Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old January 24th, 2012, 08:01 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Pokemon

I like HG/SS, because you can go to both Johto and Kanto. Plus, you can get just about every Pokemon made in-game!

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 24th, 2012, 08:10 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Trying to nab some DS's so my girlfriend and I can play Pokemon! But what's the best new ones? I heard story-wise it's best to start with D/P/P, but the new G/S remakes look really good, and B/W is obviously new. I was planning on just getting two copies of Platinum otherwise. Any reasons I shouldn't?
Platinum compared to D/P is not the same as Emerald compared to R/S. Emerald > R/S, however D/P > Platinum. Get 1 copy of Diamond and 1 copy of Pearl, they're the best games to play together IMO, and I miss Pearl more than any other game I got rid of. The underground is just a ton of fun, and the rest of the content is unique and marvelous.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 24th, 2012, 12:06 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Trying to nab some DS's so my girlfriend and I can play Pokemon! But what's the best new ones? I heard story-wise it's best to start with D/P/P, but the new G/S remakes look really good, and B/W is obviously new. I was planning on just getting two copies of Platinum otherwise. Any reasons I shouldn't?
Platinum compared to D/P is not the same as Emerald compared to R/S. Emerald > R/S, however D/P > Platinum. Get 1 copy of Diamond and 1 copy of Pearl, they're the best games to play together IMO, and I miss Pearl more than any other game I got rid of. The underground is just a ton of fun, and the rest of the content is unique and marvelous.
From my research, though, it seems that Platinum is almost exactly the same, but with new, better features. Can you tell me exactly why D/P is better? Crystal and Emerald were both better then the other games in that series, so my assumption would be Platinum is, too. (Yellow sucked, sticking you with a **** pikachu... )
Old January 24th, 2012, 05:01 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

First of all, having 1 Diamond and 1 Pearl really allows you to interact between the games like they were made to.

I personally found the whole Giratina thing with the other dimension in Platinum odd and less enjoyable than exploring the mazecave in D/P to find him. It changes the game, and I liked the ending to D/P better. Plus, you can't catch everything in Platinum, which is why having D and P works well.

Old January 24th, 2012, 07:02 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
I like HG/SS, because you can go to both Johto and Kanto. Plus, you can get just about every Pokemon made in-game!

This. Pearl(My Sinnoh game) is pretty good and has some cool features, just not as good as Heart Gold or White version. Underground is not worth it compared to the Battle Frontier, more areas, and OHMYGOSHILOVETHESAFARIZONEINTHOSEGAMES! From a pure content perspective, the only thing D/P have that HG/SS don't are the legendaries and the starters. Pretty much EVERYTHING ELSE IS DONE BETTER IN THE JOHTO REMAKES IMNSHO.
The ONLY thing D/P has that HG/SS doesn't is (I believe) those fossil Pokemon(Omanyte, Kabuto, etc.,).
Well, what about Platinum, you ask? My brother has it, and, from what I've seen of the various events in the game(specifically Spear Pillar), Platinum does them better.
Have you even played the Underground with multiple people, you ask? Yes, I have, and I hold to my prior statement that it simply isn't worth it. If you wanted to do something together, the Battle Frontier is much better. The D/P Battle Tower is, again, not worth it IMNSHO compared to its Platinum/Heart Gold/Soul Silver counterpart.
Bear in mind, I'm not bashing D/P. I had a lot of good times in that game, one of which was when I beat the elite 4 using my 52 Palkia, 53/54 Gallade, and 47 Infernape. I'm simply saying that HG is a better value. More content, more Pokemon, more features, more fun. Plus: Walking with your Pokemon. ANY Pokemon.

