Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 18th, 2018, 08:11 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Groot (Baby)

I think you can cut the last line from the bonding power.
Old June 18th, 2018, 01:50 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

If you want stronger Rocket synergy, why not just small carried?
Old June 18th, 2018, 01:55 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I'd do Small Carried before the Raccoon callout thing you've got going on now. Way more organic and easier to play.
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:02 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
If you want stronger Rocket synergy, why not just small carried?
Because the more Nite Owl esque bonding that dok suggested is perfect in most senses - doesn't encourage sending him out as a missile, etc. - but would, unaltered, directly discourage playing him with Rocket since he can only hit figures adjacent to the activated figure. That encourages pairing with melee fighters, or at least figures who don't mind being engaged, whereas Rocket is neither of those things - he prefers to stay at the back shooting. That version would make Rocket one of his worst pairings. This version fixes it by making him work well with Rocket again, giving him a nice little specific callout. Also.... how many people have had an issue with Small Carried? This just seems like a nice, simple way to kill about three birds with one stone by making him play as a Sidekick rather than a missile as he should, eliminating the concerns of Nite Owl-esque bonding making him not work well with Rocket and giving him Rocket synergy while keeping the Carried power generic as many people have suggested. Seems obvious, to me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:08 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

It's just not nice, simple, or obvious to my eyes.

Why not just have it work the way you want it to work for Rocket, for everyone?

Quote:
If no Unique Heroes in your army have the same species or class, then after revealing an Order Marker on the card of any Unique Hero you control and taking a turn with that Hero, if Groot is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Hero, you may take an immediate turn with Groot. During this turn, Groot can only attack figures engaged with another figure you control. You may not take any additional turns with any other figures you control.
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:09 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It's just not nice, simple, or obvious to my eyes.

Why not just have it work the way you want it to work for Rocket, for everyone?

Quote:
If no Unique Heroes in your army have the same species or class, then after revealing an Order Marker on the card of any Unique Hero you control and taking a turn with that Hero, if Groot is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Hero, you may take an immediate turn with Groot. During this turn, Groot can only attack figures engaged with another figure you control. You may not take any additional turns with any other figures you control.
That works. Still working on a connection to Rocket people won't have issues with, though.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Symbiotic

Both having the fiver costs, the ragtag thing with Rocket's rare species/class, and (with YK's Rocket II), the fact that Rocket encourages you to distribute your OMs and Groot is a universal sidekick (plus a potential triple turn combo there if you guys work that out)... I feel like there's plenty of soft stuff linking them together and they don't need hard callouts to each other.
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:20 PM
Hard as ice

Yeah, you likely have a point - I just want to make sure he works well with the present Rocket, both to give you more thematic options and in case Rocket (vII) doesn't happen. Then again, with a Range of 2, that should work well with both forcing opponents to engage and risk Support Fire and with leaving space to fire the BFG... okay, @Ronin , @Arkham , @Tornado , @japes , @Yodaking , @Spidey'tilIDie , @johnny139 , @SirGalahad , @dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer , are we happy with this?

NAME = GROOT

SPECIES = FLORA COLOSSUS
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASCOT? COMPANION?
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 2

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 65/75? (I'd like his price to end in 5, again to fit with Rocket)

RAGTAG MASCOT

CARRIED
Once per player turn, before moving a friendly adjacent Small or Medium Unique Hero, if Groot is not engaged, you may choose that Small or Medium Unique Hero for Groot's Carried special power. After moving the chosen figure, you may place Groot on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure.

TOO ADORABLE TO KILL
An opponent's figure cannot target Groot for an attack or choose him for a special power if it could instead target another figure you control, and may not make leaving engagement attacks against Groot. Cruel, Nihilistic, and Sadistic figures are not affected by this special power.

Also, any thoughts on his Class? I'll probably be moving this guy to Initial soon if everyone's happy.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; June 18th, 2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

On Class I'd go with Mascot over Companion. As you mentioned, companion has been used on some 'pets' and I could see myself trying to put together an all/mostly animal/plant themed army (Rocket, Swamp Thing, Groot, Cosmo, Lockjaw, etc.) at some point. So lets not give him the same class as another likely animal figure. Plus Mascot is in the power name so it seems like a good fit.
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
On Class I'd go with Mascot over Companion. As you mentioned, companion has been used on some 'pets' and I could see myself trying to put together an all/mostly animal/plant themed army (Rocket, Swamp Thing, Groot, Cosmo, Lockjaw, etc.) at some point. So lets not give him the same class as another likely animal figure. Plus Mascot is in the power name so it seems like a good fit.
I agree... though I'm still giggling over the fact that I completely independently made Companion the class for fantasy adventurers in my personal customs, most notably the Fellowship of the Ring... that's going to make for some bloody bizarre synergy down the line!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 18th, 2018, 07:27 PM
Hard as ice

Okay, I've updated his SP - in the morning (BST) I'll propose a vote for Initial.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 18th, 2018, 07:55 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Seems good to me now! I could see his cost rising further through testing if Carried proves to be as strong as some have mentioned, but that's what playtesting is for!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library