Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 21st, 2010, 09:40 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Star Wars HS Dream is over.

"Red Foxx, standing by!"
"Helen Reddy, standing by!"
"Red October, standing by!"
--Family Guy Star Wars parody

The number of different Star Wars figure franchises has become ridiculous, especially since most are noncompatible. Besides the standard minis we are discussing, I have a complete collection of solid 54mm figures (recognizable quickly by their having bases under the figures), which most people don't even know exists! In the case of these collectable minis, let's hope the same sculptors come on board with any new expansion...
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:56 AM

Rathmaker is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Here is the new SW action figure battle game from the 2010 Toy Fair. I will be interested in seeing the rules for this thing.

Looking at that web site with this on it makes me wonder if this is the newer form of SW figures that you find in a toy department. The use of the Clone Wars, Saga Legends, and Battle Pack terms are the exact terms used for different figure collections.

I am wondering if they are just going to add battle cards and bases to the figure packaging. *shrug*
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:04 AM

Armydillo978 is surprisingly tart

I would think that will be seperate from SWM....more of an gateway game to younger kids into viewing their figures as game pieces and to encourage them to buy more game figures. It's not always cool to have toys, but it's cool to have "game figures".

Bill
----------------
What would Zim do?

What would Rasczak say?
Old February 26th, 2010, 05:12 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathmaker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Here is the new SW action figure battle game from the 2010 Toy Fair. I will be interested in seeing the rules for this thing.

Looking at that web site with this on it makes me wonder if this is the newer form of SW figures that you find in a toy department. The use of the Clone Wars, Saga Legends, and Battle Pack terms are the exact terms used for different figure collections.

I am wondering if they are just going to add battle cards and bases to the figure packaging. *shrug*
My understanding is that is excactly what this thing is.
Old March 20th, 2010, 09:44 PM

kboleen is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kboleen View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if Lucas shopped the Mini's around. They seem to be successful. WoTC isn't giving up on mini's as they have a new series coming out. It seems to me they just didn't want to pay Lucas the royalties any more; which is just a business move. I could see Privateer Press of Fantasy Flight Games pick the SW mini's up.
Perhaps an important distinction here is license vs mini molds. I have no idea what the reality is, but I bet WotC owns the molds, so another company licensing SW would likely be starting with just that - the license to create the minis. Making the molds to do so would be an investment the new licensee would have to make.
I agree that I don't know the reality, but I don't think WotC owns the molds for the minis. Lucas is just to controlling for that. Case in point: Marvel published over 100 issues of their Star Wars comic in the 70's and 80's plus a daily newspaper strip only to see Dark Horse reprint them in the 90's. Having said that, I think it would be detrimental for a new company to just rehash old molds. Look at the flack Wiz Kids went through when they released Mage Knight Dungeons Pyramids which rehashed a lot of older figures.

"Be of good courage..."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News