Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 2nd, 2014, 01:20 AM

Bonesaw is surprisingly tart
Question on material for card printing.

Please excuse the singe-question thread, but after searching around, I found much info on how to design cards, but nothing on the actual material use to print on.

Our group has been playing with mostly customs bought from eBay that arrive with nice, laminated cards that appear to be glued (or is sticky paper) to cereal-box cardboard. However there is usually waterstamped white material on the back of the cards, so I am a little confused if they printed on thicker stock or if there are actually four layers ??? laminant on top, the actual printed material, cardboard, then white on the back?

Can anyone point me in the right direction of what I need to duplicate these with our own designs or any other tried-and-true materials used by your pros...

Thanks

Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:56 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Question on material for card printing.

I use 110lb white card stock, from staples, Probley not the perfect match for official cards, but it works pretty well and has the same weight to it as most of the official cards do.

If your doing the back side (I don't) then your going to have to glue them together to make them perfect, alignment for duplexing is very close to impossible as the printer can and will shift during printing throwing off the alignment. I know this because I worked at staples for a year.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."

Last edited by G1shark; May 2nd, 2014 at 03:02 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:39 PM

Blatimus knows what's in an order marker Blatimus knows what's in an order marker

Personally I make sure to use an image that will print a good resolution of at least 300 dpi and then print them on photo paper.

After I cut them out, I run around the edge with a matching colored marker to blot out the white edge. All my cards are in CD sleeves so you can't really tell the difference between the original cards and the printed ones.

Also I put matching stickers on cards and figure-bases so I can distinguish duplicate figures used by other players. With the sleeves I don't have to worry about the stickers coming off through use.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 06:49 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I have a pretty extensive section on what paper to use in the post on printing tips I just did.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards