Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 12th, 2017, 11:30 PM

hillel9876 Woo who?
making units better.

this is my first post so if i don't follow any of the etiquette or rules about posting please tell me

anyway, i had the idea for this thread when i was looking at the deathstalkers. i thought, "if only they had bonding, or maybe 2 attack instead of three (for maul) . . ." so I decided to make a thread for improving bad figures. examples: making taelord less points, giving vipers defense, giving deathwalkers more life, etc. it's basically remaking figures, like they did with drake and raelin in SoTM.

HYPNOTOAD COMPELS YOU TO DO HIS BIDDING
Old February 12th, 2017, 11:36 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: making units better.

Hey hillel, welcome to the site! Always great to see new faces with good ideas.

There is actually a thread where people have done a lot of this kind of adjustment for existing cards - Delta/Delta+. I haven't gotten into it a ton myself but they got a lot of good stuff done there, though it's been inactive for a couple years. But I'm sure if you go there and try to stir things up you'll find a couple of the veterans willing to participate. And you could have tons of fun with the units they already have done.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 12th, 2017, 11:50 PM

hillel9876 Woo who?

thank you! i actually had no idea that thread existed. ill see if i can revive it!

Old February 13th, 2017, 12:55 AM

SINCLAIR Woo who?

You should also check this out.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=27657

Your idea for the deathstalkers is spot on!

Mindshackle: The only acceptable strategy
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:03 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@hillel9876 See these projects:
Competitive Unit Congress (CUC) - Collaborate project that is looking for mare members and ideas - Probably the best place for you to post, but check out what thy have already passed an proposed first.
@lefton4ya - Competitive Unit Alters (CUA) - My personal addendum to the CUC project.
@rouby44 - Official Units Revisited or A thorough reexamination of Heroscape
@wriggz - Thematic Classic Redesigns
@TheSparkleInYourWater - Recreating Some Official Cards
Customs using Master Set Figures (RotV, SotM, BftU)
Everything is better with bonding! - Custom power mods

My Competitive Unit Alters , which even has a fix for deathstalkers, deathwalkers, and Elite Onyx Vipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Elite Onyx Vipers
Proposal: Increase defense from 2 to 4, change EVASIVE 8 to EVASIVE 6.
Logic: They need more defense against the people they are attacking, after all they are ELITE.

Deathstalkers
Proposal: Change Maul to Maul Special Attack "Range 1. Attack 1, 2, or 3. Each Deathstalker may use Maul Special Attack instead of a normal attack. Choose any figure within range and attack by rolling 1, 2, or 3 atack dice. When rolling attack dice for Maul Special Attack against a small or medium figure, if you roll a skull on every die, the defending figure receives a wound for every skull, and cannot roll any defense dice."
Logic: A lot stronger as if you roll 1 die, as it is a 50% kill on commons regardless of their defensive bonuses and the SA bypasses most defensive powers. I like that you have to choose how many dice to roll.

Deathwalker 7000, 800, and 9000
Proposal: Make them all Common Heroes, and reduce cost of each by 20.
Logic: You loose less order markers if you have a spare, especially with the below or CUC card for Zettians, and with SoV Zettian Infantry and C3V Deathcommander Mark 3.

Deathwalker 7000
Proposal: Reduce cost from 100 to 80

Deathwalker 8000
Proposal: Reduce cost from 130 to 110

Deathwalker 9000
Proposal: Reduce cost from 140 to 120

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 13th, 2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Deathstalkers

I think they are one of the few squads deserving of a special attack.

I went a bit different with my death stalkers. The special attack is a nice bonus, but the 2-3-4 attack means they roll the same number of dice but have a much better chance of destroying a unit on 2 dice, but still can due some damage with 4 dice.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:20 AM

hillel9876 Woo who?

I like what you did with the deathstalkers! I would keep it normal attack and just reduce their attack to 2, and give them some kind of anti-range power. It feels more thematic to me, and it makes up for the point cost, and the attack still bypasses powers like warforged resolve and tough because they need dice to be rolled (also I just don't really like special attacks) I was thinking maybe evasive 2 or something.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards