Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 20th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Mice & Mystics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I had hoped to demo this game at GenCon when I went yesterday, but the tables were always full and didn't look like they were ending anytime quick.

Saw GB and wanted to say "hey", but he was kind of busy teaching the game, so I didn't want to bug him. They were always busy there, so that's a good thing.
I really wish you would have said hi. I didn't even make it up to the events this year because I was so busy with M&M. I miss seeing everyone!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 20th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I had hoped to demo this game at GenCon when I went yesterday, but the tables were always full and didn't look like they were ending anytime quick.

Saw GB and wanted to say "hey", but he was kind of busy teaching the game, so I didn't want to bug him. They were always busy there, so that's a good thing.
I really wish you would have said hi. I didn't even make it up to the events this year because I was so busy with M&M. I miss seeing everyone!
Well everytime I swung by the area you were pretty busy explaining or helping the demoers, I would have felt bad interrupting you and the guys demoing the game. I hope to go to GenCon next year, even if it's just for Saturday like this year, so I'll be sure to interrupt you next time.

I had asked Truth where the Scape area was and he wasn't sure because he was busy at the booth too, but he told me where Jexik was and I found him and he told me where the Scape stuff was.

You guys are so busy with your booths and demoing that you miss out on other stuff, but I guess that's part of promoting your product. A friend of mine that I was down there with had lucked out and gotten a copy of Andoid Netrunner, I guess it's the hottest thing at the Con this year and they sold out shortly after he got one. Well anyway, later in the afternoon when we demoed Zpocalypse, the desinger of that game hadn't gotten a chance to get away from demoing his game, and missed out on getting Netrunner. He offered my friend some stuff for his copy but he wouldn't give it up. About an hour or so later after playing the game, the designer of that game offered my friend all kinds of goodies for Zpocalypse when it comes out, in addition to paying the cost of Netrunner. My friend gave it up as we liked Zpocalypse a lot and he was happy with getting all the extras when it comes out. So there's a case where a guy like you was stuck promoting his game and missed out on some stuff.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 13th, 2012, 03:14 AM

fourchinnigan is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'm looking forward to pre-ordering this game next week after I settle in to my new place. It looks really promising. It's great to see the Heroscapers community spawning a gaming business.
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Looks like from here that Mice & Mystics pre-orders will start to ship next Monday, October 8th. Looks like they had 1,800 pre-orders from the Plaid Hat site, so that's cool

Can't wait to get it

Old October 16th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So Christmas is approaching: Discount for HS Site Supporters?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:54 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How are the setup times for games with this?
I read of a story focus, but does the setup/ play require large amounts of sitting through narration?
Are there quick and dirty skirmish start up options?

Old October 19th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

The story and set-up is pretty smooth and quick. It's all laid out for you and the game rolls out pretty easily. If you've played Ravenloft, it's a big step above that, but it's in the same family. Some initial reading, some set-up, but it's not excessive. Most games play in an hour or two.
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:50 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67SqscXHAeI

I haven't been around in a while, and am not sure if you knew or not, but here is a video review I did on Mice and Mystics. I hope you enjoy it!

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 03:55 AM

Thanks for video link - I'll probably be getting this.

Old November 11th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Finally got mine after a long delay, but it certainly is some beautiful stuff.

I've been working through the first chapter to get a handle on the rules before teaching the kids or others, as I hate fumbling through the rules while learning the game and teaching at the same time. That's a "no no" in my book.

But so far so good and it has been fun and I can't wait to have the kids join in to give it a try.

Great job Grungebob and others involved in bringing this beautiful game to life.

Old November 11th, 2012, 08:25 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I haven't got my copy yet, but I have the minis from someone else's set that I am painting for them and look forward to painting my own.

Old November 11th, 2012, 09:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Those look really good Jormi!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games