Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 12th, 2022, 03:39 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2 Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
With these new terrain pieces not providing much solid line-of-sight coverage, I'm expecting them to use Ticalla-style defense bonuses, or (I hope) an official partial-cover rule.
I've always wanted to see a partial concert rule. Something like if you can't see their head or body, but can see arms or legs, that it takes two skulls to get one hit on a unit. Or maybe if you can't see a figure's head/body, blanks count as shields when defending. Something straightforward and not fiddly like wing damage stupid flight and etc that makes partial cover and figure placement matter a bit more.

Upset City Baby.

Last edited by brak88; September 12th, 2022 at 05:47 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2022, 04:20 AM

mee likey rolls all skulls baby! mee likey rolls all skulls baby! mee likey rolls all skulls baby! mee likey rolls all skulls baby! mee likey rolls all skulls baby!

My prediction:
Modular pirate ships. For naval boarding assaults!

Evidence:
Sooo many pirates in Age of Annihilation. They can't all be sky pirates, right?

Also in Craig's Q&A thread, when user Strack9 asked Craig about offering large lexan mats (to represent large water hex maps), Craig responded, "Large lexan water mat, I like that idea." I choose to read that as . . . yeah, we already thought about that, it will be revealed soon enough. And if that is true, what could go better with enormous water maps than a couple pirate ships in the middle of them?

If you thought castle ladder rules were messy, though, I don't know how they would handle rules for ship-raiding. But it would be cool, is all I'm sayin'.
Old September 23rd, 2022, 06:21 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mee likey View Post
My prediction:
Modular pirate ships. For naval boarding assaults!

Evidence:
Sooo many pirates in Age of Annihilation. They can't all be sky pirates, right?

Also in Craig's Q&A thread, when user Strack9 asked Craig about offering large lexan mats (to represent large water hex maps), Craig responded, "Large lexan water mat, I like that idea." I choose to read that as . . . yeah, we already thought about that, it will be revealed soon enough. And if that is true, what could go better with enormous water maps than a couple pirate ships in the middle of them?

If you thought castle ladder rules were messy, though, I don't know how they would handle rules for ship-raiding. But it would be cool, is all I'm sayin'.
All very good speculation!

Old September 28th, 2022, 05:19 AM

mee likey rolls all skulls baby! mee likey rolls all skulls baby! mee likey rolls all skulls baby! mee likey rolls all skulls baby! mee likey rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
All very good speculation!

Thanks, and one more piece of evidence that was hiding in plain sight all along.
B attle
O f
A ll
T ime
Old September 28th, 2022, 06:15 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

As I mentioned, I think elsewhere, you can go to Kolakoski's Blog for photos and rules for our pirate games, where two giant ships faced each other for boarding actions! We had rules for shoving people overboard and swinging on lines ship to ship, otherwise it was mostly normal rules we used. This was before the C3V Pirates came out. (I think someone had the Mindflayer take someone over and have them jump overboard!) Don't think you could come back from that.
Old September 29th, 2022, 07:52 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I predict two separate master sets worth of stuff. $100 for your choice of either one, $150-175 for both plus stretch goals. I'm thinking stretch goals will consist of fancy dice, plastic wound tokens over paper chits, more terrain tiles, especially of ice/lava/etc, more terrain pieces/line of sight, and the five SOTM figures as unlockable stretch goals, maybe some longer campaigns/maps.

Upset City Baby.
Old September 29th, 2022, 08:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Two more days until we should find out.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 29th, 2022, 03:16 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
I predict two separate master sets worth of stuff. $100 for your choice of either one, $150-175 for both plus stretch goals. I'm thinking stretch goals will consist of fancy dice, plastic wound tokens over paper chits, more terrain tiles, especially of ice/lava/etc, more terrain pieces/line of sight, and the five SOTM figures as unlockable stretch goals, maybe some longer campaigns/maps.
I think it will be $200+ at a minimum.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 29th, 2022, 09:30 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

It's gonna be a lot of plastic. I hope it's $150, but I think it will be higher. $175, let's go with that.
Old September 30th, 2022, 03:02 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The giant box for Castle Panic Deluxe (all expansions) includes 97 miniatures (along with various other plastic components) and cost $400 US. The base game has 31 miniatures (again, other plastic components as well) and costs $100.

Encarmine mentioned a big box, but I really like @brak88's prediction of two different sets (even if that isn't the case). The art that was revealed today may be a good indication of what will be included in the set (for example, I don't see any Ironclad Collective on the cover).
Old September 30th, 2022, 03:10 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
The giant box for Castle Panic Deluxe (all expansions) includes 97 miniatures (along with various other plastic components) and cost $400 US. The base game has 31 miniatures (again, other plastic components as well) and costs $100.

Encarmine mentioned a big box, but I really like @brak88's prediction of two different sets (even if that isn't the case). The art that was revealed today may be a good indication of what will be included in the set (for example, I don't see any Ironclad Collective on the cover).
FWIW the RotV cover only shows like half the units included.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old September 30th, 2022, 04:21 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post

I expect we'll get something like the Castle Panic Deluxe experience. If we're lucky, it will be less than $400.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion