Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 17th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Tournament Armies Played

I finally have a contribution to this thread.

BAB 2023 12/9/23
Oakland, CA

Round 1 W
Granite Guardians x4, Warden 816, Marcu, Otonashi (Came down to my 1 life Warden taking out Isamu for the win! )

Round 2 W
Anubians x4, Khosumet, Black Wyrmlings x2, Isamu

Round 3 W
Dividers x3, Nagrubs x2, Su-Bak-Na, Wo-Sa-Ga

Round 4 W
Braxas, Minions x2, Atlaga

Final 4-0, 1st of 13

Valley War II: Bidding War 7/21/12
Modesto, CA

Microcorp x2
Anubian Wolves x3
Khosumet
Marcu
510/17

4-0 (rounds 1,3,4,5)

10th Foot x2
Roman Legionnaires x2
Marcus
Valguard
Me-Burq-Sa

1-0 (round 2)

Final 5-0, 1st place

All Dungeon all the Time tournament 4/14/12
Castro Valley, CA

Stingers x5
Q9
Braxas
Marcu
Isamu
720/21

3/2, 5th of 19

MOPs tournament 1/28/12
Castro Valley, CA

Warriors of Ashra x4
Acolarh
Nilfheim

2-1

Bay Area Brawl NHSD '11 10/15/11
Castro Valley, CA

Rounds 1, 4 & 5
Death Chasers x3, Warhulk, Pulverizer, Iron Golem
2-1
Round 2
Reavers x3, Zombies x3, DW9K
0-1
Round 3
Drones x7, Su-Bak-Na, Otonashi
1-0

On the day 3-2

Valley War I, 8/20/11
Modesto, CA

Minions x2
Stingers x4

3-2, 4th of 14

Attrition Tournament, 7/18/11
San Jose, CA

Round 1 w v viking lad
ABF x3, AE (40 points light)
Round 2 l v Serenity
Dividers x4, Krav (60 points light)
Round 3 w v Devon
Dividers x4, AE, Isamu (40 points light)
Round 4 w v Nico
4th x3, AE (40 points light)
Round 5 w v 1moreheroscaper
Stingers x4, Kaemon (full points)

4-1, 3rd of 18

Immortals Tournament, 1/29/11
San Jose, CA

Cyprien (I)
Sonya
Goblin Cutters x4
Repulsors x2
0-1

Kato (I)
Harqs x2
Yari x2
Raelin RotV
2-1

Bay Area Brawl NHSD, 10/16/10
San Jose, CA

Round 1 W vs RobotUnit197
Braxas, Dividers x5
Round 2 W vs RoninValentina
Q9, Raelin I, Stingers x3, Marcu
Round 3 L vs Menchi
Charos, Raelin I, Kelda, Reavers x2
Round 4 W vs Carnival Man
Q9, Raelin I, Stingers x3, Marcu
Round 5 W vs Grimfang
Grimnak, Nerak, Heavies x4, Otonashi

final record: 4-1, 2nd best record out of 20

Embrace the Suck, 4/24/10
San Jose, CA

Morsbane
Jotun
Charos

3-2, 7th of 20

Bay Area Brawl 10/17/09 NHSD 2009
San Jose, CA

Braxas
Atlaga
Minions x2
1-2

Stingers x4
Q10
Raelin I
Brave Arrow
2-1

Overall Tourney Record 32-16-0 - 66.6%

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; December 10th, 2023 at 12:59 PM.
Old October 18th, 2009, 10:29 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Updated post 271.

Tournaments: 5
Overall: 16-12
Win Rate: 57.1%

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 18th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Added yesterday.

Tree Town Open V- NHD 2009
3x Gladiatrons, 3x Blastatrons, Raelin (510 points, 6 round swiss, PD as 2nd criterion.)
Loss to two tongues, wins against Tiny Timmy, Land-based AE and more
Results 5-1 (2nd out of 61)

My point differential was really high. My one loss came down to one Axegrinder vs. one Blastatron, who died to lava damage. It was epic. I'll post a battle report soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 18th, 2009, 10:56 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Updated Page 1:

10/17/09 NHSD (535 pts)
Marro Hive, Raelin, Marro Stingers x2, Marro Dividers x3, Dumutef Guard
Win against hangred, DangerousGames, loss to ManTrainChooChoo
3-2
BATTLE REPORT

My total tournament record is now 52-23 for a 69.33% win rate. I've dropped below 70% - time to play to win again.

I finished 8th out of 34 - the top 3-2 player. Our final was 5x Mass vs. 5x Mass.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 18th, 2009, 10:57 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Just returned from Forest City Iowa where I placed 10th out of 61 at Tree Town.

I fielded Tor-Kul-Na, Stingers x3, nagrubs x1, Eldgrim and went 4-2.

