Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old May 13th, 2021, 02:09 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Western NY - Master Cartographers

Fellow scapers, here is the next event we are holding in NY!

What: Heroscape! No premade maps this time - I'm going to lay map materials out at the tables and players will work in teams to build maps, in freeform & short term brainstorm madness.

Where: Casual Dragon Games - 136 Walnut st, Lockport NY. As usual, we will be in the room toward the back corner of the building with the Magic: The Gathering posters plastered all over the walls.

When: On Saturday, May 22nd, from 5:30p until 8:30p.

More about the format: We will be doing Chaos of Battle instead of standard start zone placement. For Chaos of Battle, the person to your left will place your figures onto the battlefield before the battle starts.

What you need: Probably just a mask. I forgot to ask if Casual Dragon is requiring masks to be in the building, but I assume they are. Otherwise, I will provide figures, OMs, dice, etc.

Committed to come:
Brandonwiker +2 more

Maybe:
YOU!

Me just flagging ppl because I want to be noticed:
@Taeblewalker
@Ericth74
@Sir Dendrik
@Hufflemoon

I expect to edit this and add more event details over the next day or so.

Slap me with a response or PM if you plan on coming, see you there!

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; May 18th, 2021 at 09:16 PM.
Old May 13th, 2021, 03:43 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Western NY - Master Cartographers

Thanks for including me but I don't really want to drive six hours to play for three.

I hope you guys have a great time!

Old May 15th, 2021, 08:35 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's going to be a maybe for me. I used up the last of my contacts so I'm using 2 year old glasses to get by until my eye doctor appointment. I don't like driving at night without clear vision. But who knows, I might show up and just leave before dark.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old May 24th, 2021, 08:58 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@brandonwiker How did the games go? Very interested in this wonky format.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old May 25th, 2021, 04:25 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
@brandonwiker How did the games go? Very interested in this wonky format.
We loved it! Since there were only 3 of us going, I brought the AotP cards/figures and we had a blast with the AotP ruleset on the maps they made. Salty and Shane really enjoyed it. I only took 3 pictures.... I forgot to take more... Tough for me to remember when I was teaching the guys the rules for the AotP turn order, and I think I just became really enthralled while watching them play. First time in a long time that I've gotten to see AotP in action.

Working on the write up of the night and I will also post the pictures when it's all ready.
Old May 29th, 2021, 05:53 PM

SB and Salty built their maps: One snow/lava themed, and the other was dungeon/castle themed. I brought 4 AotP armies for us to choose from, just cool looking stuff I saw after a quick scout on the internet. These should be 600 points each, and all included cohesive spell decks as suggested for these armies online:

Army 1: Ob Nixilis + Restless Zombies + Ghoul Vanguard + Eldrazi Scions
Sourced from: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=54270

Army 2: Jace (the good version) + Lantern Geists + Illusionary Projections + Necro Alchemist
Sourced from: https://planeswalker-arena.boards.ne...am-played-army

Army 3: Sorin + Avacyn + Eldrazi Ruiner (I'm under the impression that @capsocrates conceived this army?)
Sourced from: https://planeswalker-arena.boards.ne...-auto-wounders

Army 4: Arlinn + Kessig Rangers + Blazing Firecats + Mad Prophet
Sourced from: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53680

Format: Last army standing. Opponent will determine your Planeswalker's starting position (Chaos of battle style, lol.) If your Planeswalker dies, you lose the ability to draw, play spells, and summon/re-summon creatures. Basically, you can only do move + attack phases with whichever of your creatures are remaining on the map.

Game 1: Snow/Lava map - Healing glyph in the far east on a lava field tile, defense +1 glyph on a lava field tile in the middle of the map, knowledge glyph in the south on an ice tile. Salty and SB learn AotP. SB chooses Army 1 with Ob Nixilus, Salty chooses Army 3 with Sorin.

Salty places Obnoxious at the northern part of the map, by the heal glyph. SB places Sorin to the south by the glaciers. Since I didn't know how to better port the lava field rules from Heroscape into AotP, we rolled 2 combat dice against any figure ending their active turn on a lava field. If BOTH dice rolled hits, the figure takes a wound dealt by lava field. Any other dice result meant nothing happens. Since the healing glyph was on lava field, we rolled a D20 to determine that the glyph healing resolves before lava damage (yes, I agree, I'm a filthy casual since I did not remember that the healing glyph resolves at the beginning of the turn.)

SB goes first, summoning his zombies and killing one of them with Ob's At Any Price so he can draw a card. He moves Obnoxious onto the heal glyph. Ob takes lava field damage. Salty summons Avacyn and moves Sorin counterclockwise around the molten lava toward Ob.

SB summons Eldrazi Scions adjacent to Avacyn and roadblocks Sorin's direct approach to Ob. The demon flies counterclockwise to run away from the impending fight. Salty plays Tenacity (Enchantment - Creatures you control gain +1 attack against figures adjacent to enchanted figure) on Avacyn, and then summons Eldrazi Ruiner adjacent to Ob. Sorin YOLOs into the thick to get adjacent to all three scions and attack them all via Blade Master, hitting two of them for one wound each.

SB takes the first non-planeswalker turn and decides it's time for the Scions to fight back. He enchants the Scions with Duress (Enchantment - Squad gets +1 attack. When a creature in enchanted squad deals damage to an opponent's Planeswalker, that Planeswalker's controlling player discards a random card from their hand) and attacks Sorin with all three of them, scoring 5 wounds total and genociding Salty's hand. Salty experiences divine intervention as he draws Stone Will and enchants Sorin with it (Enchantment - Planeswalker gains +2 attack while they have 4 or more wounds) aaannndd 3 Scion bodies hit the floor as Sorin fully heals with his Vampiric Thirst.

SB summons the Ghoul Vanguard next to the Ruiner, and then disengages Obnoxious from the Eldrazi to fly further counterclockwise, kills his last remaining zombie with Ob's At Any Price, and stares angrily across the pool of lava at Sorin. Salty activates Ruiner, deals 1 auto-wound with Lash of Tentacles, and then attacks the Ghoul Vanguard for another wound.

SB activates the Ghoul Vanguard and swings at the Ruiner for a wound, and then trades his Ghoul's life to fire off his Bone Splinters like a savage animal (Sorcery - Destroy a creature you control that is adjacent to an enemy creature, and deal 4 wounds to that enemy creature.) Salty activates the 5 wound Eldrazi Ruiner and plays Chaplain's Blessing (Sorcery - Remove 2 wounds from a hero creature and give it a +1 attack token) on Ruiner, and then walks the Eldrazi monster onto the heal glyph to heal off another wound.

SB plays Despise on Sorin (Enchantment - Planeswalker gets -1 attack) and then Rise of the Dark Realms (Sorcery - Return a dead squad creature back onto the board adjacent to your black Planeswalker) to recall one of his Scions. He uses Corrupt (Sorcery - Deal 1 wound to a creature within 5 spaces of your black Planeswalker, then remove 1 wound from that Planeswalker) against Avacyn, then flies Obnoxious over the glaciers and onto the high snow tiles. Salty flies Avacyn across the lava and onto the double snow high ground to slay the lone Scion with her Tenacity + height boosted 6 attack and then Madness of Angels.

Obnoxious, out of summons, is looking on from his snow hill down at the lava fields at the competition he faces: 1 wound on Avacyn, 2 wounds on the giant purple Eldrazi, and Sorin, completely healthy. SB fails the zombies' Darkness Arises D20 roll. Salty flies Avacyn closer to Ob, and puts a hidden enchantment on her. SB successfully revives the zombies this time, and places them all around Avacyn. SB uses Dark Harvest (Enchantment - Destroy a creature in enchanted squad. Squad gains +3 attack) on his reborn zombies while he retreats Obnoxious further away into the snowy corner of the map. SB realizes he made a "grave" mistake when Salty uses Avacyn's Madness of Angels to slay the remaining two zombies. Nonetheless, Darkness Arises once again, and this time SB places one next to Avacyn, while the other two zombies are spaced out to prevent multi-adjacencies. Salty kills a zombie with Avacyn, and places a hidden enchantment on the Eldrazi Ruiner.

SB attacks Avacyn with the two remaining zombies, activating hidden enchantment Survive the Night (Enchanted creature gets +5 defense. Destroy Survive the Night at the end of the turn.) Salty rolls 1 shield on 16 dice and Avacyn takes 2 wounds despite the 8 defense advantage. Salty uses Avacyn's Madness of Angels to auto-kill the zombies, only to see SB succeed in bringing them back post haste. SB spreads the zombies out again, as Avacyn kills one with Madness of Angels. 2 zombies finally succeed in downing Avacyn, so Salty begins walking the Ruiner toward Ob's location.

SB positions zombies on high ground at the choke between the glaciers. The Ruiner crashes in, rolling 7 attack and destroying a zombie. SB opts to take a turn with Obnoxious and fly into the empty choke point space and fight the Ruiner. He sacrifices his last zombie with Alter's Reap (Sorcery - Destroy a creature you control that is adjacent to the black Planeswalker, and heal up to 4 wounds from the Planeswalker) to rejuvenate Ob to full health, and then he attacks the giant purple slug, activating hidden enchantment Hope Against Hope (At the start of enchanted creature's turn, you may destroy Hope Against Hope. If you do, you may remove 2 wounds from enchanted creature) and hits the Eldrazi for 2 wounds.

The Ruiner's wounds are healed by the enchantment, and the Eldrazi lays 4 wounds back onto the demon in a return attack. SB fails to bring the zombies back, so in a valiant attempt to steal the game, he disengages Ob from the Eldrazi and takes a swing at Sorin. In response, poor Ob is promptly destroyed by the Ruiner, and Salty takes the W on his first AotP game.

Game 2: Dungeon/Castle map - Move +2 glyph is on a shadow space to the far east of the map. Attack +1 glyph is in the center of the map. Salty did a little shopping for board games and left shortly after, he had to get home. SB chooses Army 2 with Jace, I choose Army 4 with Arlinn.
SB placed my Arlinn in the northern middle part of the map. I placed his Jace in the level 0 shadow space right next to the move +2 glyph, on the eastern side of the map.

The only picture I took of the game (Read to find out how we get here!)

I open the game by summoning the Kessig rangers, one on the high ground to the south, and one on the high ground adjacent to Arlinn. I move Arlinn to high ground on the northeast corner of the map and take a shot at Jace to deal a wound, and then transform Arlinn into her wolf form. SB summons the lantern geists – one adjacent to Arlinn and the other adjacent to the Kessig ranger two spaces west of her. SB moves Jace north toward Arlinn, about 3 spaces away from her. He takes a shot at Arlinn to deal one wound, and he fails the Mind Stealer D20 roll.

Time to swing the pendulum the other way: I use Arlinn [Wolf] and summon the Mad Prophet on high ground adjacent to Jace, using the prophet’s Haste to hit Jace for 1 wound. Then, I summon the Blazing Firecats to effectively cage Jace into the corner of the map with the sheer amount of bodies that are surrounding him, only 2-3 hexes of open space remaining for him to move around. I use Firecat Haste to attack one of the Lanturn Geists for one wound, and I play Senseless Rage on Firecats (Enchantment – Once per turn, you may re-roll all attack dice for one figure in enchanted army card after seeing the defender’s roll.) Arlinn [Wolf] attacks the other healthy Lantern Geist and lands 2 wounds – this activates howl; I place an attack +1 marker on the Firecats. Turn passes to SB, and I’m seriously wondering how he’s going to survive through my next turn…

He summons the Illusionary Projections and forms a wall with them toward the southeastern part of the map, near the +2 move glyph where I placed Jace in the beginning of the game. Then, he plays Project Self (Sorcery – Move blue planeswalker to an empty space adjacent to another figure you control) and teleports Jace behind his wall of illusions. He flickers the Lantern Geists to heal them, and he keeps them in reserve. He plays Jace’s Erasure (Sorcery – Target player puts the top two cards of their library into the graveyard) to destroy my Power of Fire and Titanic Growth cards, and he attacks one of the Firecats to deal one wound. Very interesting turn from him! On my turn, I activate the Firecats, sending two of them straight into the illusions, and the third one over to the attack + 1 glyph. Two Firecats roll 5 attack each, killing one illusion and wounding another, but I do not have an opening to Jace yet. SB activates Jace again and summons his Necro Alchemist on the high ground to the west, adjacent to one of the Kessig Rangers I summoned on my first turn. Jace attacks the wounded Firecat and kills it, and then he plays Unsummon on the Firecats (Sorcery – Target a squad creature within 4 clear sight spaces of blue Planeswalker. Return that squad to owner’s reserve.) I didn’t know for sure if the +1 attack marker sticks when figures are unsummoned, but I removed the +1 marker and destroyed the Senseless Rage enchantment.

I take my next turn with Arlinn [Wolf] and resummon the Firecats near the attack +1 glyph in the middle of the map. I send Arlinn onto the Movement +2 glyph, adjacent to a healthy illusion. Arlinn destroys the illusion, activates howl, and I place attack +1 marker on Kessig Rangers. SB places a hidden enchantment on Jace, and takes a turn with the Necro Alchemist. He removes one of the charge markers to buff his attack, and then one shots the adjacent Kessig Ranger. I play Primeval Light (Sorcery – Destroy all face-up and face-down enchantments) and it is countered by Jace’s hidden enchantment Psychic Rebuttal (Enchantment – Flip Psychic Rebuttal over the next time the opponent plays a sorcery. Counter that sorcery and destroy Psychic Rebuttal.) Then, I play Stubborn Resilience on the last Kessig Ranger (Enchantment – This can only be played on a squad with one creature remaining. Enchanted squad gets +2 attack, defense, and move.) Then I play Stoke the Flames on Arlinn (Enchantment – This can only be played on a Planeswalker you control. All figures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of enchanted figure get +1 attack) and then I move Arlinn onto the road and kill the last illusion. Using Howl, I place a +1 attack token on the Firecats.

SB moves Jace slightly away from Arlinn and a bit toward his Necro Alchemist. Jace attacks Arlinn to deal one wound, and he fails the Mind Stealer D20 roll agianst Arlinn. I activate the Firecats and speed them both into engagement with Jace, hitting some wounds… I think Jace has 4 wounds on him after these attacks. SB pulls out the big guns – Welcome to the Fold (Sorcery – Play this only on the turn of a blue Planeswalker you control. Choose up to 2 creatures in a squad within 4 clear sight spaces of the blue Planeswalker. You may move and attack with those creatures.) He bolts both of my firecats full sprint to the other side of the map and attacks my lone Kessig Ranger, kills him. He attacks Arlinn with Jace and deals another wound, and fails Mind Stealer once again.

I draw Twinflame this turn, something about this card's art & effect make me giddy when I draw it - it's time to make a strong attempt on Jace's life. I activate Firecats, and I use Bountiful Harvest (Sorcery - Remove up to 3 wounds from green Planeswlker.) to heal Arlinn's 3 wounds, then I play Twinflame on one of the Firecats (Sorcery - Choose a squad creature. Each crossed weapons symbol you roll for that creature this turn counts as +1 hit.) I move one of the Firecats onto the attack +1 glyph, and then move the Twinflame-buffed cat next to Jace. Rolling 6 dice (3 base + attack glyph + howl attack token + Stoke the Flames buff from Arlinn) I get 4 skulls, doubled to 8 by Twinflame, increased 1 further due to Intense Strike = 9 hits = RIP Jace. SB forgot to ever re-summon the geists... rookie mistake, his first time using blue.

SB still has his completely healthy Necro Alchemist with 3 charges on high ground, he spends a charge and attacks a Firecat to deal one wound. Firecats leave the attack +1 glyph and charge up the hill to get adjacent to the alchemist and launch attacks to deal 3 wounds to him. Alchemist spends another charge and knocks one kitty out. I activate Arlinn [Wolf] and begin closing the gap between her and the alchemist. SB kills the other Firecat as he spends the alchemist's last charge counter.

Arlinn [Wolf] charges in, and the two duke it out for a few turns, Arlinn emerges victorious with 1 wound.

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; May 30th, 2021 at 05:22 PM.
Old June 17th, 2021, 10:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Army 3: Sorin + Avacyn + Eldrazi Ruiner (I'm under the impression that @capsocrates conceived this army?)
Yup, that was me. Looks like it was pretty dominant in that first game from your report. I also like a similar army at 500 points with just Jace + Eldrazi Ruiner.

I could be mis-remembering, but aren't you not allowed to summon creatures adjacent to enemy creatures?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 18th, 2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Yup, that was me. Looks like it was pretty dominant in that first game from your report. I also like a similar army at 500 points with just Jace + Eldrazi Ruiner.

I could be mis-remembering, but aren't you not allowed to summon creatures adjacent to enemy creatures?
Yeah, your army was really savage, well thought out, nice job with that one.

Afaik, the only limits on summons are that they must be placed within 5 spaces of your PW, and that they must be placed on an empty space (no summoning onto glyph, especially.)

I know I've messed up AotP rules before, but we currently play where we allow summons to be adjacent to enemy figures as long as the space is empty and within 5 sight spaces of the summoning PW.
Old June 18th, 2021, 06:58 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks to have been a lot of fun.
I wouldn't worry about messing up the rules after the fact or someone may point out that you're not supposed to have Lava next to snow or ice.
As long as you're having fun...those minor rule fluctuations mean nothing.

Is there another time coming up?

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; June 18th, 2021 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Not that I could get there easily...but just wondering.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events