Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 28th, 2017, 11:55 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
You only need the base rulebook for less than $20, plus minis from wherever, even Heroscape. Terrain can be anything and can be homemade. I've been working on my stuff for months and have sold some things and also buying a little at a time. Plus, I'll be 50 on June 18th, so I'm doing okay job wise, though kids eat up some money and my 25 year old is getting married in September, so it's a balancing act for sure.
Your a whole month younger than me. Pup

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 29th, 2017, 12:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
You only need the base rulebook for less than $20, plus minis from wherever, even Heroscape. Terrain can be anything and can be homemade. I've been working on my stuff for months and have sold some things and also buying a little at a time. Plus, I'll be 50 on June 18th, so I'm doing okay job wise, though kids eat up some money and my 25 year old is getting married in September, so it's a balancing act for sure.
Your a whole month younger than me. Pup
I didn't picture you as an old guy Keglo. Who knew?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 29th, 2017, 01:09 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I didn't picture you as an old guy Keglo. Who knew?
Yeah, I'm still having a hard time believig it too.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 29th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

It seems like it's Christmas every other week at my buddy Chris's house.

He just got this package from the Bones 3 Kickstarter.

I'm heading up to his house at 11:30 before we head to Chicago for The Walking Dead minis game we're meeting some others for. I told him I may get there a little early to check out some of the new goodies he's gotten.

Old May 29th, 2017, 10:10 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Wow. Jealous. Very much. I dont need anymore minis but reaper bones has some great models. They are so useful for other mini games too.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 29th, 2017, 10:15 AM

Holy crap! That is one impressive dragon! And that worm!

And that terrain is pretty sweet too. Is it something that they will sell, or is it kickstarter exclusives?

Old May 29th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

I'm not sure. I'll ask Chris to see if any of his stuff were exclusives. Though when we were at Adepticon, they had a ton of stuff in the Reaper section of the dealer hall. Some big models too. I would hope that the kickstarter gives people a good discount and why they would get in on big lots like that. Don't see why Reaper wouldn't want to make more money by selling them retail.

Old May 29th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Anxious to hear about the WD game. I have been tempted to buy it for the minis alone for possible future C3G use but if the game stands on its own I may have to commit.
Old May 29th, 2017, 08:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Wow. Jealous. Very much. I dont need anymore minis but reaper bones has some great models. They are so useful for other mini games too.
Quote:

And that terrain is pretty sweet too. Is it something that they will sell, or is it kickstarter exclusives?
Chris didn't think they were exclusives. Though, he figured that dragon might go for $100, who knows? The box that the dragon parts are in is about as big or bigger (wider) than the base game of Heroscape. It's huge! The Worm is pretty darn big too, maybe 5 or 6 inches. He also had a bunch of terrain pieces, as well as a boatload of other random minis.

He's nuts man. He had some Malifaux figures primed, some more just assembled, some Frostgrave stuff painted recently, and other stuff in various stages of painting laying about. He also had Dark Souls unopened yet. I think he needs an intervention

Old May 29th, 2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

Chris didn't think they were exclusives. Though, he figured that dragon might go for $100, who knows? The box that the dragon parts are in is about as big or bigger (wider) than the base game of Heroscape. It's huge! The Worm is pretty darn big too, maybe 5 or 6 inches. He also had a bunch of terrain pieces, as well as a boatload of other random minis.

He's nuts man. He had some Malifaux figures primed, some more just assembled, some Frostgrave stuff painted recently, and other stuff in various stages of painting laying about. He also had Dark Souls unopened yet. I think he needs an intervention
Yeah, I figured that the large figures would be way out of my reach but I was mostly interested in the terrain pieces. It sounds like you have yourself a fun friend there.

I did end up going to Hobby Lobby today and got myself a pack of those barrels. I nearly had to leave without them because I couldn't find them. I made one last pass through the same aisle that I had been looking in and finally spotted them. They were in a much smaller package than I was expecting. They are nice though. I'll be going back for more. They also had a pack of three, much bigger barrels, for the same price. The bigger barrels are roughly the height of a regular Heroscape figure. I'll likely have to get some of those too.

I also checked out that fairy section. There was some cool stuff in there that would make some nice terrain. But it is a little pricy for me. I'll be watching for sales.

Old May 29th, 2017, 08:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Anxious to hear about the WD game. I have been tempted to buy it for the minis alone for possible future C3G use but if the game stands on its own I may have to commit.
We enjoyed the game a lot. It was 4 of us, 2 on each side. We each got 2 characters and the total between characters and equipment was 150 points per side. The guy running it made generic character cards with the stats/abilities of the actual ones, because he didn't have time to paint the character minis yet, so he didn't want us to use the actual cards without the minis to represent them. Kind of weird but whatever. The minis we used were some random dudes. The zombies were from the game, I think he painted 33 of them in the past couple weeks. I think he said he got a base game and a solo version of the game, so that's how he had 2 sets of rulers, dice and radius templates.

I believe the base game comes with a 2x2 foldout paper mat, but the game is supposed to play on 3x3. My friend Chris brought a 4x6 urban neoprene mat, though we only played on 4x4 of it.

The 2 guys running the game had placed starting zombies here and there, and also marked where there would be 9 strategic tokens for scenario purposes. They didn't actually place the tokens, but rather noted in a notebook where each was, be it a vehicle or building. So when you use a search action, normally you would draw from an equipment or something else deck, where you could find a weapon, or first aid or any number of items, but there can also be traps or hidden zombies. Well, if you search something that has a strategic token, then you get that too. Basically each token is worth 2 points at the end of the game, and each surviving character was worth 1 point each. This is a scenario online I guess, so I'm not sure if it's an official one or fan made.

There is a threat dial that goes up for things like melee, mayhem (shooting guns or whatever), events and other things. Characters have threat levels, and all of them except one of mine were medium, where my one was high. When the threat level gets to your level, before you take a turn with that character, you roll a special die to see how that character acts, because normally you get 2 actions, but the die will make you likely lose one of those actions and force you to do something else. During the game, there is an action that a character can try, called gain nerve, you roll a special die and if it comes up as a shield (50% I believe), you reduce the threat dial by one space, as there are several spaces within each threat level. So there are ways to mitigate that but you still have to try to do other things too. Also, there was one event we had where a car alarm was going off, and attracting some zombies within 10 inches, but it also raised the threat dial one space each round unless a character moved to the card to use an action to turn off the alarm.

Melee with zombies is basically done at the end of the round, so if you move into base to base with a zombie, you don't use an action to fight, it will happen automatically later in the round. Or if you run instead of sneak, if there is a zombie within 10 inches of you, it will shamble 6 inches toward you. Also, if you end your move within the radius of the template, it will move into base contact with you. If you win a combat, you will knock the zombie 1 inch away and knock it down, where later it has a chance to stand back up. There is a chance if you lose a combat with a zombie that you will get bit and take a wound every round (characters had 4 or 5 health). If you move into base contact with a downed zombie, when it comes to melee phase, you roll and if you score any hits, it's dead. Also, there are headshot symbols on dice that will kill a zombie.

A little over halfway through the game, one of the other players took a shot at one of my characters with his rifle with a scope. It was a surprise that he did that, but his guy was on a roof and covering a street, waiting for the opportunity. He rolled crazy good and had 2 headshot symbols and other regular hits, to my 3 defense hits. Anyway, he basically one-shotted one of my characters and he was out of the game. Had he chosen my other character, he would have lived because he had a motorcycle helmet on and ignored a headshot during a single attack.

The two guys that were running the game wanted us to help basically give them practice teaching the game, as next weekend they are going up to Oshkosh, Wisconsin to a convention ran by this guy named Uncle Adam, who has a miniatures Youtube channel and was doing interviews at Adepticon etc.

Here's some pictures, though I'm not sure of the exact order from the game.

The blonde buy is one of my guys

My dead character next to the police car, that got shot in the head by an opponent's sniper.

Old May 30th, 2017, 07:36 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Are the buildings and other terrain from the game or something else?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures