Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 3rd, 2008, 08:45 PM

Doustin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
HELP: Finding Figures for Characters

Im sure many custom makers have the same problems I do, having an idea for a custom but no clue of what figure to use. I know theres lots of sites out there with hundreds of figures but looking through them all to find one that looks right can be very tedious. I was thinking we could post here what kind of figure we're looking for and maybe someone reading will see it and think "hey I know the perfect figure for that".

For example, one that Im looking for is a figure that looks like Altair from Assassins Creed. Ive looked through many assassin figures and figures from that time and have found some quite close but usually with a cape that kind of ruins the similarity. So if someone reads this and knows of a figure that fits the description they can post and say "look for this figure from this company".

If this has been tried and failed or doesnt sound like a useful idea thats fine. I just thought Id see how it goes.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
It would help if you provided a pic of the person you want it to look like so folks like me who do not know who Assasin Creed is or what they look like....Is he Apollo Creed's brother?
Old January 3rd, 2008, 08:58 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
It sounds like a great idea, but hard to do.

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:13 PM
has been BANNED

Ok I went to look up who he is...

Modding him from another fig would not be difficult because of his "robes"...It is fairly easy to roll out a piece of "green stuff" to mod it over another fig.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Ok I went to look up who he is...

Modding him from another fig would not be difficult because of his "robes"...It is fairly easy to roll out a piece of "green stuff" to mod it over another fig.
Ok somehow with that picture he looks a lot more like one of the almost perfect figs I mentioned. Maybe Ill go ahead and pick one up unless I see a better one in the mean time.

So does anyone else have a use for this? Feel free to post any type of figs youre looking for but cant find the right one.

I do have some others since Altair may be unneeded now. I want to make the characters from Lost but I cant seem to find modern figures that arent dressed for some kind of battle. A small handgun is fine, helmets and machine guns are a bit much.

Ill even include pictures this time of the ones Im looking for most
Jack

Sawyer

Jin

Kate

Locke

Charlie

Desmond

Ben

I know these may be a bit trickier but Im hoping somewhere there are some figures that just scream Lost.

Oh I almost forgot. Anyone know where I can find a scale 747? Preferably for cheap as I plan on slicing it up

Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
has been BANNED

You will never find one....a 1:48 scale 747 would be 58 inches long and 51 inches wide (wingspan)

...if my math is correct...
Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:03 PM

Fatespuppet has disabled reputation
Why not build one out of a 3 liter bottle or large metal coffee can.

This is not the path I thought.
This is not the place I sought.
This is not the dream I bought,
just a fever of fate I've caught.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:42 PM

Well 58 inches is almost 5 feet, sounds a bit large to me though Ive never seen a real one or anything so I have no idea how big they are. I was expecting it would be no more than 2 feet long, maybe I was wrong. And yeah building my own may end up being my best choice.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:51 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doustin
Well 58 inches is almost 5 feet, sounds a bit large to me though Ive never seen a real one or anything so I have no idea how big they are. I was expecting it would be no more than 2 feet long, maybe I was wrong. And yeah building my own may end up being my best choice.

A 747 is....
Nose to tail--- 231 ft 10 inches
Wingspan--- 211 ft 5 inches

You may be able to find a smaller planes model that is the right scale that you can make look like a 747..well at least broken up parts of it
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
shredded metal with some paint and some key parts ( like wheels or the tail section of a similiar plane) would go a long way.

a crash site hardly ever looks like the plane it started out as.

And if your thinking of recreating the rubble from the first season it was only about 30 feet of the forward section just before the wings I think.

How bout slicing up a 2 liter bottle, lots of crunched up thick aluminum foil, and some white paint?
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:15 PM

Yeah just sections of it would be a lot smaller, if I remember right Id just need the front, tail, and a chunk or two from the middle. So anyone have any thoughts on the figures?

Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:18 PM
has been BANNED

Here is a pic of one in 1/25 scale that was scratchbuilt..

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards