Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 10th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Interest in SW Washington events?

I live in Kelso, Washington, and I'm interested in hosting a Heroscape event in late June or early July. That would give us a chance to take our Wave 8/AA loot out for a spin. My church is willing to let us use their (air-conditioned) space for Heroscape events, but we would need to be out at 4:00 on Saturday because of their evening service. For that reason, I'm leaning toward Friday or Sunday.

East Hills Alliance Church
1405 Burcham St.
Kelso, WA 98626

With the terrain I currently have access to, I could build at least six two-player maps with a good variety in expansions, probably more than six. There would be jungle maps included.

I realize no one can make a firm decision without a date, but where does your interest lie?

Casual game day or competitive tournament with entry fee and prizes?

Is there a difference between Friday and Sunday for you?

Last edited by rdhight; June 10th, 2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: added church location
Old June 10th, 2008, 07:53 PM

Eberak Woo who?
Re: Interest in SW Washington events?

Well for me Sundays are no good, I have my own church services to attend, but Fridays might work better.

Is there an address that you could put in your first post of this thread so we can find it easily, thanks!

Wanna Play?
Old June 10th, 2008, 07:54 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Unfortunately for me, every single stupid weekend is booked through the end of July and for most of August. I have only 1 Saturday in June where something isn't already scheduled.

I sure hope you are able to get people together for a game day. I would expect you might be able to get some of the Portland and Vancouver WA crowd to make it to Kelso.
Old June 10th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
Unfortunately for me, every single stupid weekend is booked through the end of July and for most of August. I have only 1 Saturday in June where something isn't already scheduled.

I sure hope you are able to get people together for a game day. I would expect you might be able to get some of the Portland and Vancouver WA crowd to make it to Kelso.
Yeah, I went to Bahde's Big Give, and that's what made me want to host one of my own. Sorry to hear you can't come, though. Maybe we can do another one later at a better time.
Old June 10th, 2008, 08:16 PM

Eberak Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
I live in Kelso, Washington, and I'm interested in hosting a Heroscape event in late June or early July. That would give us a chance to take our Wave 8/AA loot out for a spin. My church is willing to let us use their (air-conditioned) space for Heroscape events, but we would need to be out at 4:00 on Saturday because of their evening service. For that reason, I'm leaning toward Friday or Sunday.

East Hills Alliance Church
1405 Burcham St.
Kelso, WA 98626

With the terrain I currently have access to, I could build at least six two-player maps with a good variety in expansions, probably more than six. There would be jungle maps included.

I realize no one can make a firm decision without a date, but where does your interest lie?

Casual game day or competitive tournament with entry fee and prizes?

Is there a difference between Friday and Sunday for you?
Thanks!

Wanna Play?
Old June 10th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Embraces the Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberak View Post
Thanks!
No problem! If we get this figured out to the point where we can hold something, I'll start a new thread with directions, rules, etc.

One thing I'm thinking about is a casual game night with an eight-man single-elimination bracket embedded within it. That would line up extremely well with the level of map real estate I can put together without buying/borrowing. So the first round, you'd have four competitive games. Next round, you'd have two competitive matchups with four people free to play whatever they wanted (and none of those four would have played one another already). Then you'd have the championship match with six people free to play casually in the meantime. There'd be a TJ or something for first place, and then everyone would be available for casual play. I'd probably have four or five 2-player maps and a couple for 3-4 players. It would be an event you could bring a competitive and an offbeat army to and have a good expectation of being able to play both. Does that idea excite anyone?
Old June 10th, 2008, 08:47 PM

Eberak Woo who?

I like it!

Wanna Play?
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:10 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds cool. I most like the idea of June 27th or 29th, since I have the following week off. I've got at least one friend that I think would carpool with me, making it a lot easier for me to get up there.
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:16 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

As of now, I really like the idea. Depending on the dates, I'm pretty sure I could make the trip up.
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:30 AM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

The Gregs and I would almost surely be up for any tournament (with entry fees and prizes, etc), but probably not for casual gaming. Our typical weekends are filled with casual gaming as it is.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old June 11th, 2008, 10:38 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

Depending on how late it started on Sunday....that would be the only day I could make it. Im reasonably confident with this much notice I could wrangle up at least one or two more players as well.
Old June 14th, 2008, 12:15 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

If you do this on Sunday, there are at least three of us (Chewie, Myself and my son) interested in coming up for sure. I might have another as well....I will know more this week when we get together with Chuck.

I think we would prefer a tournament, but either way we will be there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events