Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old March 20th, 2009, 08:55 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
Life (the game) and Homosexuality

I've looked around the internet to find an explanation to why someone would have spray painted a nasty message about Hasbro just recently. I drive this route many times through the week and, today, I see "F--- You Hasbro F---s" spray painted on a very large column. I can't figure out why this has been done, has Hasbro upset a local scaper? If so, that scaper needs to scrub that paint off with their fingernails.

The real reason I posted this is to find out if Hasbro has announced anything upsetting that I can't seem to find.
Old March 20th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hasbro upsetting people?

I think its do to a game they made. It advertised to young kids, and you kinda live life....really fast. You grow up and everything. Then when you go to get married you can choose strait or gay. Then if you go strait you can have kids. I dont know what ahppens the other way.

All I know is it was made for young kids, and I heard it was graphical.(but I dont know I havent seen it.)

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old March 20th, 2009, 09:42 PM

JANDAR88 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
I think its do to a game they made. It advertised to young kids, and you kinda live life....really fast. You grow up and everything. Then when you go to get married you can choose strait or gay. Then if you go strait you can have kids. I dont know what ahppens the other way.

All I know is it was made for young kids, and I heard it was graphical.(but I dont know I havent seen it.)
Ouch, I can see why someone would get upset about that.

BLACKMOON'S SIEGE
Heroscape Wave 9 / Coming in July of 2009
(Everyone do this)
Old March 20th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

What?

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old March 20th, 2009, 10:02 PM

JANDAR88 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Quote:

What?
Yeah, what does he mean by graphical? If it's the kind he seems to imply, I could see lawsuits...

BLACKMOON'S SIEGE
Heroscape Wave 9 / Coming in July of 2009
(Everyone do this)
Old March 20th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

What game is this??

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old March 20th, 2009, 10:41 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

More likely it was completely random.

-insert signature here-
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:33 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

There was a bruhaha recently over the fact that you can (apparently) select same-sex marriage in the PC adaptation of the Game of Life. You know, the one where you roll the dice and move around the board doing, well, more dice rolling. Graphical? I seriously, seriously doubt that. To be fair, Life has always allowed you to select same-sex marriages, because there wasn't a rule against putting two blue pegs in your car.
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:52 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Gasp! My kid might learn that gay people love each other! Quick, to the moral panic mobile!

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old March 21st, 2009, 12:28 AM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Gasp! My kid might learn that gay people love each other! Quick, to the moral panic mobile!
Quick! Angry mob time! I've got the torches, who's got the pitchforks?

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old March 21st, 2009, 12:43 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

It doesn't matter what your stance on this issue is, but it's obvious that putting this option in a game marketed for 6 year olds is going to have a darn lot of unneeded controversy.

Seriously, it's really pathetic when arguments and all of this stuff happens around the Game of Life. THE GAME OF LIFE!!!! We've all played it, it's been around forever. Why does it have to be controversial now!

(My above opinion is about unneeded controversy, not my views on homosexuality. Someone is bound to misinterpret me, so here's my disclaimer. )
Old March 21st, 2009, 12:48 AM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

The only problem I see is the polygimists, the people who are "un-married", the people who chose a single life, and the clergy are going to want adjustments to the game to fit their lifestyles.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General