Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old November 12th, 2014, 08:10 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Design Holocron of Swamps of Dagobah (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I didn't plan on using any glyphs, at least not Thorian glyphs, for the first test.

Yes the forest is on height, but there are so many trees that much LOS is blocked.
Doesn't make it useless... mad_wookie's Sirocco.
Old November 12th, 2014, 08:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

*edit* wrong thread.
Old December 16th, 2014, 10:18 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Cross-posting from Lobot thread:

Quote:
Army test - Lobot

Map: Swamps of Dagobah - no special rules, no glyphs in center of map. Used Astrid and Bacta Tank on forest area glyph locations.

Team A: Obi-Wan, Zuckuss, Han, Chewie, Probe Droid (510)
Team B: Lobot, Darth Vader (Administrator), 2x Bespin Guards, 1x Stormtroopers (510)

Success' bounty is DV.

R1IB - DV adv with BGs toward Astrid to meet up with Obi and Z. Han and Chewie go right side towards Bacta Tank and Stormtroopers who attempt to screen Lobot. BGs one on Obi.

R2IA - Z snared DV and removes 2 OMs, takes Astrid. Obi and Z work on the crippled DV while Chewie takes 2 from STs, then hops into Bacta Tank.

R3IA - Han NTMOS towards SZ and puts one in Lobot while Obi and Z bring DV down to 1 life remaining. DV one shot kills Z and the BGs bring Obi down to 2/4.

R4IA - DV takes Astrid and destroys Obi. BGs swarm Han and whittle him down to 2/5. Lobot retreats away from Han and Chewie while DV moves toward Han and Bacta.

R5IB- Chewie starts firing the Bowcaster at the BGs surrounding Han. DV moves in and Chokes Han to death. OM2 lost on Han.

R6IB - Chewie destroys DV who loses 2 OMs. Chewie moves on squad figures remaining and starts mopping them up.

R7IB - BGs one on Chewie, who destroys Lobot. OM3 on Lobot. Chewie destroys last ST.

R8IA - Last BG puts 2 on Chewie (3/6) before being destroyed.

Remaining: Chewie at 3/6 and full health Probe Droid.

Thoughts: This test makes the designs for Lobot and Bespin Guards very promising. I was worried that the Guard bonding would make Vader too powerful, but the Rebels pulled out the win. Although they did some decent damage, the single squad of Stormtroopers was probably not the best choice. Maybe an additional squad of BG's and C3PO would have been better. I think I like the Bespin faction where they are at. Lobot's cost is probably a bit on the high side for what he can do by himself, which is fine because the guard bonding is so valuable to keep your heroes around longer.

Swamps of Dagobah map: I really enjoyed the map. Almost all of the map was used. Most of the battle took place around the foresty glyph locations (Astrid and Bacta Tank). The middle area was also used due to the jungle pieces and because figures wanted to shortcut from one glyph to the other. There is a pine tree on either side of the map that doesn't really serve much purpose since it is up against the edge of the map (ie - cannot block LOS). In the picture above it is in the very middle of the bottom edge and top edge of the map. Maybe it could be moved inward one space such that it can provide some cover. On the swamp water tiles: @Karat are you certain the number of tiles is correct for two SotM's? I have four Hives and (I thought) two SotM's worth of swamp water, but I had to use up all four Hive bases to be able to build the map. We should proceed with talking about swamp glyphs/swamp creature/dark side cave rules or whatever design work we still need to do.
Old January 9th, 2015, 11:49 AM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Cross-posting from the Duros Thugs thread:

Quote:
Thugs Initial Test

Spoiler Alert!

Swamps map: I like this map a lot. I think that having the glyphs where I've had them for the last two games, up on the hill, is probably not good. Those glyph locations were sort of designed for the single use Dark Side Cave glyphs. Next time I play on this map, I think I'll leave those off, or maybe put a treasure glyph there, and put some mid-powered glyphs in the middle of the swamp to see how it changes up the gameplay.
Old January 9th, 2015, 11:53 AM

What do we need to do to move this along? Yoda will soon hit public testing, and then this will be the only other thing we need to do a Dagobah release.

@Karat - were you able to review the number of Swamp Water tiles used? I recall that there were a couple places that were weird, where there was a swamp water tile placed under another tile, but in a gap...if that makes sense.

I guess we would need to decide about a Dark Side Cave glyph, what glyphs, if any, to put in the middle of the map, and how the Swamp Creature special rule will work.

Then some playtests.
Old February 1st, 2015, 01:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Are you ready to move this out to the public and have some input from the new BoSS team? Or would you prefer to hold off until we get the BoSS rules & procedures in place before getting sidetracked with a map?
Old February 2nd, 2015, 02:59 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Move it out.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 06:41 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Actually, let's finish up the rules first.
Old February 11th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
What do we need to do to move this along? Yoda will soon hit public testing, and then this will be the only other thing we need to do a Dagobah release.

@Karat - were you able to review the number of Swamp Water tiles used? I recall that there were a couple places that were weird, where there was a swamp water tile placed under another tile, but in a gap...if that makes sense.

I guess we would need to decide about a Dark Side Cave glyph, what glyphs, if any, to put in the middle of the map, and how the Swamp Creature special rule will work.

Then some playtests.
I finally got around to looking at this and there were exactly 34 swamp water tiles used, and none under another tile.

As soon as we get the rules voted on and in place, I plan on getting this moved out to the BoSS section and getting this moving again.
Old February 11th, 2015, 08:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Sounds like a good plan.
Old February 12th, 2015, 10:26 AM

I am looking at Swamps_of_Dagobah_5.0.hsc. Is there a newer version?

Here is the overhang in the VS file I have:

Also when I look at the VS file, it shows 68 swamp tiles, or two SOTM's (not counting the Hive Bases), so I must be short a few swamp water tiles or something.
Old February 12th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Yeah, in the OP.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape