Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old September 1st, 2007, 09:03 AM

Wildeyed_buckcat is surprisingly tart
Lima, OH tourney - Sept. 15

Hello all,
Talked to my local comic book shop proprietor about possibly having a tournament at his store. He said it would be o.k. with him. Unfortunately the only dates he had open were the 15th and sometime in late Oct (apparently the weekend after the 15th starts a five week long Heroclix tournament and I think he said there was an "evil tapping game" (a friend's term) tournament some time in there as well). As the month of October and early November are basically booked already for me, I was wondering if any one would be interested in driving to the thriving metropolis of Lima, OH (not your ordinary bean town!) for a tourney that weekend.

There will be limited space available. I saw the room and we could probably get in 8 boards if we squeezed (obviously less would be more comfortable). That was my estimation at least, if some interest is shown I will probably call and ask if there is an official space limit.

Update:
OK, enough interest has been shown, for my taste at least. I will call and/or stop by the store tomorrow. I would say plan on 10 am set up and 11 am as the official kick off. I do have a small favor to ask. I only have three mastersets, so to have more then 3 maps someone would have to show up between 10 and 11 with their pieces. The maps that I am thinking on assembling with my sets are:
I was planning on 500 point armies. I was also thinking about allowing one Marvel character per army in honor of playing in a comic shop (if you have any thoughts, positive or negative on this idea, let me know). If we have enough people I was thinking of doing bring your own prize (just realize you may not get it back). Again, if we have enough people I was thinking of doing a swiss format. Or we may just play for the heck of it.

115 N. Elizabeth St.
Lima, OH 45801
Phone: 888.330.6198

Directions
Just a couple of notes about the area around the store: 1.) Elizabeth is a one way street going north. The street to the south of the store is Market. If you come in from I-75, get to Market, follow it through the town square and the next right turn will be Elizabeth. 2.) The next street to the north of the store is High street. It is a one way going East (back towards I-75). 3.) There is free parallel parking on Elizabeth. There is also a parking garage across the street (the entrance is on Market before you get to Elizabeth) (they do charge $1 an hour during the week, not sure about weekends). The entrance is on Market before you get to Elizabeth.

Update # 2
He says that we can probably do around 20 total. He also said that he was going to go ahead and put the event in their newsletter which will get sent out next week and knows of at least one person who plays heroscape, so there may be a few who show up who are not listed here. Therefore, I would like to limit the headcount of registered users to around 16 (just in case). Please either post here or PM to let me know that you are planning on coming. Thanks.

Those attending:
ManTrainChooChoo
MattsterTruckRally
weesel99
jacob_j_p
massivenewbadge
Draconious

Any questions or comments, things I am forgetting, let me know (this would be my first hosted tournament).
Old September 2nd, 2007, 06:21 PM

massivenewbage has disabled reputation
I would be interested in playing some scape. Even if it isn't the biggest or most organized tourney. Count me in if you can wrangle enough people to play.

mmmmm victory burrito.... know why its good phil? cause your dead!
Old September 2nd, 2007, 09:57 PM

yanks114kd is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I may be able to make it depends on start time.

14MS-15RTTFF-6VW-5TT-6-FOTA-6SOTM-3TJ
1-MARVEL-3-D&D
Old September 3rd, 2007, 01:26 AM
Gen Con Main Event Champion - 2015

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker
I'm going to talk to everyone around me to see if they're interested. If so there would be 4 of us (possibly 5) from the Columbus area.
Old September 5th, 2007, 06:05 PM

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker
Well, ManTrainChooChoo, MattsterTruckRally and myself will be there. I will also find out if jacob_j_p is going to go. So you'll have the GenCon champ and his lackey's there. I like the idea of 1 Marvelscape character per army. I think that'd be a great addition and allow for a variety of different armies.

**edit*** jacob_j_p will also be coming with us.
Old September 6th, 2007, 01:04 PM

Lima, OH tourney - Sept. 15

I have updated the first post with directions.

Weesel99, I know that is a "long drive" for y'all, but I still have to ask, should we have a few more people sign up, could you possibly come up early to help with setup (as well as bringing a few sets along)?
Old September 6th, 2007, 07:17 PM

yeah, that's not a problem we have over 14 MS's and 2 SOTM. If you let me know what maps to bring we'll have them already seperated out and ready to be built.
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:09 PM

yanks114kd is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I don't think I can make it. what a shame it is right down the road.

14MS-15RTTFF-6VW-5TT-6-FOTA-6SOTM-3TJ
1-MARVEL-3-D&D
Old September 7th, 2007, 01:03 PM

weesel99 - Hmm, if you have SOTM, gotta have at least one map from that. I am kind-of leaning towards Montiqua Ledge.
Also thinking about
Old September 7th, 2007, 04:56 PM

royaldoy has disabled reputation
Where is Lima? Other than Ohio of course for any smart asses out there.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old September 7th, 2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldoy
Where is Lima? Other than Ohio of course for any smart **** out there.
West side. About half way between Toledo and Dayton.
Old September 8th, 2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildeyed_buckcat
West side. About half way between Toledo and Dayton.
Now you could have just said the sticks. Nah, Lima's not too bad, plus I can get some Ralphie's while I'm there since they don't have those down in Columbus.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events