Total tournaments: 2

Overall record: 8-3

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old October 18th, 2009, 01:02 PM

Yaish knows what's in an order marker Yaish knows what's in an order marker

10th Reg x 3
Romans x 2
MDG
Raelin (RotV)
Isami (filler)

515 pts (520 tourney)

I went 3-2, should have won more but was a bonehead in one match and lost that one deservedly.

It's a great army, with a lot of ways to get bonuses every round. It's a rare event that you'll be rolling with just your base attack, or using just your base defense. It's really a 505 point army but competitive above it's point level.
Old October 18th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I updated my post on page 2.
I went 5-1 at TTO V this weekend, losing in the championship game to ET86 and his redcoats (Congrats again my brethren!). I decided to go old school at the last second (literally).

Knights x 5 - 350
Gilbert - 455
MW - 505

I had to sit a knight or MW each game. I sat a MW against heavy melee armies and a knight against heavy range armies. I beat SPIDER POISON!

Oh..for Jexik et al
10th > 4th

My overall record is now 89-20-1.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old October 18th, 2009, 02:13 PM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Central Arakansas NHSD 2009 (550 pts)
Braxas - 210
Axe Grinders x3 - 420
Migol - 530
Isamu/Otanashi - 550
Win against RevDyer, loss to a teen in his church (who I helped beat me; I couldn't help it, he was really nice and happy to be there)

I went 3-1 and took third out of 16 (originally 18, we had someone drop out after round two). I picked my army out on the drive there.

I'll post a battle report this week.* Great times with some great guys. Congrats to LongHeroscaper for the win.

Last edited by Kaemon Awasome; August 9th, 2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Life happened and I have an unfinished battle report that I will probably never post... maybe next time.
Old October 18th, 2009, 02:45 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Update

I went 5-1 placing 4th at the TTO V! My first time going to a TTO even and I had a ton of fun.

Army:
3x Gladiatrons
2x Blastatrons
Realin
Me-burq-sa
Marcu

Battle Report

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 18th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Oh..for Jexik et al
10th > 4th
You're just bitter
Old October 18th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

510 in the 510 (January 2008)
This was a draft tournament. You can see what 16 units I brought here. I was proud of my first tournament going 1-4. Win against CRS Buddy, losses to Wind Lane, Satyr, and 1moreheroscaper.

Bay Area Brawl (NHSD 2008)
There were many little events going on and I got in a total of 6 games, going 3-3. You can read what I played and so forth here. Losses to 1moreheroscaper and HexEnductionHour. Wins against dnutt and John.

NorCal New Year-New Army (February 2009)
Not quite sure how well I did here, but I seem to recall going 3-2 for my first winning record. I brought Nilfheim, 4th x3, and Rats x2 (we switched armies after each game though) Win against Satyr, loss to Racer X.

SoCal Slaughter (NHSD 2009)
I played Mimring, Zetacron, Grimnak, Nerak, and Heavies x2 (520) at my first Socal tournament going 3-1 with some close matches, and some solid wins (for both sides too). A bye and loss to Oogie da Bruce.

SF Bay Area Draft (July 2010)
As this was a draft tourney my army changed every game, but I played the Greenscales in four games and I also made use of the Microcorp and Braxas. You can read more on what armies I played and how they played here. I went 3-2 for fourth place. Wins against fresno_bob's son, cmgames, and grimfang. Losses to Menchi and dnutt.

SoCal Slaughter (NHSD 2010)
I played 10th x3, AE, Marcus and Raelin (515) at my second Socal tournament going 5-0 for first place. Battle report here. Wins against CharosinCharge, Everyone Loves Raelin, Leotheanimal87,Counterstrike, and Gamerhusband.

SoCal Slaughter (NHSD 2011)
I played Microcorp x2, Warforged Soldiers x3 and Raelin (520) at my third Socal tournament going 2-2 for sixth place. Battle report here. Losses to CharosinCharge and Leotheanimal87 and wins against King Of The Marro and Oogie da Bruce.

Online HS Season VCheese 2 (2020)
First time playing using the online HS interface (excluding one practice session). Was one and done (0-1) for this single elimination tourney.I played Beorn Boltcutter, Bol, Mogrimm Forgehammer, Zetacron, Axegrinders of Burning Forgex4 losing to Bol, Isamu, Marcu Esenwein, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Nhah Scirh Cultistsx5 in a very close game that saw me with a full Beorn versus Isamu and single Cultist at the end. I should've gone all-in on the Axegrinders or used Zetacron more (the only ranged figure in the matchup) to force him to come to me and my slow dwarfs instead of the middle of the road strategy I adopted. Sir H's take is here.

Online HS Season 39 (2021)
Battle reports here, here, here, here, and here. Ended up 4-1.

Online HS Season 40 (2021)
Battle reports here, here, here and here. Ended up 2-2.

Online HS Season 41 (2021)
Battle reports here. The massed Tagawa Samurai Archers destroyed the knight builds here, but ranged squads were a problem for them. Ended 4-2, losing to the eventual 1st and 2nd place players.

Online HS Season 43 (~August 2021)
Win against heroscaper2010 and dok here, loss against vegie and shiftrex in this matchup.
Ended 2-2.

C3V Public Playtesting (September 2021)
Win agaist mtl1998, superfrog, kevindola, Knight of Scape, loss to vegie and dok (reports here, here, here, here, here, and here).
Ended 4-2 with a semifinals appearance.

Online HS Season 46 (Feb/March 2022)
Brought a Kozil, Sujoah, Wyvern+Spiders build to this multiformat event (Treasure Quest, Heat of Battle, Assassin's Creed, Control Points). Win against Vegie's Dad (Gladiators) HoB format on Raknar's Rift, Earthling CP format on Dance of the Dryads (Van Nessing, Wolves/WW Lord), and heroscape2010 (Q9, Rats) on Royal Gardens with Treasure quest format. Loss to Sir Heroscape (Romans/MBS/MDG/Mogrimm) with AC format on Platypus.
Playoff win against Dysole (Mirror but Estivara for Wyvern!) HoB format on Barrentop, playoff loss against sup3rfrog (Monks) CZ format on By A Thread.
Ended 4-2

Online HS Season 48 (June/July 2022)
Brought Scaling New Heights (Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Van Nessing, Zogross Hardscale, Greenscale Warriorsx3, Sahuagin Raider) for this Delta Rule of 9 event. Loss to quozl (Wyrmlings) on Ruined City and Dok (TKN/MW) on Aeon. Win against ryguy266 (Glad/Blast) on Slalom and Captain Stupendous (Cyprien/Shades) on Origin.
Ended 2-2.

ScapeCon II (July 2022)
Amazing event! 60% win rate on the week, and someday I'll write a more in depth summary from my notes.

C3V Public Playtesting (August 2022)
Loss against Dysole, BodaciousBlood, MegaSilver. Reports here, here, andhere.
Ended 0-3.

SoCal NHSD (November 2022)
Went 3-0 at this small event with Major Q10, Axegrinders x2, Migol, Marro Warriors. (450 points, only one A+ unit, Rule of 9). After I wrapped up the #1 spot, epic game against Leotheanimal87 where Migol killed the Frost Giant, who hit a 3/3 Dying Swipe to kill him and leave the game in a tie.

SoCal Monthly (February 2023 – Corona, CA)
450 points, 16 starting hex limit, no more than 9 of the same figure, and you can only have 1 A+ unit (Marro Warriors, Deathreavers, Raelin RotV, Q9) and I played GSW x3, Kalagrith, Marro Warriors, Eldgrim

Win against MrAlwaysWonder on Blackridge (Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa, Roman Legionaires x2, Iskra, Rechets of Bogdan, Otonashi), Kobe on Two Puddles (Atlaga, Nilfheim, Marro Warriors, GSW x2), Master Roshi on Blackridge (Marcus Decimus Gallus, Syvarris, Roman Legionaires x2, 10th Regiment x2)
Loss against DogginDays on Ashfall (TKN, Raelin, Nagrubs x3 Samuel Brown) and Dekk on Two Puddles (Ornak, Grimnak, NGS, Heavies x2)
Playoff win against DogginDays on Two Puddles for championship. Ended 4-2.

SoCal Monthly (July 2023 - Colton CA)
440 points VC Delta, 21 hex limit and I played GSWx3, Kalagrith, Elite Onyx Vipers

Wins against Keegan on Ticalla Sunrise (Raelin SotM, Atlaga, Saylind, Protectors x2) and TableTopBro on Healing Waters OEAO (Raelin RotV, Izumi, Tagawa, Kozuke, Tarn)
Losses to tfeek (Vipers x6, Venoc Warlord, Brave Arrow) on Healing Waters OEAO and DogginDays (Mellifera, Amberhive Protectors x4, Sujoah, Bol) on Jandar’s Highway

Playoff loss to tfeek on Ticalla Sunrise. Ended 2-3.

ScapeCon III (August 2023)
Had a blast in Indy at my return to ScapeCon! Won VC Monster Mash with a Varks/vulcanmechs build, and finished second in both 3-Headed Hydra with Earthling and Master Roshi, and in Lightweight Berserkers. 23-13 win rate on the week with 36 games.

Overall: nice palindrome of 74-47 for a 61% win rate as of ScapeCon 3 (minus ScapeCon 2, which had a similar WR).

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; August 21st, 2023 at 11:59 PM. Reason: More tournaments
Old October 18th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Oh..for Jexik et al
10th > 4th
You're just bitter
Maybe, but...
I beat Spider's Mass and lost to ET86's Redcoats, as did Clarissimus.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion