Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 21st, 2019, 01:03 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Shadow Lass

The Book of Shadow Lass

C3G DC WAVE 30
TOIL AND TROUBLE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Collateral Damage set.
Its model number and name are #034 or 036 / Shadow Lass.
Its model number and name are #035 / Umbra.

NOTE: Shadow Lass requires 3-4 Glyphs of Darkfield.

Character Bio - Born on Talok VIII where the populace revere their "Shadow Champion". Tasmia was taken from her mother at birth to be raised by priests to prevent the possibility of Talok VIII losing both Lyrissa Mallor, the then current Shadow Champion, and her daughter and successor, Tasmia, in a single attack.

Her whole life Tasmia was trained in combat and studied the knowledge of her hereditary powers. That is until the day when she entered the mystical Shadow Cave, after her mother was killed, and was granted the powers of her bloodline becoming the next Shadow Champion. Granted the power to tap into an unknown and ancient source of darkness in the universe, Tasmia has the ability to cast "darkfields" that cause the nullification of all light so complete that those trapped within become disoriented and deprived of their senses, driving many enemies to the point of experiencing rampant fear and helplessness. Her control is so complete over these darkfields that she can even make them like a shell that not only stops light from getting in but also stops the light from getting out whilst the interior still remains lit. Tasmia can draw more power from shadows and darkness near and around her. Even the simple act of shading her eyes with her hood helps her to build up power. Tasmia also has perfect vision in any darkness, natural or otherwise created.

Although she was also revered by her people, Tasmia was sent off-world by the priests of Talok VIII, to "open her mind" about the universe when she almost disrupted the peaceful negotiations of Talok VIII's inclusion into the United Planets.

Tasmia, becoming Shadow Lass, joined the Legion of Super Heroes after Talok VIII was invaded by the Fatal Five whom she then helped to defeat. In joining the Legion Tasmia's hand-to-hand combat skills became even more formidable through training with Karate Kid and other Legionnaires.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Legionnaire, Shadow Lass has these Legionnaire Synergies.
  • Shadow Lass can start the game with an additional Glyph of Darkfield if you draft at least two other Legionnaires.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:26 PM. Reason: png
Old January 21st, 2019, 01:03 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Shadow Lass - DESIGN STAGE

NAME = SHADOW LASS

SECRET IDENTITY = TASMIA MALLOR

SPECIES = TALOKIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = DEVOUT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 240

DARKFIELD CAST
Start the game with 3 Glyphs of Darkfield on this card, or 4 Glyphs of Darkfield if there are at least 2 other Legionnaires in your army. At any point before, during or after her movement, as long as Shadow Lass is on a space where she could end her movement, you may place 1 Glyph of Darkfield from this card on an empty space within 4 spaces of Shadow Lass.

SHROUD OF DARKNESS
Shadow Lass cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight.

FLYING

Last edited by A3n; October 26th, 2019 at 09:40 PM.
Old January 21st, 2019, 01:18 AM

Hope I'm doing this right.

I haven't start the glyph thread yet just wanted to see everyone's opinion on the overall design first.

Cheers
Old January 21st, 2019, 01:47 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Great to see an A3n design! And another Legionnaire too.

Simple but I like the powerset. My first thought is that -2/-2 is going to be pretty brutal for some armies, particularly low-level ones, for a Glyph that (unless I'm missing something) is permanently part of the battlefield. I don't think it will break anything, but it's something to keep an eye on.

We should probably make an effort to have the various "create darkness" characters consistent. I know Marvel has some (Darkstar and Shroud for starters), and Shroud of Darkness works for both of them, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something. Oh, and we've swapped Radar Sense for Fighting Blind, FYI.
Old January 21st, 2019, 08:22 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The first power is an interesting one. I scoured the index to make sure it wasn't a renamed power, but it seems like everything else has more mechanics than that, so it's fair game. It's basically Invisibility/Intangibility without the engagement/movement component. So that works.

I agree that the glyphs seem powerful (and that we need to know what type of glyph they are - presumably permanent, as johnny suggests). That said, it seems to be the main reason to draft her as well.

Competitively I'm guessing the aim would be to pair her with powerful ranged multi-attackers who could sit back away from the glyphs and snipe the figures she makes vulnerable. In practice, I'm guessing most armies have enough mobility to keep a lot of their figures outside the range of these glyphs unless you combine her with a lockdown figure or two as well.

She'd be an interesting addition to a Mutant army with Cable/Blob for instance, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
We should probably make an effort to have the various "create darkness" characters consistent.
Hmm, then Obsidian should probably be taken into consideration, as that's definitely his shtick.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 21st, 2019, 09:48 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Hope I'm doing this right.

I haven't start the glyph thread yet just wanted to see everyone's opinion on the overall design first.

Cheers
So far so good!

We usually wait until the design is in final editing to split a glyph out into its own thread - makes it a little easier to keep track of while the unit's being designed and tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
We should probably make an effort to have the various "create darkness" characters consistent.
Hmm, then Obsidian should probably be taken into consideration, as that's definitely his shtick.
Besides Obsidian, we also have Doctor Mid-Nite (not sure if he totally counts, since he's kind of a lower-rent version that just creates shadows) and Cloak. They don't really make much of an effort to play nicely together as-is.

On the glyph, shutting down attacks and special powers that require clear sight is a bigger flag to me than the -2/-2 effect. Helps that it impacts friendlies as well as enemies, but it gives her pretty crazy board control.

EDIT:

Quote:
Competitively I'm guessing the aim would be to pair her with powerful ranged multi-attackers who could sit back away from the glyphs and snipe the figures she makes vulnerable.
Glyph says the affected figures can't be targeted either, so if you want to take em out, you have to actually charge into the darkness field and melee em.

Last edited by Ronin; January 21st, 2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old January 21st, 2019, 10:38 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Another Legionairre!

Is Shroud of Darkness any different from Intangibility or Invisible Woman’s power? I’m not quickly able to check on mobile currently.

Darkfield is a great power idea and a great glyph idea too. I’m with Johnny that -2 to any combat stat is a big debuff for a 4-space aura that can be placed numerous times. Now that I think of it, it affects all figures, so that seems not too bad. I’m okay seeing testing before deciding if that is too powerful. Also, if possible, I would add Doctor Mid-Nite’s power that lets him see on shadow tiles to the immunities of Darkfield.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 21st, 2019, 11:08 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Another Legionairre!

Is Shroud of Darkness any different from Intangibility or Invisible Woman’s power? I’m not quickly able to check on mobile currently.
I agree with Bats that it's definitely a new power. The fact that it doesn't have any kind of 'no LEAs' clause separates it from a lot of similar powers.
Old January 21st, 2019, 11:22 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I don't mind putting Mid-Nite aside (since we're talking about "advanced darkness" here, not just shadows and smoke). Cloak is tougher to justify, since he's already packed with text (and I wouldn't want to just staple a "this power is also Shroud of Darkness" power on there).

For Obsidian... would it be too weird to split Intangibility on his card into Shroud of Darkness and Phantom Walk? That would mean Cloak is our only odd man out, and I've always thought he was kind of a low-rent Darkforce user anyways. It's all the cloak for him.

I just noticed that Cloak and Obsidian are both Brooding Recluses in C3G... hell of a coincidence.
Old January 21st, 2019, 11:30 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
I don't mind putting Mid-Nite aside (since we're talking about "advanced darkness" here, not just shadows and smoke). Cloak is tougher to justify, since he's already packed with text (and I wouldn't want to just staple a "this power is also Shroud of Darkness" power on there).

For Obsidian... would it be too weird to split Intangibility on his card into Shroud of Darkness and Phantom Walk? That would mean Cloak is our only odd man out, and I've always thought he was kind of a low-rent Darkforce user anyways. It's all the cloak for him.

I just noticed that Cloak and Obsidian are both Brooding Recluses in C3G... hell of a coincidence.
I'd be cool with that tweak to Obsidian if you could sell Bats on it - he'd need something a hair different from the usual Phantom Walk in order to retain the ability to walk through ruins, though.

And yeah, I'd be in favor of making a couple tweaks to Cloak (keywording him or even just giving the Shroud of Darkness types an out), but he's a little too text-heavy to justify it.
Old January 21st, 2019, 01:24 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I could probably be convinced if there was a complete proposal that looked smooth.

Given that you can't snipe victims of the glyphs, sounds like Judge Anderson has a new best friend.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 21st, 2019, 04:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I know Black Panther's power works whenever he can't see seen by the opponent or shadow, so he would be a good pairing, but any figures that only reference shadow tiles might prefer if the area around the glyph was also considered to be shadow.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library