Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 16th, 2018, 07:54 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Cassie Hack (Initial Testing)

Yeah, I'll have to mention the Angel synergy. I'm okay with that being a thing - gives me an obvious mechanical hook if I ever get to dig into any of her thematic allies. Also it's kinda funny that the one thing she could really use to be nasty is Slasher-esque out-of-turn movement. Has a very appropriate "she who fights monsters" vibe.

(One of the things fueling Cassie's slasher hatred is that she's pretty sure she's gonna become one when she dies - tends to be people who were angry and died violent deaths, and her mother was one)

Anyhow, let's send her to public testing

One note going into testing - I think she's at her points ceiling right now (or close to it), so if she's trending upward, I'll make changes to tone her down a hair. I don't think that's a big worry based on my games, though.
Old December 17th, 2018, 04:34 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Cassie Hack (VOTE Public Testing)

yea

Lets' see some votes people.
Old December 17th, 2018, 09:17 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Points seeming a bit high was my concern so glad you have an eye on that. Hopefully no need for theme tweaks, which always feel bad.

Yea
Old December 17th, 2018, 09:19 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I'll give you a Yea.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 17th, 2018, 09:23 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Points seeming a bit high was my concern so glad you have an eye on that. Hopefully no need for theme tweaks, which always feel bad.

Yea
Yeah, the point level is something I'm pretty well aware of, with all the Power Rangers arguments.

If she were like a generalist/CRB-flagged 120, I'd be worried. I'm okay with her being more of a counter-draft 120 that wants a certain kind of set-up, though.

Anyway, this passes. Thanks, guys.
Old January 14th, 2019, 09:15 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Cassie Hack (Public Testing)

Crap, totally lost track of the paint guide here. Sorry bout that. Anyway, I should be able to get that and some playtests up for her tomorrow provided my computer can go an hour or two before it goes into it's 'Surface Screen Shake of Doom' mode.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 14th, 2019, 09:18 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Crap, totally lost track of the paint guide here. Sorry bout that.
No worries! Not exactly in crunch time here.

Quote:
Anyway, I should be able to get that and some playtests up for her tomorrow provided my computer can go an hour or two before it goes into it's 'Surface Screen Shake of Doom' mode.
Old January 27th, 2019, 12:10 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

What sorts of match-ups do you suggest for Cassie? She seems to fit well into smaller games, so I reckon she'll be the next one I do (I know I've not been doing much for a while since Yule so I'm trying to get back in the swing ). I'm thinking of taking her against Gorgon (Tomi Shishido) - Hack/Slash is a nice way of punishing him even when he gets that annoying Precognitive Strike in.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 27th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Symbiotic

Awesome!

Not too fussed about the match-ups. Really recommend running her with Angel and against figures that can trigger Hack/Slash. Probably one or both games against an army with some Slashers.

And yeah, no need for real big armies. A couple ~500 point matches should be plenty.
Old January 28th, 2019, 02:38 PM
Symbiotic

Results in from Eric. Had to get clarification from him on one point, so I included that clarification here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74
Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Cassie Hack
Army Test
Map: Chernobyl Conflict
Units: Hawkeye II, Cassie Hack, Angel, Ash Williams vs Leatherface, Michael Myers, Joker 160, Harley Quinn 130

Game 1:
Normal Attack Damage:

R1T3 3 wounds Leatherface (+2 Slasher Slayer)
R2T2 2 wounds Michael Myers (+1 SS)
R3T1 1 wound Michael Myers (+2 SS)
R4T1 4 wounds Michael Myers (+3 SS)
R4T3 1 wound Michael Myers (+3 SS) - dead

Slasher Slayer
6 attacks with for +13 attack dice

Hack/Slash
4 opportunities but none led to any wounds.

Recap - Michael Myers selects Ash as target

Round 1: Lots of movement, Cassie gives Leatherface 3 wounds.

Round 2: Leatherface attacks Cassie with his Chainsaw Special Attack and misses but gives himself 3 unblockable hits and dies. Cassie attacks Michael Myers but blanks with 6 dice. Joker gives Hawkeye a wound. Harley Quinn uses Simlex Bomb on Angel(2 wounds), Ash(3wounds), and Hawkeye (1 wound). Cassie does 2 wounds to Michael Myers. Michael Myers does 1 wound to Cassie.

Round 3:Cassie does a wound on Michael Myers. Hawkeye does a Special Attack on Harley Quinn for 2 wounds. Harley Quinn gives Ash a wound. Hawkeye kills Michael Myers.

Round 4: Michael Myers comes back. Cassie attacks Michael Myers giving him 4 wounds. Hawkeye gives Joker a wound. Joker gives a wound back to Hawkeye. Cassie kills Michael Myers, who stays dead.

Round 5: Joker kills Cassie with Acid Flower and normal attack. Harley Quinn does a wound on Angel. Joker takes another wound from Hawkeye. Joker kills Ash.

Round 6: Angel puts a wound on Joker. Joker kills Angel.

Who won? Joker’s team wins
List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes):
Joker 4 of 6 life left

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Army Test
Map: Island Plane Crash
Units: Cassie Hack, Angel, Domino, Spiderman 160 vs Venom 150, Jason, Deadshot, Firefly

Game 1:

Normal Attack Damage:
R1T3 2 wounds Jason (+2 SS)
R2T1 2 wounds Jason (range)
R2T2 1 wound Jason (range)
R4T1 1 wound Jason (range) - Dead

Slasher Slayer
3 attacks for +6 attack dice

Hack/Slash
Only 1 opportunity for no wounds.

Recap

Round 1: Angel moves with Cassie. Cassie give 2 wounds to Jason but takes one from Jason as well(engagement strike). Jason attacks Cassie give her 1 wound.

Round 2: Cassie gives Jason 2 wounds. Deadshot gives Spidey 2 wounds from range. Cassie gives Jason a wound from range. Deadshot rolls 5 skulls against Spidey but his Spider Sense goes off saving him from death.

Round 3: Spiderman give Deadshot a wound. Deadshot give Spidey 2 more wounds. Domino gives Deadshot a wound. Venom gives Domino 2 wounds.

Round 4: Cassie kills Jason. Cassie attacks Venom with 6 dice and blanks. Deadshot again rolls 5 skulls only to have Spidey swing away from damage. Venom blanks with 7 dice against Cassie.

Round 5: Jason returns! Venom gives Cassie a wound. Deadshot kills Cassie. Venom kills Domino.

Round 6: Spidey kills Deadshot. Angel attacks Jason and misses and takes a wound for the try(engagement strike).

Round 7: Spidey gives Jason a wound. Angel gives Venom 3 wounds. Venom kills Spidey.

Round 8: Venom gives Angel a wound. Angel gives Venom a wound. Jason kills Angel.

Who won? Venom and company.
List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes):
Venom 1 of 5 life left
Firefly full 4 of 4 life left
Jason 5 of 6 life left

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I really liked testing Cassie Hack. She's super cheap at 120. Has a great power that gives her attack bonuses. And she's not just a one trick pony, only good against Slashers. In both games I played she was one of the main offensive weapons. Her attacks are strong, but at 4 defense she isn't going to last long. Paired with Hawkeye II and Angel you can get her into and out of trouble, allowing her to re-engage enemy units to take advantage of her attack bonuses. I did find in game 2 that I had to limit my attacks on Jason because of his engagement strikes. Although she lost both games I wonder if 120 points could be too low. I found it pretty easy to get her to 5 and 6 attack dice, even once at 7, that's pretty strong. Maybe a base attack of 2 against an adjacent enemy? Not sure. If I had 120 points to spend I'd have to select her. I look forward to seeing her released.
Thanks, Eric!

Quick question: when you say she got "X opportunities but no wounds" for Hack/Slash, what do you mean by it? Is that just any situation where someone adjacent to her used an auto-wounding power, but she couldn't retaliate? (Because they didn't deal wounds, or she was destroyed by the wounds they dealt, or she did deal a wound but Jason ignored it?)
Sorry about the confusion, in game 1 round 5 turn 1 she did give Joker a wound with Hack/Slash. I skipped over it on accident, I think because she died that turn. I had it in my notes just didn't transfer it. And yes in game 2 round 1 with Jason, she fired back with Hack/Slash but he ignored the wound. I hope that clears it up. I can fix it in my write up and resend it if it helps?
Old January 28th, 2019, 02:49 PM
Symbiotic

@Lazy Orang you generally do this anyway, but definitely check in after your first game. If she's looking a little strong at that point I think we might have to make some tweaks.
Old January 28th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
@Lazy Orang you generally do this anyway, but definitely check in after your first game. If she's looking a little strong at that point I think we might have to make some tweaks.
Of course, chap! Not absolutely certain when I'll get to that first game, but it'll be some point this week, hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library