Which reminds me, I still need to check my Safari zone on HG to see if I can find certain Pokemon I was aiming for.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old January 24th, 2012, 07:16 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You can get fossil Pokemon in HG/SS; you just have to smash a lot of rocks at the Ruins of Alph.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 24th, 2012, 07:16 PM

I've never played any Jhoto game, so I wasn't going to defend that title. Black/White are tons of fun, but I just simply like Pearl the best, mostly because I've spent more time on it than any other Pokemon game, save Emerald (I got both on release day). I love so many things about Pearl, especially the night/day flowing. I really want that game back.

I'd really like to play a Jhoto game too, but the money just isn't permitting at this point.

Old January 24th, 2012, 08:14 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I've never played any Jhoto game, so I wasn't going to defend that title. Black/White are tons of fun, but I just simply like Pearl the best, mostly because I've spent more time on it than any other Pokemon game, save Emerald (I got both on release day). I love so many things about Pearl, especially the night/day flowing. I really want that game back.

I'd really like to play a Jhoto game too, but the money just isn't permitting at this point.

A shame. Heart Gold is really quite good. Story-wise, I think the only game I've enjoyed more is Emerald.

Black/White are also enjoyable, and have an entire cast of new Pokemon! Granted, some of which I don't particularly care about, but others(The Klink line for instance) have really grown on me.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old January 24th, 2012, 08:35 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

My fav Pokemon game so far is Crystal, and I really do want to play the remakes, but my gf and I have both played the originals, so we think we want to start off with something newer.

And 'Scape, I'm still confused about why D/P is better than Platinum. I doubt we'll ever catch every single Pokemon (I want to play HG/SS and B/W eventually, so I won't spend tons of time on D/P/P). And considering I don't know really anything about the games at all, I didn't understand the rest of your argument.

How's this for a better question: Will it really matter if we play D/P or Platinum?
Old January 24th, 2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
My fav Pokemon game so far is Crystal, and I really do want to play the remakes, but my gf and I have both played the originals, so we think we want to start off with something newer.

And 'Scape, I'm still confused about why D/P is better than Platinum. I doubt we'll ever catch every single Pokemon (I want to play HG/SS and B/W eventually, so I won't spend tons of time on D/P/P). And considering I don't know really anything about the games at all, I didn't understand the rest of your argument.

How's this for a better question: Will it really matter if we play D/P or Platinum?
My experience was with Pearl and Platinum, and I loved Pearl all the way from beginning to end, and Platinum was meh. Why not 1 Pearl and 1 Platinum? My point isn't that one is better than hte other really, but Pearl is a game I really didn't even think about whether or not it was good, I really enjoyed it. I think that's what you're looking or, so I recommend Pearl/Platinum.

Old January 24th, 2012, 11:34 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

I have Diamond, and it is my personal favorite pokemon game out of all of them (Excluding Red/Green/Crystal, don't have those). It was very thoroughly enjoyable.

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old January 25th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Getting back in to pokemon black in time for our annual play-pokemon-for-hours-on-end-fest-during-the-long-ride-to-our-band-festival. I have most of this party completed:

Lucario (196 Speed, 252 SpAtk, 62 Hp)
-Modest
-? item
-Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Psychic
-Stone edge

Volcarona (252 SpAtk, 252 HP, 6 Speed)
-Modest
-Choice Scarf
-Fiery Dance
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Hurricaine

Golurk (252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 SpDef or Def, IDK) (Iron Fist)
-Adamant
-Leftovers
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Shadow Punch or Stone edge

Gardivoir (Forget EVs, towards HP and SpAtk I think)
-Calm
-? Item
-Psychic
-Hypnosis
-Will-O-wisp
-Protect

-Kingdra (SpAtk and HP again)
-? item
-Modest
-Yawn
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Forget

-Roserade (Def, SpDef, HP)
-Timid
-Focus Sash
-Sleep Powder
-Toxic Spikes
-Leaf storm
-Sludge bomb

I've finished Lucario, Gardivoir, Kingrdra, and Volcarona. I am breeding Golurk and haven't started on Roselia. IMO, if I could change 1 thing, I'd have less SpAtkers in there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games