Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old April 9th, 2014, 01:28 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Question on releases. I know the Terrain expansions and Large figure expansions were released together and in a case of 3 (usually 2 of one and 1 of another) sold to warehouses & stores. Does anyone remember the ratio of terrain to large figure expansion in both the original and rerelease (as well as dates of rereleases)? I am pretty sure they originally came 2 figure to 1 terrain pack per case until Aquialla's Alliance/Ticalla Jungle (which is why AA figures are so rare/expensive), but not sure on rereleases. Here is my best guess, but please correct me (especially if you still have the original case around).

Original releases:
Wave 2.5 (09/2005) - 2 Orm's Return, 1 Road to the Forgotten Forest
Toys 'R Us Exclusive (09/2005) - 3 Volcarren Wasteland and Guards
Wave 4.5 (06/2006) - 2 Raknar's Vision, 1 Thaelenk Tundra
Wave 5.5 (08/2006) - 2 Fortress of the Archkyrie
Crest of the Valkire (10/2006) - 3 Utgar, 2 Jandar, 1 Ullar, 1 Einar, 1 Vydar
Wave 8.5 (06/2008) - 1 Aquilla’s Alliance, 2 Ticalla Jungle

Rereleases (really fuzzy on):
Wave 2.5 (x/200x) - 1 Orm's Return, 2 Road to the Forgotten Forest
Wave 5.5 (x/200x) - 2 Fortress of the Archkyrie
Post response here or the Heroscape collection guide thread.

The Fortress of the Archkyrie and Marvel expansions were almost identical in package size, and were packaged 3 to a case. As was the D&D Master Set.

I am not sure on the others.

~Z

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?
My map thread
Old April 12th, 2014, 06:27 AM

Bonesaw is surprisingly tart

If a unit with unrevealed order markers dies, do they have to immediately reveal what other order markers were on the card?

Old April 12th, 2014, 06:51 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Nope! You just reveal as your turn(s) come around.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 12th, 2014, 08:14 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Nope! You just reveal as your turn(s) come around.
Dead men tell no tales.
Old April 13th, 2014, 12:12 PM

vanilla is surprisingly tart

Rules question on a custom figure:

I have a custom Plastic Man figure which has a special ability that reads: "Overextended Attack-- Plastic Man may increase his range by 6 by rolling one less defense dice for the rest of the round. For each additional 6 spaces, Plastic Man rolls one less defense for the rest of the round."

Plastic Man has a base range of 3, and rolls 5 defense die.

Based on these numbers, my interpretation of this ability is that Plastic Man could sacrifice the ability to roll defense dice for a round, and take 3 turns with a maximum range of 33, since his range increases by six spaces for each defense die he gives up, and the ability specifies that it has effects throughout the round.

My opponents held the opinion that Plastic Man should only be able to use this ability once per round, as he only has five defense to give up.

What does the group say?
Old April 13th, 2014, 02:43 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

By strict reading of that power, the +30 range lasts for that single turn. As a result, the power only allows 1 attack with 33 range. If the power read: "Overextended Attack-- Plastic Man may increase his range by 6 for the rest of the round by rolling one less defense dice for the rest of the round. For each additional 6 spaces, Plastic Man rolls one less defense for the rest of the round." then the +6 range also lasts as long.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 13th, 2014, 09:35 PM

Therion knows what's in an order marker Therion knows what's in an order marker

Under the most literal interpretation of that power, the range increase is permanent and the defense penalty lasts until the end of the round, since the power simply states that you increase his range, and only specifies duration for the defense penalty. Spending more dice than availabe should be a no no, but it's not limited by the power. Since it's not capped it does bring into question how it works (or should work) with temporary bonuses from figures or glyphs.

Now the actual intent is more vague, but I'd assume that the power is supposed to affect his range for a single turn, and that you can't "spend" more dice than his base defense allows.

Patience Drain
After loading and before posting, roll the twenty-sided die.
On a 1, Therion makes a long and/or irritating post.
On a 2-15, Therion may not post this turn.
On a 16+, post normally.
Old April 14th, 2014, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback....Looks like Bonesaw was right...
Old April 14th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla View Post
I have a custom Plastic Man figure which has a special ability that reads: "Overextended Attack-- Plastic Man may increase his range by 6 by rolling one less defense dice for the rest of the round. For each additional 6 spaces, Plastic Man rolls one less defense for the rest of the round."
The way I read the power, I think the intent is for you to be able to increase his range by 6 only once per turn. So your first turn, you increase his Range to 9 and reduce his Defense to 4. On your second turn, you increase his Range to 15 and decrease his Defense to 3. On your third turn, you increase his Range to 21 and decrease his Defense to 2. Then the round is over and everything resets.

If the intent was to allow you to increase his Range as much as you want, I think it would have been written: "Plastic Man may subtract one or more from his Defense, down to a minimum of 0 Defense. This effect lasts until the end of the Round. For each die subtracted, you may increase his Range by 6."

As written, it seems to imply rolling only ONE less defense die per turn.
Old April 15th, 2014, 01:37 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Apropos of nothing, I'm amused by the idea of a Plastic Man plastic man.
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:41 PM

Apropos of nothing, I'm amused by the idea of a Plastic Man plastic man.

That is funny...
Old April 18th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No, you're funny!

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's