Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 1st, 2011, 03:14 PM

Mongofa Woo who?
Favorite Yes album??

For those of you who like Yes, what is your favorite album if you have one?

[img]Creedence_Clearwater_Revival[/img]
Old October 1st, 2011, 04:44 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Favorite Yes album??

I havent' heard of Yes, what genre of music are they?
Old October 1st, 2011, 06:37 PM

Mongofa Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
I havent' heard of Yes, what genre of music are they?
In the 70's they were progressive rock, then in the 80's they kinda turned into a pop/rock band. But they are best known for their prog-rock work.

[img]Creedence_Clearwater_Revival[/img]
Old October 1st, 2011, 10:24 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Close to the Edge.

My all time favorite group. Seen them several times in concert. The best was Radio City Music hall. At one point Rick Wakeman left his keyboard and played the house organ. The concert was all album sides. They did not play Roundabout or any of their top hit singles. It was the best concert I have ever attended.
Old October 1st, 2011, 11:22 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Yup, if I had to choose one Yes album I'm with Grishnakh... "Close to the Edge."

PS: Hey Mongofa, are you coming to the Bay Area Brawl? Here's the link: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37440

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:35 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

It might even be my favorite 80s album, with Little Creatures by Talking Heads coming in as a close second favorite.

For me it's like Yes swooped in on the 80s and said "Done!" Big Generator (also from the 80s) is alright but doesn't really compare to 90125.
Old November 28th, 2011, 05:46 PM

Resistance is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Close to the Edge, i also adore Time and a Word.
Yes is an amazing, historic band. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't listened to them.

PS: First post! Greetings HS forums :P

Old January 17th, 2012, 02:54 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Whichever one was the one that made them finally stop.

Kidding! I like them well enough but just know whatever got played on the radio. Seemed like the older stuff was better but that is true for most every band.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Close to the Edge.

My all time favorite group. Seen them several times in concert. The best was Radio City Music hall. At one point Rick Wakeman left his keyboard and played the house organ. The concert was all album sides. They did not play Roundabout or any of their top hit singles. It was the best concert I have ever attended.
I've seen them multiple times as well, 2nd favorite band to Rush. We used to play Roundabout, Long Distance Runaround, etc. at a heavy metal night at a club near us and the kids moshing would initially have a puzzled look and then thrash anyway. There would always be a couple of old dudes (me now) that would come up to us and say something like "Hey man, I recognized some of those songs, pretty cool".

Anyway it is difficult to pick a favorite, but right now it would be Drama. It has more of an edge than some of their stuff, of course it is missing Anderson and Wakeman. Ask me tomorrow and it might be The Yes Album. Love The Clap!

This is an awesome thread. Listening to Yes right now "Yours is no disgrace. ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh dooom..."
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

90125: I like their sell-out 80s stuff...Although the venerable Starship Troopers is a cool, long-winded romp.
Old February 13th, 2012, 02:05 AM

ying20080304 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

When I Fall In Love

Health is Wealth
Old July 12th, 2016, 04:31 AM

Dragon44 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Big Generator

http://sonia.pl/ru/ торговля косметическими изделями

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music