Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old August 31st, 2010, 10:32 AM

agentlotek is surprisingly tart
Wink HeroScape Helper - Android app!

*UPDATE* I have changed the name of my app to ScapeDice in order to avoid any future problems with registration of the word HeroScape. I have also added support for "Flag Bearer" dice, created an app icon, and locked app to portrait view only(no rotation). Scape Dice is now officially available in the Android Market---> Scape Dice Here!

*Originaly posted @ Heroscapers.com*

Hello guys...just finished making an app for Android phones/devices using google's new app inventor software...I was looking for some HeroScape apps in the android market and to my surprise didn't find any at all...I was also at the same time getting annoyed by my dice always rolling off the table and getting lost...so I figured I'd put my "App Inventor" beta to good use...haha...was gonna try and upload it to android market but that feature is not built in to app inventor yet so...I decided to share it with you guys first...hopefully in the future I will be able to add it in the official app store...anyway...here ya go...

It should be able to simulate rolling up to 99 dice for each (which is more than enough IMHO)... Actually the only reason I say up to 99 dice is because I have set the display text on each dice face to only output 2 digit numbers because I'm using a big font size...So it could roll an unlimited number of combat dice but only the first 2 digits would display...

Also thanks goes out to: Deadmaxx for his HeroScape dice logo's & AliasQTip for his HeroScape blue hex wallpaper

Click this link for ---> *Installation Instructions*

The app functions the same as rolling your real dice...so you have the same chance of rolling a skull, sheild, or blank as if you rolled 1 heroscape dice....(the new combined version)

In other words for each dice you roll...your chances are as follows:
skull = 3 out of 6 chance
shield = 2 out of 6 chance
blank = 1 out of 6 chance

It is exactly like rolling the real dice...

As for the 20 Sided dice roller... when ever you click the roll button it randomly chooses an integer from 1-20 and outputs the chosen number

So it is exactly like rolling a real 20 sided dice....

As you can see the top is for rolling Attack Dice & bottom is for rolling Defense... I also added a function for d20 rolling as seen on the screenshot 2

Added the ability to change the blank dice to any of the "Flag Bearer" Dice.

Added App Icon

Hope you guys enjoy...please post feedback...

Last edited by agentlotek; July 6th, 2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:35 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HeroScape Helper - Android app!

Very cool; I like dice apps, as it helps me from losing dice under the couch (no man's land). Is there a max number of dice that can be viewed on the screen (or a summary screen)?
And... welcome to the site!
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:42 PM

It should be able to simulate rolling up to 99 dice for each (which is more than enough IMHO)... Actually the only reason I say up to 99 dice is because I have set the display text on each dice face to only output 2 digit numbers because I'm using a big font size...So it could roll an unlimited number of combat dice but only the first 2 digits would display...

P.S. Thanks for the welcome...

Last edited by agentlotek; August 31st, 2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

"Lotek"? Hardly. Welcome to the board, sir, and what a fine entrance you've made.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
"Lotek"? Hardly. Welcome to the board, sir, and what a fine entrance you've made.
Thanks...for the welcome..and I hope you guys enjoy my app...I was looking for some HeroScape apps in the android market and to my surprise didn't find any at all...I was also at the same time getting annoyed by my dice always rolling off the table and getting lost...so I figured I'd put my "App Inventor" beta to good use...haha
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:30 PM

Deadmaxx rolls all skulls baby! Deadmaxx rolls all skulls baby! Deadmaxx rolls all skulls baby! Deadmaxx rolls all skulls baby! Deadmaxx rolls all skulls baby!

Nice! Pretty cool app there. Glad you found my logos usefull I've been meaning to get a new cell phone soon...been looking at one of the new Androids, for awhile now...might be a good reason to pick one up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlotek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
Thanks...for the welcome..and I hope you guys enjoy my app...I was looking for some HeroScape apps in the android market and to my surprise didn't find any at all...I was also at the same time getting annoyed by my dice always rolling off the table and getting lost...so I figured I'd put my "App Inventor" beta to good use...haha

Your thoughts might be better than mine, but I have thoughts going around in my head too about...different thinkings...about brain things that you can use and...doing different things.
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmaxx View Post
Nice! Pretty cool app there. Glad you found my logos usefull I've been meaning to get a new cell phone soon...been looking at one of the new Androids, for awhile now...might be a good reason to pick one up.
You should definitely get an android device..they are awesome...and yeah bro...thanks again for the logos...I had generic shield & skull images in my app before I found yours...and right after I added them It gave my app an instant visual pop...
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:59 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Can you put it on the Android Market?
Old August 31st, 2010, 04:10 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Anyone have a "rooted" android phone? I never did it but looked it up - it is the only way to install apps that are NOT in the android market and you could probably install this HeroScape Helper if you had the source code on a rooted phone, but not for most of us until you add it to the android market.
Old August 31st, 2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
Can you put it on the Android Market?
I wish I could but at the moment it is not possible...as soon as this changes I will Update this post to inform you guys...

You can manually install it if you download a program like Astro file viewer from the android market and then download the apk I posted to your sd card in your phone...just browse to where you put the apk file on your sd card and then open it with Astro...It will then ask you to install the app... it is very simple to do...

P.S. Your phone does not need to be rooted in order to install this app in the method I just described... All android phones are capable of installing apps from other sources other than the android market...
Old August 31st, 2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Anyone have a "rooted" android phone? I never did it but looked it up - it is the only way to install apps that are NOT in the android market and you could probably install this HeroScape Helper if you had the source code on a rooted phone, but not for most of us until you add it to the android market.
No root needed... follow my instructions here

Last edited by agentlotek; August 31st, 2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old September 13th, 2010, 04:41 PM

Did anyone get a chance to use my app yet?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software