Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Notices

Old July 18th, 2013, 09:52 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: The HoSS Question Dump

How big are the figures going to get? Are you guys planning on doing X-wings and AT-ATs, or just sticking to characters?
Old July 18th, 2013, 10:10 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
How big are the figures going to get? Are you guys planning on doing X-wings and AT-ATs, or just sticking to characters?
We do have ideas for some vehicles in the future, though I think AT-ATs would be a little too big (though they wold be cool)!
Old July 18th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I'm not sure we'll do the AT-AT, but some of the bigger figures are definitely in works. Afterall, someone needs to lead the sandpeople.
Old July 19th, 2013, 12:14 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I would like to do AT-ST's and Snowspeeders at least, at some point. But we will have to work out the movement rules first.
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
I'm not sure we'll do the AT-AT ...
Calling Dr. Weirdscaper!

An AT-AT would probably have to be represented by a scenario rule. The Imperial player uses an OM or 2 to have an off-battlefield AT-AT bombard a chosen hex or hexes with an area effect attack.

Another possibility would be to incorporate the AT-AT into the map as part of the terrain or as a really big DO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I would like to do AT-ST's and Snowspeeders at least, at some point. But we will have to work out the movement rules first.
AT-STs wouldn't be too hard to incorporate as Huge figures. I believe the ones I have fit fairly well on a large peanut base. The movement wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Snowspeeders would be cool, but the movement on all but the largest maps would be real tricky. I do think a Snowspeeder DO (oir other vehicles as DOs) for scenario maps would be a great addition. Luke Skywalker and his copilot have to make it through the Imperial lines to get the Snowspeeder out of Echo Base hangar.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 23rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quick question: Where is the link to the Rulebook? It was in the Front Page announcement, but I couldn't find it in the Welcome or Archive post.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:14 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Quick question: Where is the link to the Rulebook? It was in the Front Page announcement, but I couldn't find it in the Welcome or Archive post.
Here's a link to the Rulebook

and

Here's a link to the Scenarios

I'll add these to the Welcome Page and the Archives. Thanks for the heads up, Dave!

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old July 26th, 2013, 12:53 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

When Obi-Wan faces the Tusken Raiders, like in the scenario for the Beggar's Canyon map, which power triggers first? Jedi Mind Trick or Desert Ambush?
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:57 AM

Quote:
When Obi-Wan faces the Tusken Raiders, like in the scenario for the Beggar's Canyon map, which power triggers first? Jedi Mind Trick or Desert Ambush?
Good question.

Quote:
JEDI MIND TRICK 14
If an opponent reveals an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Common Squad or a figure with the Weak Minded Special Power and at least one figure from that Card is within 2 clear sight spaces of Obi-Wan Kenobi, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, that player's turn immediately ends. Droids are not affected by Jedi Mind Trick 14.

DESERT AMBUSH
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, and before taking a turn with Tusken Raiders, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may place one of your previously destroyed Tusken Raider figures on any empty sand space. You must place this Tusken Raider adjacent to at least one opponent's figure. After placing this Tusken Raider, choose an adjacent opponent's figure and roll 1 attack die. If you roll a skull, the chosen figure receives one wound.
This is not an official HoSS ruling, just my interpretation. In this situation, both powers call for a d20 roll after the OM is revealed on the Tusken Raiders card. In reality, the rolls could happen simultaneously. However, if both rolls are successful, then Mind Trick carries the day as the Tusken's turn would end immediately before a previously destroyed Tusken could be placed.
Does that make sense?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With force push are you able to push figure you aren't engaged with if you are engaged with another figure. I assume the answer is yes since nothing says you can't, but I want to make sure.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old August 9th, 2013, 05:57 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Yes, you are correct for two reasons:
1. It's not an attack, it's a special power, so engagement rules don't apply (like Sonlen's Dragon Swoop)
2. It doesn't say you can't (like Darth Vader's Force Choke)
Old August 12th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a question about this from the rewards thread:

Quote:
You can spend your HoSSRP on designing an official HoSS figure in the public HoSS forum. The cost per figure will vary depending on the figure being created. Check here for figure list and cost. Please note that the creation process will be a collabrative effort from current HoSS members and other public participants, but you will be in the driver's seat. HoSS members reserve the right to veto any suggestions submitted by the designer. This is to ensure that the figure being designed remains in line with other figures that may or may not have been released. In addition, there cannot be more than one public design active at any one time.
When it says you can design a figure, are those going to predetermined figures from the HoSS crew or does the person buying the design get to choose the character they wish to create (obviously it must be Star Wars related).

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape