Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old January 6th, 2008, 10:43 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Iowa Caucus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
So, it's over. What do you guys think?

Huckabee and Obama won by the way.
No more political commercials, mailings. We can go back to seeing seed corn and rootworm commercials on TV again .

You cannot image the amount of TV ads that bombard us over the past year. The last month up to Caucus day is really unbelievable as that all that is in the media “ political ads and commercials – you can’t hardly get a weather report or any kind of news other than the candidates.

Life is back to normal - other than 30,000 rental cars that got turned back into the DSM airport ( My guess is they have room for something less than 100 cars )

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old January 6th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
OK, IMax, (can I call you IMax?) I just lost a lot of respect for you. Unless you're drunk or something similar. In which case I lost respect for you in a whole different way. I actually agreed with your point, but you got unnecessarily rude to jaques, who also made a valid point. I am usually all for good grammar, but that level of rudeness is, in my eyes, much worse than the worst 1337 5p33k.
Old January 6th, 2008, 04:07 PM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
Quote:

No more political commercials, mailings. We can go back to seeing seed corn and rootworm commercials on TV again .

You cannot image the amount of TV ads that bombard us over the past year. The last month up to Caucus day is really unbelievable as that all that is in the media “ political ads and commercials – you can’t hardly get a weather report or any kind of news other than the candidates.

Life is back to normal - other than 30,000 rental cars that got turned back into the DSM airport ( My guess is they have room for something less than 100 cars )
Aren't there still going to be about a billion more adds until election day? They still have 49 other primaries to go, and whoever wins those are still going to be spending tons of money on pre-election commercials.

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Old January 6th, 2008, 06:05 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Fooflesnort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman
Quote:

Aren't there still going to be about a billion more adds until election day? They still have 49 other primaries to go, and whoever wins those are still going to be spending tons of money on pre-election commercials.
That is somewhat true .... however the percentage of commercials we will stil see is insignificant from what we where just bomarded with. They bought up almost all the local ad space/time.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old January 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Remember, kids, always cross at the crosswalk. I spit my gum in the street everywhere else.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old January 6th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You all know my feelings about "hot topic threads". If you can't keep from personally attacking each other, then we will not have "hot topic threads".

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 6th, 2008, 09:38 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
You all know my feelings about "hot topic threads". If you can't keep from personally attacking each other, then we will not have "hot topic threads".
But you can take an additional 50% off all clearance items at Hot Topic right now!!

I just read on cnn.com that Obama has a projected double digit lead in New Hampshire.

Old January 6th, 2008, 09:39 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire9788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
I second that emotion.
Ditto
Havent seen you in ages! You must be waiting along time for you party, since you need 400 more posts. And the tavern died

My Signature
Old January 6th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
OK, point taken. And in all fairness to 'hot topic' threads, no part of this dust-up had anything to do with the topic at hand. It was me telling a lazy kid to write better, and Jacques correcting my usage of an obscure English word. Oh, and then Fuzzie being disappointed that I'm not a Care Bear.

So I apologize for getting angry, and I apologize for taking the thread this far off topic. I'll go back and wipe out that last post. It's probably wasted anyway.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old January 6th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Quote:
OK, point taken. And in all fairness to 'hot topic' threads, no part of this dust-up had anything to do with the topic at hand. It was me telling a lazy kid to write better, and Jacques correcting my usage of an obscure English word. Oh, and then Fuzzie being disappointed that I'm not a Care Bear.

So I apologize for getting angry, and I apologize for taking the thread this far off topic. I'll go back and wipe out that last post. It's probably wasted anyway.
I wasn't directing anything at anybody. Face it, if this was a thread about favorite ice cream flavors, you would not care at all if some bozo misspelled his contribution, because ice cream (or some other trivial topic) is just not that important and does not require one to be informed and articulate to interject an opinion. But if it is a hot topic, and some ding dong throws a half baked and barely understood turd of a post into the mix... Well, it's likely to cause problems.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 6th, 2008, 11:58 PM

jaques has disabled reputation
Quote:
I wasn't directing anything at anybody. Face it, if this was a thread about favorite ice cream flavors, you would not care at all if some bozo misspelled his contribution, because ice cream (or some other trivial topic) is just not that important and does not require one to be informed and articulate to interject an opinion. But if it is a hot topic, and some ding dong throws a half baked and barely understood turd of a post into the mix... Well, it's likely to cause problems.
Thanks for trying to keep us all on an even keel, Grungebob. As always, you make excellent points about the incindiary nature of hot topics, and I hope everyone will pay enough attention to keep this one from getting out of hand. On the other hand, I do have to say ...

Mmmm ... ding dongs.

I imagine that if there's one thing we can all agree on, it would be that in their heyday, Ding-Dongs were one of the most fabulous snack-foods ever invented.

I suppose the younger posters out there might disagree and say that today's dry, non-foil-wrapped Ding-Dongs are still among the most fabulous snack-foods ever invented. But they'd be wrong.
Old January 7th, 2008, 01:09 AM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire9788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
I second that emotion.
Ditto
Havent seen you in ages! You must be waiting along time for you party, since you need 400 more posts. And the tavern died
He's back?
I remember him.
We fought in the tavern on my second day here.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General