Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old March 23rd, 2015, 03:30 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Wouldn't the double spaced figure be stepping over the one hex lava river (assuming the lava is on a lower level) and not stop on it (and not roll for immolation) just like it steps over a one hex water tile (on a lower level) and does not stop in the water?
Double hex figures are not stepping over the water. They just do no have to stop. You still count it as stepping down into the water and then back up assuming the waters is banked. They are not hovering over it or jumping across it, unless they have a power that allows this.

And, yes, they do have to roll for molten lava.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 23rd, 2015, 03:42 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Ah, that's true...you do count spaces coming back up from a water space, so that's pretty clear that you are not stepping over it. I guess it's just that it seems inconsistent: you do not stop on a water space, but you essentially do stop on a lava space since you have to roll for molten lava.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 03:46 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

It is in the FAQ, link in my sig.

You aren't stopping because that isn't a legal place for a double space figure to stop, but you are rolling for the molten lava.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 23rd, 2015, 03:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

@Porkins But if you roll a 20 you keep going. So when you move (halfway) onto lava, either you need to be able to end your movement there (same level) or you need enough movement points left to be able to get to a place where you can end your movement.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 03:55 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Just re-read the FAQ.

I guess my issue is with theme: since a double spaced figure does not stop in water, and since the figure can physically straddle the one hex water space, it feels like it is not stepping into the water (or lava), but rather, stepping over it.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 04:54 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay... stupid question then. Do you only roll the d20 for the first space of the double spacer, or do you roll it for the trailing space as well?

~Aldin, aware of the fact no one is likely to ever actually be in this situation - though he can create some side cases where it would be possible

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 23rd, 2015, 05:06 PM

The FAQ (since I recently read it) says that you roll for the leading edge of the double spacer and that you do not roll for the trailing edge.

~Porkins, who has recently been enlightened.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 05:16 PM

Commander GD Woo who?

Hello!

So recently one of my friends and I were considering getting back into playing Heroscape online. However, back when we first played online we had some trouble differentiating some of the 3D images of figures. I vaguely remember seeing a whole bunch of 2D Hex-sized images of all the figures made using the card artwork.

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about/where I could find it? I've looked through the Gallery along with Filthy the Clown's online HS resources post but haven't come across it.

Thanks,
Commander GD

PS: Sorry if it's somewhere obvious that I just missed, it's been a while since I've been on the forums.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 06:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You should probably ask somebody who's been around a while in the Online Scape category like @Filthy the Clown @Kinseth @dok .
Old March 24th, 2015, 10:34 AM

Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker

I would rule that both parts of the base would have to be on the road to benefit from the +3 move. And as far as lava spaces go, I've always played that if your figure can not fit in a tile then it can't end it's movement there. So I don't think that a peanut based figure can step into a single hexed lava space that is one level lower than the surrounding terrain.

Sorry if this is a late answer superfrog.
Old March 24th, 2015, 11:12 AM
This is merely a joke.

I think I've got it all sorted out. Thanks anyway!
Old April 1st, 2015, 12:16 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ok, here goes. When we play scape out at my place my one kid brother likes to roll his dice one at a time. Problem is, if something comes up he don't like, he throws his remaining dice at it to flip it over. Me and my other brother hate this very much, and think he's a cheater. We say once the dice is settled you can't change the face by knocking it around with additional dice. He thinks we are freaking out, and its cool. I'm convinced its cheating, can I get some additional opinions or something official on this thing.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's