Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 14th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post

Sunday was Seafall campaign continuation. We are 4-5 games in and so far this has been great. I gave up the overall lead to @akden (your welcome), mainly so I could stop having to give out so much enmity at the beginning of games. The region is littered with my enmity tokens. I normally make such a good first impression.
at $80 shipped, it is an incredible deal for what you get in the box.
I do like the idea of being called Prince (or Princess, since my leader is a female), rather than baron, but I was doing my best to just stay in second so I wouldn't have the hassle of being envied and hated by my (almost) peers. I am also thoroughly enjoying the campaign, not only for the surprise discoveries, but also because of the variety of ways to win. I feel like everyone is following a different route, which is very cool.

I was fortunate enough to lose a game of Scythe on Sunday. I'm pretty rusty, but I still like the game a lot. I think I need to spend some time with the automata.
Old December 15th, 2016, 12:13 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Holiday Borg Gaming

1. Played a game of Memoir 44 Pacific Expansion "Pelilieu Landings," which is the only official Overlord Pacific scenario in that pack. Solitairing it when the Expansion first came out, the US Marines had no trouble. But with a live opponent, who I warned not to take the Japanese, because in my experience they almost never win the island battles; but he wanted the challenge--he won with them! Banzai!

2. Played the Commands & Colors Napoleonics Borodino Raevsky Redoubt scenario from Expansion #2. Won as the French after a long game for a standard scenario. Lots of fun.

Coming soon is both the Memoir 44 Expansion Battle Pack: Battles of Khalkin Gol (Prewar Mongolia: Russians vs Japanese), the first in a new battle pack series and the first M44 expansion in a couple of years or so, and C&C Napoleonics Expansion #6 Epic (multiplayer; shipping this week from GMTs P500 program).

Last edited by chas; December 16th, 2016 at 12:21 AM.
Old December 15th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You really need a title chas.
Something like 'The One True Scale'.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 19th, 2016, 12:58 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Star Wars Rebellion

Holy cow is this game awesome!!! I just spent 4 hours on my second game. I won both times, the first time I spread out my Imperial forces, suspectingly, but unknowingly began building a death star over the rebel base on Tatooine before landing there en masse and destroying the rebel base. The second game was nerve-wracking, as I engaged in an aggressive naval campaign against the Empire, trying to strand their armies and making no headway in terms of sabotage and loyalty (many, many systems became and remained loyal). Completely per chance, the Empire destroyed Toydaria with the Death Star, causing the inhabitants of Nal Hutta to turn to them and betray the Rebel Base on the planet. With the Death Star one space away, the Rebels started sweating, until Luke and Han turned up the Death Star Plans and Wedge Antilles led an apparent suicide mission against the Death Star, getting a one-man fighter in to blow the Death Star to smithereens in the midst of the destroyed planet Toydaria!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 24th, 2016, 07:43 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played a couple of games of Great Western Trail yesterday and today. I really like this game, it has quite a few paths to victory and a simple yet interesting deck/herd building mechanic.

Perfect season for Dark, Darker, Darkest yesterday, also.

Also have been playing Star Wars Destiny and Blood Bowl in preparation for leagues/tournaments, hopefully.

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone.

Last edited by Gurei-Ornery; December 24th, 2016 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Happy Hanukkah, D_S
Old December 24th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Merry Christmas G-O.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 27th, 2016, 09:29 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The Canadian Club

Just saw my old Canadian pal off, after a ten day Christmas Week visit (and my birthday is Christmas Eve) during which we played 12 games; all of designs or expansions he had not played before:

The Great War x2
C&C Napoleonics x2 (Austrian, Prussian)
Blood Rage 3 PL
Hold Fast (Korean War, Worthington)
Star Trek Ascendancy
Mare Nostrum Empires 3 PL (With new Heroes of the Bible Expansion)
Mare Nostrum Empires 2 PL
The Great War (Tank Expansion)
Cry Havoc 2PL x2
Old December 28th, 2016, 10:55 AM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Began Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past campaign yesterday. Interesting dice for available actions mechanic and sharing of actions amongst the turtles.

Tried to get Food Chain Magnate to the table, but fell back to Scythe when it became obvious the group I was playing with was not up to the challenge. Still haven't lost a game of Scythe yet, even though every game I have felt like I was not doing well. I like that feeling that I could lose at any minute because someone could end the game before I am ready. One of my favorites for the year.

Tried out the new version of Robo Rally. I think it will be more accessible than previous iterations because it is less punishing to take damage. I really like that everyone gets there own deck now and that there is a minor deck building element to it, but it seems too nice now. Still a blast though.

Cracked open Tokaido: Deluxe Edition to try it out. Beautiful game that I can't tell whether I like or not. Was only playing with 2, so I will withhold judgment until I can play with more people.

Played Tanks and would rather play X-Wing. If I am going to play WWII miniatures, there are so many games that would jump in front of this.

Speaking of, found a group that plays Dust near me, so hoping to get that to the table on a regular basis. Granted it is Weird War II, but the Warfare version is fantastic.
Old December 28th, 2016, 12:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Gurei-Ornery , is that the turtle game that just came out that was kickstarted not too long ago? I was watching that but was not familiar with kickstarter at the time. Ooh, that is so cool. I'll get that game and have the figures for the new c3g cards as well. Bonus.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 28th, 2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Gurei-Ornery, is that the turtle game that just came out that was kickstarted not too long ago? I was watching that but was not familiar with kickstarter at the time. Ooh, that is so cool. I'll get that game and have the figures for the new c3g cards as well. Bonus.
Yes it is. The figures are ok, but unpainted. If I were you (and I am because I have) I would get the Heroclix Turtle figures for C3G use. We substitute the turtles in this game also. You can either buy them separately or look for the Mouser Mayhem box when it goes on sale again. I think it MSRPs fro around $25, but I have seen it go for around $18.
Old December 28th, 2016, 06:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I couldnt resist and bought it on Amazon right after posting.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 30th, 2016, 03:43 AM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Arena of the Planeswalkers:
Unfortunately I didn't get to post after I got AoTP due to crazy circumstances in life (As most of you CoN players already know). So now that I'm back to HSers I may as well post now. I played AoTP with my family about a week ago twice (once with 4 people and once with 5), and I had a blast, I think it's quite refreshing and a great alternative to HS, definitely NOT a replacement, but it's nice as a variant. My family, while enjoying HS a lot, sometimes gets hung up on the wording for powers but I'm always there to make sure things run smoothly, with AoTP, it's a bit different, because the spells in someone's hand are hidden and so I can't point out how a specific spell or enchantment works, I'm working on writing up a translation for every spell to hopefully solve this, but any of you wanting to pick up AoTP and play with non-gamers and people who get hung up on wording might want to consider this fact. Haven't opened the expansions yet so that my family can get used to all the different planeswalkers first but I can't wait! Also, as a side-note, those of you stuck with ragers who also get stuck on wording may want to consider hiding this from that rager.

Survive: Escape from Atlantis:
I got this for Christmas, played it with the family once, and oh boy what a hit! We had an absolute blast playing with 4 people, it was chaotic and by no means a euro. But dang was it fun! This easily made it into my top 5 games ever! Maybe it helped that the rager was not present, I can see that being a major problem for some people and I don't think it would be in your health's best interest to play with someone who can't laugh at their own downfall and/or 2 of their boats being sucked into a whirlpool. I highly suggest this for casual gamers, family gamers, and anyone who likes HS and/or hexes!

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games