Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old June 14th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Say you're attacking a Feral Troll with a Specter. The troll is 3 spaces away from a friendly Raelin.

You run 2 Specters through it, each taking away one defense.

How many defense dice do you roll?

Well, 1 - 2 + 2 = 1. Easy.

But hold up. I'm the Troll player, and I want my troll to not take wounds. So I argue that he can't reduce my defense below 0, which means that the second Specter's pass through doesn't count. 1 - 1 = 0, and 0 + 2 is 2. This is correct if you apply the powers in this order.

As the specter player, I don't like this. I say that Raelin's bonus is applied first. 1 + 2 = 3, and 3 - 2 = 1. This is correct if you apply the powers in this order.

So which order do you apply the powers in?

You have to dice off. That's what the rules say for simultaneous powers.

That gets annoying.

I reserve the right to be wrong in this post
The implicit way this is calculated is the first one. Apply all modifiers, then impose a minimum of zero. It's simple and how everyone plays it.

Adding in another minimum/maximum causes the problem superfrog describes above. If there are multiple min/max values, then the "apply the zero min at the end" is no longer universal, and the timing of the addition/subtractions becomes important. And that's just an ugly mess.
Old June 14th, 2018, 06:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

So if the power says "a maximum of -2 defense dice for Deathly Touch," it would be okay?
Old June 14th, 2018, 06:46 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
So if the power says "a maximum of -2 defense dice for Deathly Touch," it would be okay?
Yeah, that's ok I suppose. It's technically new, but would work ok I think.
Old June 14th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Wow...very informative. Thank you for explaining that.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 14th, 2018, 08:08 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'm late, but - gladiator class for Drak? Heh.
Old June 14th, 2018, 09:58 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I'm late, but - gladiator class for Drak? Heh.
I've thought about that but the Capuans are restricted to Human Gladiators.
Old June 14th, 2018, 10:16 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Really?? Damn! I never noticed!
Old June 14th, 2018, 11:02 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

There's always the synergy for Spartacus and Priscus, since only the bonding is restricted to humans. That said, I don't really see this mini as being a gladiator at all, in theme or sculpt.
Old June 15th, 2018, 02:30 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Yeah, that's ok I suppose. It's technically new, but would work ok I think.
I like the idea of allowing the defense to be lowered more by having more specters pass through the figure. I don't want it any more powerful that -2, just to make sure it isn't too good against commons, so that will be the limit. I'll get to testing with that.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. If you have anything else you want to tell me, or feedback on any other designs, please visit my customs thread.
Old June 15th, 2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I like the idea of allowing the defense to be lowered more by having more specters pass through the figure. I don't want it any more powerful that -2, just to make sure it isn't too good against commons, so that will be the limit. I'll get to testing with that.
I thought about suggesting that, but decided I don't like the idea. It's a bit too much memory-required. Remembering which figures the any Specter passed through isn't hard. Remembering, for every figure, how many Specters passed through it? When they're moving through a pack of figure, all from different directions and distances, it would quickly become a pain to remember.
Old June 15th, 2018, 10:02 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It's a needless ornamentation. The best designs are the ones that have the essential pieces and nothing else. Don't do it, Leaf It. It's clumsy and it adds nothing; it only hurts.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 15th, 2018, 10:27 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I thought about suggesting that, but decided I don't like the idea. It's a bit too much memory-required. Remembering which figures the any Specter passed through isn't hard. Remembering, for every figure, how many Specters passed through it? When they're moving through a pack of figure, all from different directions and distances, it would quickly become a pain to remember.
Scytale is probably right.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards