Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 6th, 2023, 12:03 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart
A bit rusty...

Howdy folks. I will be jumping in to my first tournament after quite a long time, and I am struggling a bit to come up with a suitable list for the event.

The Utah monthly for this month is Quad Pod 250. (https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=61776)

Essentially, each player builds 4x 250 point armies, and they will be drafted after pairing.

Armies can't have repeats on cards, and you are limited to 10 figures each.

I have been rolling around ideas, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it like I used to.

I would love to see some ideas shared for this interesting format.

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old August 6th, 2023, 10:01 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quad It Up

Generally, I like to create pods with synergy/anti synergy in them. So this will be things like having one pod having melee but another pod having Ashra or having a bonding squad and a mid tier bonder while the really great bonder is in another pod.

The big thing with Quad Pod is you don't want an obvious first pick among your pods, either something that stands head and shoulders above everything else or just hard counters all your pods.

~Dysole, who's happy to bounce ideas off of
Old August 6th, 2023, 10:16 PM

Re: A bit rusty...

Thanks for the info. I was thinking along similar lines. Mind some PM's here and there to get your feed back from?

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old August 7th, 2023, 01:46 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by onibaku06 View Post
Thanks for the info. I was thinking along similar lines. Mind some PM's here and there to get your feed back from?
Go ahead. I don't know how fast I'll respond since Scapecon is this week but I'll definitely be game for it.

~Dysole, always eager to discuss drafting stuff
Old August 10th, 2023, 04:04 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here is a great tierlist by Dysole, use pods built around common squads in the high tiers and you will be fine.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...61&postcount=4

But basically just limit the number of diffferent cards to put OMs on (1 or 2 max) and you'll be fine. Pod draft isn't much about army building, it's more about drafting the right pods, so you have to know how the pods machups vs each other even those from your opponnent.

Example of a quad pod in your tournament format:
- 3xPhantoms Knights, Siiv 250 points 10 figures
- Nilfheim 1xGreenscales Isamu 250 points 5 figures
- 2x10th Reg, Kravs 250 points 9 figures
- 2x Dwarves, Ulfrid Wornhangler 250 points 9 figures

Here I went for very strong pods but you can go with weaker pods with figures lower in the tiers because you can pick opponnent pods if you want to.
But if you're not familiar with all the figures I suggest you to build strong pods so yours will be used more. If you just want to have fun and use many figures, or if you feel confident playing figures you don't know, then you can play weaker pods.

Last edited by Foudzing; August 10th, 2023 at 08:03 AM.
Old August 10th, 2023, 08:20 PM

Ish

Those are solid pools. I just feel like it's very easy to open Dwarves and then swing back around to grab Nilf on the back end and you're gonna lose. I really don't like putting Nilf in a quad pod unless you're doing what vegie has done where it's like Nilf by himself and a bunch of other high tier high point heroes by themselves in the other pods.

~Dysole, updatingly
Old August 13th, 2023, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Here is a great tierlist by Dysole, use pods built around common squads in the high tiers and you will be fine.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...61&postcount=4

But basically just limit the number of diffferent cards to put OMs on (1 or 2 max) and you'll be fine. Pod draft isn't much about army building, it's more about drafting the right pods, so you have to know how the pods machups vs each other even those from your opponnent.

Example of a quad pod in your tournament format:
- 3xPhantoms Knights, Siiv 250 points 10 figures
- Nilfheim 1xGreenscales Isamu 250 points 5 figures
- 2x10th Reg, Kravs 250 points 9 figures
- 2x Dwarves, Ulfrid Wornhangler 250 points 9 figures

Here I went for very strong pods but you can go with weaker pods with figures lower in the tiers because you can pick opponnent pods if you want to.
But if you're not familiar with all the figures I suggest you to build strong pods so yours will be used more. If you just want to have fun and use many figures, or if you feel confident playing figures you don't know, then you can play weaker pods.
Awesome. I appreciate the link and examples. Besides being rusty in general, I have no experience with SoV or C3V units. I'm also digging around all those as well.

-Unknown
Old August 13th, 2023, 03:25 AM

Re: Ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Those are solid pools. I just feel like it's very easy to open Dwarves and then swing back around to grab Nilf on the back end and you're gonna lose. I really don't like putting Nilf in a quad pod unless you're doing what vegie has done where it's like Nilf by himself and a bunch of other high tier high point heroes by themselves in the other pods.

~Dysole, updatingly
One of the cool things I like about the drafting for this format is that each player (A & B) don't alternate in the draft. Its A, B, B, then A again.

Do you think that helps even the odds in regards to picking pods?

-Unknown
Old August 17th, 2023, 11:24 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Don't post that often and i've never been to any official Scape tournies, but I'm no slouch when it comes to playing the game. Here's a few suggestions:

Agent Skahen - 120
Nakita Agents - 120
Otonashi - 10 (Or Isamu - 10)

Keep the nakita agents next to Skahen and start blasting away, hopefully on height. Otonashi can buy your team a turn or 2 or Isamu can clog the drain so to speak.

Kaimon Awa - 120
Tagawa Archers x 2 - 130

Sir Hawthrone - 90
KoW x 2 - 140
Isamu - 10
Otonashi - 10
(Or Marcu Esenwein instead - 20)

Goblin Cutters x 3 - 150
Krav Maga - 100

Cyprien Esenwein - 150
Marro Warriors - 50
Sonya - 45 (Or Iskra - 50)

Axegrinders x 2 - 140
Migol - 110

Syvarris - 100
Stingers x 2 - 120
Guilty Mcreech - 30

Hope these help. Didn't read the entire thread, and I only use classic scape.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old August 18th, 2023, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Don't post that often and i've never been to any official Scape tournies, but I'm no slouch when it comes to playing the game. Here's a few suggestions:

Agent Skahen - 120
Nakita Agents - 120
Otonashi - 10 (Or Isamu - 10)

Keep the nakita agents next to Skahen and start blasting away, hopefully on height. Otonashi can buy your team a turn or 2 or Isamu can clog the drain so to speak.

Kaimon Awa - 120
Tagawa Archers x 2 - 130

Sir Hawthrone - 90
KoW x 2 - 140
Isamu - 10
Otonashi - 10
(Or Marcu Esenwein instead - 20)

Goblin Cutters x 3 - 150
Krav Maga - 100

Cyprien Esenwein - 150
Marro Warriors - 50
Sonya - 45 (Or Iskra - 50)

Axegrinders x 2 - 140
Migol - 110

Syvarris - 100
Stingers x 2 - 120
Guilty Mcreech - 30

Hope these help. Didn't read the entire thread, and I only use classic scape.
A few of those seem really solid. It's a 10 figure limit, so a few wouldn't work out, sadly.

Thanks for the lists. I appreciate it.

-Unknown
Old August 28th, 2023, 08:03 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

onibaku06

The C3V and SOV (now know collectively as VC) specifically fill in gaps in unit production left by the official game. So I have all of their cards printed out and our group uses them regularly in our games. We're talking all together now over 400 cards. You'll have a great time realizing how so many of them fit in with the previously published Official units! And you can use proxy figures for them if you don't have all of the recommended ones.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion