Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old January 31st, 2017, 09:40 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
McMeeple's TMNT Customs

Get the current PDF with finished figures here

With the influx of TMNT Heroclix sets I am eager to make use of all the new figures. I will be posting my drafts and final cards here.

From a design standpoint it is worth mentioning that part of my motivation when designing these figures is that I primarily play with my son who is currently 8 years old. Keeping the figures relatively simple is key. Not because he can't understand them, but because when he has 6 or 7 cards under his control it is hard for him to remember all the details. So straight forward cards with straight forward powers make the game smoother and more fun.

I have 29 units planned (hero and squad) covering the majority of the Heroclix figures. I am skipping a few due to the price of the figures.

Finished units in the PDF:
  • BAXTER STOCKMAN
  • MOUSERS (squad)
  • SHREDDER
  • ALPHA ONE
  • FOOT SOLDIER (squad)
  • FOOT NINJA (squad)
  • KARAI
  • FUGITOID
  • BEBOP
  • ROCKSTEADY
  • CHIEN KHAN
  • ZOG
  • TRICERATON (squad)

Planned Units:

My planned customs based on the figures I own.
  • LEONARDO
  • MICHELANGELO
  • DONATELLO
  • RAPHAEL
  • APRIL O'NEIL
  • SPLINTER
  • LEATHERHEAD
  • SLASH
  • METALHEAD
  • NOBODY
  • CASEY JONES
  • KRANG
  • KRANNG SUBPRIME
  • SQUIRRELANOID (squad)
  • IRMA
  • ALOPEX

FULL DISCLAIMER - I have liberally borrowed, stolen and copied powers, stats and ideas from others cards. I have added my own dash to the mix. I just don't want to pretend these are all 100% my ideas.

Last edited by mcmeeple; February 22nd, 2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old January 31st, 2017, 09:42 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: McMeeple's TMNT Customs

Here are my current work-in-progress cards. We are working on Bebop and Rocksteady. My nostalgia for these guys made me eager to start here.

This is my first time doing custom figures. You will no doubt notice I have borrowed powers from other classic scape figures. I am very interested in any feedback regarding powers, stats, points etc.

I mention this is my first time because I am certain I need help. We have played these and they are fun, but I am not sure about pricing. And I am sure there are nuances I am overlooking because I am reading things the way I want them to, not what they say.

Last edited by mcmeeple; January 31st, 2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old January 31st, 2017, 03:08 PM

I am realizing I should have put this in the Custom Comic Creations forum...can someone move it please? Not sure who can do that...
Old January 31st, 2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think only Administrators can move threads. Xorlof is usually active.

Looks good so far. More TMNT is always good.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 31st, 2017, 08:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think only Administrators can move threads. Xorlof is usually active.

Looks good so far. More TMNT is always good.
Moderator's can to an extent...for instance I can move stuff from within the Marvel area to other places within Marvel but I have no power outside of that realm so I can't move this from here into there. X would be your best bet.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 10:44 AM

My next batch of drafts. Almost have all of the Foot Clan done. (Technically I have lots more cards but I am waiting to post until I play test them at least once or twice with my son to work out obvious kinks as much as possible).

Shredder

Foot Soldiers (now that we have both foot soldier and foot ninja minis I love the ability to represent different levels of troops within the clan)

Foot Ninjas

Karai

Up next is Baxter Stockman, the Mousers and Alpha One.

As usual, I am open to any kind of feedback here...especially on point costs which I feel are too randomly assigned for my tastes (though I did try to base them on existing figures whenever possible).
Old February 2nd, 2017, 03:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Are your customs for classic or Marvel Heroscape?

I think the Foot Soldiers may be a bit overpriced with 2 Defense. That is paper thin.

The Shuriken SA is a little open. Is that supposed to be three attacks of three, or three attacks for every Foot Ninja?

If just 3 for 3 I think you should change it to 'A Foot Ninja' instead of 'Each Foot Ninja'.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 2nd, 2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Are your customs for classic or Marvel Heroscape?
These are intended for Marvel Scape to be played with other supers.

Quote:
I think the Foot Soldiers may be a bit overpriced with 2 Defense. That is paper thin.
Good call. I want them to be cheap so your inclined to bring a mess of them (trying to make it thematic in this sense).

How low would you go? 40 perhaps? Putting them on par with Fyorlag Spiders.

Quote:
The Shuriken SA is a little open. Is that supposed to be three attacks of three, or three attacks for every Foot Ninja? If just 3 for 3 I think you should change it to 'A Foot Ninja' instead of 'Each Foot Ninja'.
Yeah, that is confusing. I will reconsider and adjust.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:15 AM

Did some play testing last night with these guys and made some changes to the cards. The Foot Soldiers were indeed over priced in my opinion.

Also, I figured out how convoluted it is to give a squad a special attack. Does everyone have to use it? How does it work etc. So I nuked the power and gave them a different trick. They really are a pretty close replica of the Ninjas of the Northern Wind. But that's ok with me for now. I adjusted their point cost as well and I think it is more appropriate (They have 3 figures instead of the Northern Wind figures count of 4).

Here are the new cards:

Foot Soldiers:

Foot Ninjas:
Old February 3rd, 2017, 12:10 PM

Here is Fugitoid. It was hard deciding who to align him with given that he is all over the place in the different iterations of the franchise. I put him with the footclan due to how he will relate to other figures (Alpha One, Baxter and Mousers).

Fugitoid:

Again, this is a work-in-progress. Feedback is welcomed!

I forgot about photobucket...i will push my images there now instead of spamming up the Heroscapers gallery
Old February 3rd, 2017, 12:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Here is Fugitoid. It was hard deciding who to align him with given that he is all over the place in the different iterations of the franchise. I put him with the footclan due to how he will relate to other figures (Alpha One, Baxter and Mousers).

Fugitoid:

Again, this is a work-in-progress. Feedback is welcomed!

I forgot about photobucket...i will push my images there now instead of spamming up the Heroscapers gallery
If you give baxter some sort of play with androids then you'd be able to move him around team wise. I think playing up the fact that he's been all over the place should be explored. Make him work with different combinations army types. About the only thing consistent with him is that he hates the rock soldiers and Krang. Anyone against those guys he'd ally with.

Or do two versions. One that works with the Turtles and one with the Foot.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

If you give baxter some sort of play with androids then you'd be able to move him around team wise. I think playing up the fact that he's been all over the place should be explored. Make him work with different combinations army types. About the only thing consistent with him is that he hates the rock soldiers and Krang. Anyone against those guys he'd ally with.

Or do two versions. One that works with the Turtles and one with the Foot.
Great ideas for sure! Thank you.

Yes, the goal with Baxter, mousers, Alpha One and Fugitoid is that they work together. I am excited to post my designs for those guys. I plan to play them this weekend and tweak before posting them here.

Two versions is a great idea depending on who wants to play the figure.

I am also connecting in the Soulborgs with Alpha One and Baxter. Given their robot like nature its a fun way to tie in classic scape figures that might find their way into a super hero fight.

I think these guys that bond with robots/androids could be really key figures given how many robots and such there are in the TMNT world and even in the limited figures we have: Mousers, Fugitoid, Metalhead, Irma, Kranng Subprime. I think there is more but I am drawing a blank.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations