Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old February 28th, 2021, 12:33 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of 3D Scans of Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth26 View Post
@White Knight What program do you use to make new 3D models?
I use 3DF Zephyr free
Old March 12th, 2021, 08:29 AM

bmarentx is surprisingly tart

Hello,

I have made a few prints of Zelrig, zetacron and sujoah. I have cleaned up and repaired some of the fragments and junk from the original scan as well as separating the Zelrig figure into fragments for easier prints. Not sure how to upload the repair stl files. Please advise. Also I wanted to post some pis of my finished figures for a sample, but not sure how to sign into the gallery. Thanks
Old March 12th, 2021, 12:25 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarentx View Post
Hello,

I have made a few prints of Zelrig, zetacron and sujoah. I have cleaned up and repaired some of the fragments and junk from the original scan as well as separating the Zelrig figure into fragments for easier prints. Not sure how to upload the repair stl files. Please advise. Also I wanted to post some pis of my finished figures for a sample, but not sure how to sign into the gallery. Thanks
Google drive is one option for file hosting that I know many of us use, you just have to get the settings right for others to access. You could also create a Thingiverse account but that may be more than necessary.

I believe you have to be a site supporter to have access to the Gallery but you can host pictures on anywhere that allows you to. Imgur is a popular, easy to use one.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old March 12th, 2021, 02:42 PM

Got it!

Here is a Zelrig print that I did. Majestic Fire anyone!?
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 12th, 2021, 03:34 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarentx View Post
Got it!

Here is a Zelrig print that I did. Majestic Fire anyone!?
Spoiler Alert!
That pretty sweet! Looks cool in clear red resin.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old March 12th, 2021, 03:37 PM

Thanks! It saves on paint and looks amazing once the semi gloss clear coat is applied. For clear resins you do need a semi of full gloss depending on the clearness you want to achieve. It will look a bit cloudy at first, but once clear coat is applied it really pops.
Old March 12th, 2021, 03:42 PM

Here are the links to the repaired stl files for Zelrig, sujoah and zetacron.

sujoah - cleaned up fragments and repaired wings. I left the wings attached and beefed up the wing base to give it more strength. When I printed the wings separate, they would always far off and break.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4792162

Zetacron - cleaned up fragments
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4792132

Zelrig - I separated the wings from the body to print by themselves. They have pegs for alignment and show almost no seam when glued. Also had a bunch of failed resin prints with the head so I broke that away as well for ease of printing.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4792143

No sense having everyone slice and dice in meshmixer when I have already done it. Meshmiixer can be tricky to use and edit with, so here they are.

Hope this helps.
Old March 12th, 2021, 04:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that looks sweet. The clear resin will be really nice for the elementals.
Old March 13th, 2021, 11:28 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Awesome Zelrig. Better than the original.
Old June 7th, 2021, 11:23 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Thanks for all the great work @scapedood for scanning all of these in. Amazing resource. Just got a 3D printer recently, have had some struggles but also some really good results. Maybe eventually will make a thread on 3D printing techniques specifically for Heroscapers looking to 3D print since there is a lot of knowledge for it.

FYI, on the Fyorlag Spider file, the third Spider seems to be a partial scan, missing the middle part of the bug. On a related note, anyone have any tips for how to print Spiders? We keep having supports intersecting the legs that then take the legs off with them, or legs missing supports that don't print well.
Old June 7th, 2021, 01:30 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Thanks for all the great work @scapedood for scanning all of these in. Amazing resource. Just got a 3D printer recently, have had some struggles but also some really good results. Maybe eventually will make a thread on 3D printing techniques specifically for Heroscapers looking to 3D print since there is a lot of knowledge for it.

FYI, on the Fyorlag Spider file, the third Spider seems to be a partial scan, missing the middle part of the bug. On a related note, anyone have any tips for how to print Spiders? We keep having supports intersecting the legs that then take the legs off with them, or legs missing supports that don't print well.
I print mine upside down. the extra bumps from the supports just adds to the texture of the spider and I do not loose legs when removing the supports. You also might want to thin the supports (There is a great video about settings that I would recommend if I could remember who did it).

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old June 8th, 2021, 10:10 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
FYI, on the Fyorlag Spider file, the third Spider seems to be a partial scan, missing the middle part of the bug.
Scapedood uploaded a fixed version of that spider, but you have to download the spiders one at a time. If you download them as a group, for some reason it uses the original damaged model.

Quote:
On a related note, anyone have any tips for how to print Spiders? We keep having supports intersecting the legs that then take the legs off with them, or legs missing supports that don't print well.
I print them like this:

(picture does not seem to be working)
www.mediafire.com/view/b5knhp9ege07kjn

And my presupported Fyorlag model is here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing