Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old March 20th, 2009, 12:21 PM

docweb2004 Woo who?
Marvel Civil War Scenario - Whose side are yo on?

Hello all!

This is my Civil War Scenario Draft. Any feedback is welcome and I am still working on either using a custom map, or one of the existing Marvel maps.

Thanks! and I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Agent Utah

Civil War
MASTER GAME - MARVELSCAPE
(2 Players)

The Registration Act has become law. Captain America has gone underground to lead a Resistance Force against the Iron Man led Pro-Registration Army. A seemingly escape proof Detention Facility, called Section 42, is built to house the captured Resistance fighters. Whose side are you on?

Player 1’s Goal- To convert Pro-Registration army members to the Resistance and free captured Resistance fighters.

Player 2’s Goal- To convert or detain members of the Resistance.

Setup: Players roll D20 and high roll selects first and chooses either Army 1 or Army 2. Other player gets remaining army.

Army 1 (Pro-Registration) – Iron Man, Thanos, Venom, Abomination and Dr. Doom

Army 2 (Resistance) – Captain America, Hulk, Spider Man, Red Skull and Silver Surfer

Army 1 begins in Red Starting Zone, Army 2 begins in Blue Starting Zone.

The Mysterious Item Glyph and the Object of Power Glyph are placed on their corresponding map locations with their power sides up.

Special Rules:
Thanos rejected by Death Power does not work in this scenario.

MYSTERIOS ITEM PERMANENT GLYH (TELEPORATION GLYPH): Player must stop his move on the Teleporation Glyph and may teleport any friendly figure anywhere on the board (even from Section 42) to an adjacent, open space of the Teleporation Glyph. This power may be used only once per round. If figure is defeated, the Teleportation Glyph is relocated to an open space up to 5 spaces away. Player that defeated figure chooses new location of Teleporation Glyph.

OBJECT OF POWER TEMPORARY GLYPH (DR. STRANGE PYSCHIC POWER): Player must stop his move on the Dr. Strange Glyph and then must choose a player on the opposing team to change sides. Once this power is used, the Glyph is removed from the game. Converted figure remains at the location he was at and all wound markers are removed from his card.

CONVERTING FIGURES: When a figure has as many wound markers as the life number on its card, instead of being dead, the figure has now converted to the other side and becomes part of the other player’s army. All wound markers are then removed, and if the figure was in possession of the Teleport Glyph, the Glyph is removed and placed on an open space up to 5 spaces away, by the player now in control of the figure.

CAPTURING FIGURES: When a Pro-Registration figure is adjacent to an enemy figure, they may on their turn attempt to capture the figure instead of attacking. Roll D20 die and on a roll of 1, take one wound; Roll 2-12, nothing happens and end of turn; Roll 13-17, nothing happens but continue turn; Roll 18-20, arrest the opposing figure and place immediately on any open space in the Detention Cell Block of Section 42.

ESCAPING: At the beginning of the Resistance Army's round, the player may attempt to free one of the held figures in the Detention Facility (if there are any being held). Roll D20 die and on a roll of 1 or 20, you may free one of the captured figures and place it back in your starting zone and remove all wound markers.

OPTIONAL:

THROWING OF OBJECTS: Player may pick up and throw a small, medium or large object instead of attacking. Figure must be adjacent to object in order to throw object. Small and medium objects may be thrown up to 6 spaces and 2 attack die are rolled. Figure being attacked defends as normal against thrown object. Large objects can be thrown up to 4 spaces and 4 attack die are thrown. Again, figure being attacked rolls defense dice as normal. After object has been thrown, defending figure rolls a D20 die and on a roll of 1-9, object is destroyed and removed from the game. On a roll of 10-20, object is placed on an adjacent open space(s) by defending figure.

CARRY FRIENDLY FIGURE: A figure on his move may carry 1 adjacent friendly figure with them on their turn, but must subtract 1 from his movement number. The carried figure is then placed on an open, adjacent space.

Victory:
When one player controls all the figures. If after Round 12 no one is in control of all figures, then the player with the most figures on the battlefield wins. (Figures being held in Section 42 don’t count towards either players totals). If there is a tie, the player with the most points wins.

AKA Agent Johnny Utah

Last edited by docweb2004; March 20th, 2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:55 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Marvel Civil War Scenario - Whose side are yo on?

What battlefield is this being played on?

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:56 PM

docweb2004 Woo who?

I'm still working on a battlefield.

Any suggestions?

Agent Utah

AKA Agent Johnny Utah
Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:02 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Use virtualscape and let your imagination run wild.

-Vitm

PS. Agent Utah?

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:14 PM

docweb2004 Woo who?

What did you think of the Civil War Scenario?

AKA Agent Johnny Utah
Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:18 PM

It's the best super-complex scenario I've seen for marvel. You must have put alot of thought behind this.

-Vitm

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old April 9th, 2009, 04:10 AM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

I wouldn't mind making you a map, but what sets do you have? Do you want it to be BOM standards or can I just use whatever the heck I want?

Heres the first map I put together on zero sleep before I went to bed, any changes you want before I try V.2?

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Last edited by joe5joe7; April 9th, 2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old April 9th, 2009, 04:37 PM

I just want to clairify the rules here. The bolded text is what I changed (other that the title)

CAPTURING FIGURES: When a Pro-Registration figure is adjacent to an enemy figure, they may on their turn attempt to capture the figure instead of attacking. Roll D20 die and on a roll of 1, take one wound; Roll 2-12, nothing happens and end of turn; Roll 13-17, nothing happens but continue turn; Roll 18-20, arrest the opposing figure, remove all order markers from the arrested figure's card and place immediately on any open space in the Detention Cell Block of Section 42. No player can place any order markers on captured figures in the Detention Cell.

I also have no idea what you mean by the objects so I used Peteparker's statue rules and put the tarn viking warriors on my map as statues.

Just type up those rules and it'll be alot clearer.

-Vitm

EDIT: The teams seem a little off why are the good guys fighting the registration act and the bad guys for it. Change teams to

Player 1 (Pro-R) Iron-man, Hulk, Spiderman, Silver Surfer, Red Skull

Player 2 (Resist) Capn. America, Thanos, Dr. Doom, Venom, Abomination.

Plus this way the point values are closer

*******Previous****Now*******
Player 1 ** 1315 **** 1280
Player 2 ** 1260 **** 1295

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; April 9th, 2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old April 10th, 2009, 05:35 PM

Kutless Woo who?

This is a really cool Scenario.
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:08 PM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker

just want to let you know, that as soon as posible, I'll give your scenario here a try.. A loved the Civil War story and I'm hoping that when i get some more experince I can be able to write a big civil war complex, with the whole story but maybe different endings, just so that Cap won't have to die in the ending I'll keep you updated.. but I really look forward to give this scenario a spin
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:34 AM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker

Here you can see my first thoughts on a complex scenario..
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=28670

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios