Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 16th, 2018, 05:55 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Dredd'verse workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
@Tornado but is it too strong to have her always be successful? Honestly asking. Seems like it pops up when its helpful for the writers, not when its always helpful for her, otherwise she'd just thwart every villain before anything happened. i think it would definitely be OK to give her a much lower roll, but we'll have to see.
Hmmm... if it's basically plot dependent, would it be thematic to make it automatic but once per game?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 16th, 2018, 07:54 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Dredd and Anderson do thwart every villain, just about every time. That is why, unlike other comic heroes, they do not have recurring villains. They get put away the first time.

When Anderson does an object read, which is essentially what the glyph peek is, she does not fail 60% of the time, she never fails. Now what she gleans is variable, depending on circumstance but generally always leads to an answer.

To help Dredd with a Psi-Flash she has to roll a 13+ and then Dredd has to roll 11+.
With my luck I could see that never happening and in no way represents her reliability.
Anderson is a Judge you can depend on. That is why she is pretty much the only Judge that Dredd routinely teams up with.

For Psi-Flash, I would simply give Anderson and the other Judges an auto-shield vs. range attacks. If that is too good, it can be limited to normal attacks or just be an extra defense die.

For the glyph view and no LoS needed, I would just make automatic or drop for the Good Pig power as it lends a lot more to the Judge faction. Or being able to extend Mental Shield to another Judge would also fit theme-wise but usually not super useful.
Old August 16th, 2018, 01:28 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The main thing to keep in mind here is we are trying to build a Judge faction.
The problem is Judge Dredd sucks, so every addition needs to be adding something useful to Dredd and the other Judges. The Brit Cits make figures Criminals, that helps Dredd.

Anderson needs to be equally and ideally, more helpful.
Old August 16th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think the auto-effectiveness makes a lot of sense for those powers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 16th, 2018, 04:31 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

How about this:
Quote:
JUDGE ANDERSON
Cassandra Anderson

Human
Unique Hero
Judge
Valiant
Medium 5

Life: 4

Move: 5
Range: 7
Attack: 4
Defense: 5

PSI-JUDGE
Criminals roll 1 fewer defense die against Judge Anderson's attacks. Judge Anderson has the class of Telepath in addition to Judge. An opponent can never take temporary or permanent control of Judge Anderson.

PRE-COG FLASH 3
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Judge Anderson, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 3 or higher, you may do all of the following before the round ends:
• if Judge Anderson starts her turn within 3 spaces of an unrevealed Glyph, she may look at the facedown side of the Glyph and return it to its previously placement;
• if any Unique Judge within 10 spaces of Judge Anderson is targeted for an attack, that Unique Judge may use Psi-Flash 11 as if that special power were on its card; and
• may target a figure within range that she does not have clear sight of. The targeted figure does not need to have a visible target icon.

PSI-FLASH 11
If a Judge figure is in clear sight of Judge Anderson and is chosen as the target of an attack but before Attack Dice are rolled, you may roll a 20-sided die. For each other Judge in your Army you may add 1 to the roll, to a maximum of +5. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may immediately move that Judge 3 spaces in any direction. Judges do not take Leaving Engagement Attacks when moving using Pre-Cog Flash. Judge Anderson is considered in clear sight of herself for this power.
I chose +5 in the last power to account for Hershey, Dread, and either 3 Mega-Cities or 3 Brit Cits.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 16th, 2018, 04:35 PM

Still does not play well with Hershey due to the OM requirement.
Not loving the d20 rolls still. Her powers should not fluctuate depending on how many Judges are in play.
Old August 16th, 2018, 05:58 PM

Had to run.
I really like what you did with Psi-Judge and Mental Shield!
How about this?

JUDGE ANDERSON
Cassandra Anderson

Human
Unique Hero
Judge
Valiant
Medium 5

Life: 4

Move: 5
Range: 7
Attack: 4
Defense: 5

PSI-JUDGE
Criminals roll 1 fewer defense die against Judge Anderson's attacks. Judge Anderson has the class of Telepath in addition to Judge. An opponent can never take temporary or permanent control of Judge Anderson.

PRE-COG FLASH
Before taking a turn with Judge Anderson you may reveal an X Order Marker on this card and either look at the facedown side of a Glyph within 3 spaces of Judge Anderson and return it to its previous placement or she may target a figure within range that she does not have clear sight of. The targeted figure does not need to have a visible target icon.

PSI-FLASH 13
If Judge Anderson or a Judge figure is in clear sight of Judge Anderson is chosen as the target of an attack, before Attack Dice are rolled, you may roll a 20-sided die. If you roll an 13 or higher, you may immediately move that Judge 3 spaces. Judges do not take Leaving Engagement Attacks when moving using Psi-Flash 13.

Psi-Flash is really good in that incarnation, so it does need a high roll, maybe higher. Though I would prefer:

PSI-FLASH
If Judge Anderson or a Judge figure that is in clear sight of Judge Anderson is attacked by a non-adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to the result.

One is better vs. melee and the other range. Sort of torn there. I think the d20 version is probably better for the group overall.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 16th, 2018, 07:28 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Still does not play well with Hershey due to the OM requirement.
Not loving the d20 rolls still. Her powers should not fluctuate depending on how many Judges are in play.
I think this is not a bad thing though. Like Captain America, she requires that OM 1 (or X) to boost her team. I think we could do away with the roll then (Notice I made it a virtual certainty at 90% success rate) I also lowered the roll for the last power because you mentioned it in your previous comment. I guess I'm just feeling a bit frustrated because I feel you can't settle on a direction. When I posted this, I thought you were in favor, but now you are trying to replace one power and heavily change another. I am trying hard to work with your wishes here because no one knows this character better than you. Please, help me, help you.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old August 16th, 2018, 07:39 PM

You do not like what I posted? Pretty close to what you had.
I just tweaked it to an X reveal instead of a numbered OM.
Old August 16th, 2018, 07:45 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You do not like what I posted? Pretty close to what you had.
I just tweaked it to an X reveal instead of a numbered OM.
Honestly, that's not the issue. I'm just hesitant to say I like something right now, because I'm afraid you'll change your mind again. I liked what we had. I really liked how it worked. You said your issue was with the D20 rolls, I tried to tweak them. Personally, I don't feel anything is ever 100%, so I like them in general. I mean Spidey's Spider-sense works 99.9% of the time, but we only let it work 60% of the time. I guess what I'm saying is I tought it was tweakable, but you went in a whole other direction. I'm just frustrated. I'll step away for a bit. Let me collect myself. Then i'll look at your new approach with fresh eyes. Please make sure its what you really want though. Thanks!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old August 16th, 2018, 07:52 PM

I apologize for the shift. After re-posting Hershey I realized Anderson was not going to fit well with her and looking at the requirements to make Psi-Flash work for Dredd, that looked like it was not going to be useful at all.

I tried to keep your direction but made it a bit more reliable. I did increase the roll for Psi-Flash though because that is going to be really strong.
Old August 17th, 2018, 11:44 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How about the opposite...making the X the PSI FLASH power...

PSI-JUDGE

PRE-COG FLASH
Before taking a turn with Judge Anderson you may look at the facedown side of a Glyph within 3 spaces of Judge Anderson and return it to its previous placement or she may target a figure within range that she does not have clear sight of. The targeted figure does not need to have a visible target icon.

PSI-FLASH
If Judge Anderson or a Judge figure that is in clear sight of Judge Anderson is attacked by a non-adjacent figure, and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, you may ignore the attack and move a Judge you control 3 spaces. Figures moved with Psi-Flash will not take LEA.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy