Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old January 25th, 2023, 12:38 AM

Slayer1555 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Talking 3D Printer recommendations

I just got a flashforge adventurer3 (fdm). Looking into making heroscape all 3D printed. I see people like fdm for the figure base and terrain (mine is a bit small for the large terrain). Does anyone have any recommendations into resin printers for the figures? And any recommendations for fdm printers for large terrain pieces like the 24 hex. Thanks in advance
Old January 25th, 2023, 06:53 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 3D Printer recommendations

Welcome to the site!

In case you haven't seen them, these two threads are pretty helpful and recent:
Getting Started with 3D Printing
Buying a Resin Printer: Advice?

In the second thread, user TREX recommended the Anycubic printers up to and including the Mono X (and that man, along with his brother, does a lot of printing). Maybe others can chime in here, but that is at least a start.
Old January 26th, 2023, 10:35 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Welcome to the site!

In case you haven't seen them, these two threads are pretty helpful and recent:
Getting Started with 3D Printing
Buying a Resin Printer: Advice?

In the second thread, user TREX recommended the Anycubic printers up to and including the Mono X (and that man, along with his brother, does a lot of printing). Maybe others can chime in here, but that is at least a start.
To go along with what was said here, I'll add some other little tidbits. There are many other great printer brands. Another selling point in favor for some of the more popular brands is that there is generally easier to get replacement parts and bigger communities to help with troubleshooting and support on apps like Facebook. You will find out that the more you print, the more you will need replacement parts when they wear out. It's also a good idea to go through the machines you have and figure out what everything does so when it comes to troubleshooting problems, you won't have as tough a time. Good luck and have fun.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 26th, 2023, 10:09 PM

Awesome thank you guys
Old March 27th, 2023, 09:11 PM

Thought id give an update, I got the anycubic Anycubic Photon M3 Max. So far im loving it, done some prints amazing quality. I started simple and got all the markers done like wounds and such. they look like the orginal (besides color havent painted yet.) going to try glyphs and some land soon
Old March 27th, 2023, 09:41 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Glad to hear it!

And whenever you want to start printing figures, there has been a recent (and very impressive) push to sharpen the existing scans on these two forums:

New heroscape models - Mrcellophane1978

Sharpened Heroscape Models by gatormustang
Old March 28th, 2023, 09:39 PM

I did see that, love them so far. even joined the discord for better updates

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing