however if they are harmed they will heal at high speeds. Any normal wear and tear damage to their bodies are almost instantly healed.
Pick any superhero and look them up, odds are good that some sort of healing ability will be listed. It's just the nature of the genre. I haven't read any Invincible comics, so I could be wrong, but unless he heals at a level similar to Wolverine, I don't think it needs to be on the card.

That said, I like SA and the idea of the design. I just think maybe something that's a little more unique to the character would be better.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 10th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks Grif and I think Wolverine actually cut off Conan's arm. Good fight though.
Love that re-paint.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 10th, 2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Thanks Grif and I think Wolverine actually cut off Conan's arm. Good fight though.
That makes a lot more sense. Though, if it were an alternate universe setting, anything could happen.

But the iconic nature of Conan is a champion barbarian man in a more ancient time with no Superheroes around, only magicians (sword and sorcery). That is the direction I would like to see.
Old April 10th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
With a closed mind like that, I am not all that excited to see you work on Spoiler anymore.
I agree. The whole point of C3G designs is the collaborative tear down and rebuilding of designs into something of an even higher quality. If you can't take a little criticism, then I'm not looking forward to any future LDs from you.
Old April 10th, 2012, 04:20 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I agree. The whole point of C3G designs is the collaborative tear down and rebuilding of designs into something of an even higher quality. If you can't take a little criticism, then I'm not looking forward to any future LDs from you.
EDIT: I just blew up, and I shouldn't have. My apologies if anyone saw this before the edit. I just don't see the big deal. I doubt anything you say would make me like not having the healing, it's not me being close minded. I've read every single issue of Invincible (Aside from like the newest one or two), and I think that it's thematic. It's not even my design, I'm just trying to make my argument. No need for name calling or put downs, please.
Old April 10th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'm not blackmailing you, I'm not going to veto any future LDs from you. I'm just making it clear that you need to be more flexible than you are currently sounding.
Old April 10th, 2012, 04:25 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I'm not blackmailing you, I'm not going to veto any future LDs from you. I'm just making it clear that you need to be more flexible than you are currently sounding.
I blew up, and I apologize, you must not have seen my edit.

And just so you know, I'm pretty darned flexible when it comes to designs. Yeah, I can be stubborn, but if you look at my last designs, I always look for the compromise. Heck, my current Spoiler is completely different than my first draft, so...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy