Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old January 7th, 2015, 02:07 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Confessions of a former nay-sayer

Been thinking about this for a few weeks now, and I'd like to take a minute to say thank-you to everyone who has invested so much time, talent, and passion into the C3G project. This probably sounds really weird coming from me, at least to the few of you who may remember how I resisted the "infusion" of the Marvel master set into my beloved Heroscape, but I'm being sincere here.

I didn't have a good experience with comic books as a kid. Let's avoid the details and just say that a few events set me on a divergent course. Thus, I am highly ignorant of most of the content, and having to play catchup now big-time. (So I may be asking some really stupid questions here for awhile; apologies in advance.) Fortunately — or unfortunately, from my wife's perspective — the success and amazingly high quality of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, along with my daughters' interest in a variety of superheroes, conventions, and cosplay, has given me the opportunity to look at this entertainment medium with fresh eyes.

And those fresh eyes are kind of astounded at the richness I'm finding in the C3G project. (I really shouldn't be surprised, of course; it's just that my narrow, biased view of what Scape was didn't leave me open to the possibilities until very recently.) Characters I never thought I'd care about seem to leap off the army card and beg me to play them. I now find myself going to Wikipedia and other sites to read up on back stories. Sure, there'll always be some cringe-inducing ridiculousness, but I also find myself drawn into some really interesting stuff, like Swamp Thing's narrative evolution from a simple man-turned-monster into a more sophisticated ancient entity that only thinks it is the man whose personality it has absorbed — and poignant either way because of the tragedy of his lost love.

And oh my, the bling! You've got buildings, and you've got cars, and trash cans and elevators and manhole covers. I still can't quite believe I found myself in a train shop looking at O-gauge accessories, nor that I found the most gorgeous little antique lampposts for 50 cents a piece. Who'da thunk it.

Back in the days of my short-sighted dismissal of the Marvel master set, I tended to look at it as a kind of "invasion" of Valhalla. It seemed so ridiculous at the time to think of Captain America bursting through the fourth wall and "ruining" classic scape. In my ignorance it never occurred to me to look at it from the other direction, and see Marvelscape not as an "accessory" to classic but as its own perfectly valid, self-contained universe, free to be mixed or separated as the mood strikes. (Multiple universes, really, since one is free to blend Marvel with DC, or not.)

What is really making this enjoyable for me is the high quality of the cards, from game design to writing quality to art direction. As a person with a high lexic bias, it's hard for me to enjoy materials that are not well written; and if I'm honest, I am, unfortunately, the kind of snob that would turn his nose up at amateurish, homebrewy material. But what you all have accomplished here is really first-rate. It would have been almost impossible to get me to start driving around town looking for tiny little plastic dolls in yellow spandex, but y'all have pulled it off.

So thank you, everyone. Thank you that for the cost of a bunch of dollar-or-less Heroclix I can play Scape in a whole new way, with some really innovative gameplay ideas. Thank you that I can re-engage my kids in this great game via a cast of characters they have come to be invested in. Thanks for making a path for me back into a part of my childhood that, sadly, got skipped over. And thank you that I have sort of an excuse to go shopping for Scape figures that I can actually afford once again.

Also, please accept my apologies for being an ignorant lout until now. I'll probably still say a few stupid things from time to time, but my mind has been opened at least a crack, and that can be no small feat.

Anyway, what you have accomplished and continue to accomplish here is really impressive. I'm a very detail-oriented and critical reviewer, and I have to say that this is some first-class work. Heroscape has once again jolted me out of my Cosmic Encounter obsessiveness and forced me to spread my crazy around to more than one game, thanks to the blood, sweat, and tears that have been poured into the C3G project. Thanks Bats, and thanks everyone who followed him through the looking-glass.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old January 7th, 2015, 03:01 AM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Confessions of a former nay-sayer

Welcome to C3G! the land of even more possibilities and chaos!
Old January 8th, 2015, 11:04 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If I wasn't raised on my dad's war comics, I'd be right with you. I have never been much for anything that doesn't look like professional quality. That being said, I'm glad that you've gotten-over that problem & joined us!

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old January 9th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
And oh my, the bling! You've got buildings, and you've got cars, and trash cans and elevators and manhole covers. I still can't quite believe I found myself in a train shop looking at O-gauge accessories, nor that I found the most gorgeous little antique lampposts for 50 cents a piece. Who'da thunk it.
Thanks for the kudos but I just want to give @Grishnakh the credit for most of this part. C3G has cars and manhole covers but Grishnakh did an amazing job with his terrain features and buildings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 9th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Thanks for the kudos but I just want to give @Grishnakh the credit for most of this part. C3G has cars and manhole covers but Grishnakh did an amazing job with his terrain features and buildings!
Yeah, plopping those buildings on top of a table has been one of the easiest Scape-recruiting techniques I've ever used.

Bill, welcome to C3G!
Old January 9th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Thanks everyone for the recognition. I just hope that those of you that have used my custom terrain ideas and rules get as much fun and enjoyment out if them as our gaming group has. Regardless of wether you use them with my custom cards, C3G's cards, or any cards from any of the other custom designers on this site, they are designed to fit in as seamlessly as possible.

And I might add: there's a lot of talented and creative people currently expanding Heroscape. And I think that this site stands as a testament to that fact. And the great thing is that, thanks to the generosity of everyone involved, all of it is free! Pretty cool if you ask me!
Old January 10th, 2015, 01:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Could you post up some pics of those .50 antique lampposts you found at some point? Preferably on a game board.
Old January 11th, 2015, 12:06 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Could you post up some pics of those .50 antique lampposts you found at some point? Preferably on a game board.
I'll see if I can get a picture taken. In the meantime, I googled around to see if I could find some online. You can go to this page, scroll way down, and click on the lower copy of the image to embiggen it. The middle-size lamps in that picture (the ones that hang out horizontally from their uprights) are like the ones I found. Maybe about six inches tall.

Now that I've seen this picture, I wish I had some of the smaller ones, too.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old November 5th, 2019, 06:21 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I missed a lot of really good threads during my hiatus from the site! Just catching up with this one now. Thanks @Just_a_Bill for the kind words! I hope if you're still lurking around that you're enjoying our anniversary production. Feel free to pop in and help us refine our wording any time! You're the master at that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 5th, 2019, 08:07 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

This is what our goal is! Glad to see it’s made some people really happy

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy