Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 15th, 2011, 01:26 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Lamaclown's Customs-New: Valkrill Kyrie Squad 9/14

Wow the Harbringers are awesome looking. Nice job, I like your Rotting Touch. I did a Rotting Touch for my Priest of Sudema. Its on page 15 of my customs thread.
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Lamaclown's Customs-New: Utgar Blood Warrior 9/15

Thanks, jc. I can't wait to get them on the table so I can test them. Just because of their super-Valkrillesque sculpt, they are one of my favorite kyrie squads I've done so far.

I redid the Rotting Touch wording using tickle's suggestion...

If you are like me, your friends laugh at you when you play scape because of your uncanny ability to completely wiff your rolls on a regular basis. Well, no more! Here is a fig that has the last laugh (hopefully)...

Blood Warriors, whose origins are unknown, are some of the most ferocious warriors on the field of battle. They become whipped into a frenzy when the smell and sight of blood is before them. So zealous for the spilling of blood, they have even been known to completely open themselves up to mortal wounds just for the opportunity to strike a blow on their enemy and see their own blood mingle with that of their foes. An enemy who relishes blood- yours or his own- is not an enemy to be trifled with.

Of course with my luck I will still wiff the defense roll and then never roll a skull

Last edited by Lamaclown; September 15th, 2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old September 15th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

That's a really cool power. I like the trigger of not rolling a shield.
Old September 16th, 2011, 08:27 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
That's a really cool power. I like the trigger of not rolling a shield.
So do I.

On the Harbingers, Rotting Touch is VERY powerful. It reduces every figure in the game's Defense to a 2 at most. And it COMPLETELY negates counterstrike. Always. Might be a little too powerful, but I like the idea. Just needs some adjustment. Great figure choice.

And I do really like the Blood Warriors.

~Spite
Old September 16th, 2011, 10:31 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Thanks tickle and spite.

I actually had revamped Rotting Touch and never got around to posting the new card. I am glad you said something, spite.

HARBINGERS BACK ON THE WORKTABLE

Also, for the Blood Warrior, I was thinking of removing the need for rolling the attack die if no shields are rolled and just making it an auto-wound since you have to completely wiff the defense roll to begin with.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Lamaclown; September 17th, 2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old September 18th, 2011, 05:30 PM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Thanks tickle and spite.

I actually had revamped Rotting Touch and never got around to posting the new card. I am glad you said something, spite.

HARBINGERS BACK ON THE WORKTABLE

Also, for the Blood Warrior, I was thinking of removing the need for rolling the attack die if no shields are rolled and just making it an auto-wound since you have to completely wiff the defense roll to begin with.

Thoughts?
Simplest thing I can think of is if the dice show no shields and at least 1 skull, inflict one unblockable hit on the attacking figure. That combines the two rolls. Its a little more powerful, since you're rolling 3 dice to get that skull instead of one, but a) It only works if you roll no shields, and b)the BW is being destroyed anyway, so I think it's still okay. Just something to think about.

One thing I just noticed: You should probably make it, "If this Blood Warrior is attacked and at least one skull is rolled...." because as it stands, the BW gets to roll Defense even if the attack is a whiff, and your wording then assumes he's being removed, which he might not be. If you make the whole thing contingent on at least 1 skull, then the rest of it makes sense.
Old September 19th, 2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Simplest thing I can think of is if the dice show no shields and at least 1 skull, inflict one unblockable hit on the attacking figure. That combines the two rolls. Its a little more powerful, since you're rolling 3 dice to get that skull instead of one, but a) It only works if you roll no shields, and b)the BW is being destroyed anyway, so I think it's still okay. Just something to think about.
This might work if it weren't for the 1st edition dice which some people play with. Defense dice and attack dice are separate in the 1st edition which means you will never roll a skull when rolling defense dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
One thing I just noticed: You should probably make it, "If this Blood Warrior is attacked and at least one skull is rolled...." because as it stands, the BW gets to roll Defense even if the attack is a whiff, and your wording then assumes he's being removed, which he might not be. If you make the whole thing contingent on at least 1 skull, then the rest of it makes sense.
Thanks, spite. I added the "...and at least one skull is rolled..." clause. Good thinking.

I am also going to change it (for now) to a d20 roll rather than rolling an attack die. Rolling an attack die can cause a few different issues I hadn't thought of like certain defense powers that are triggered and rolling an attack die on an opponent's figure's turn. The d20 roll will have the same chance of inflicting a wound as the attack die roll did (50/50) so it won't change anything really, just avoid any possible issues.

So...
Quote:
POURED OUT
If a Blood Warrior is attacked by an adjacent figure and at least one skull is rolled and no defense dice rolled show shields, before removing this figure from the battlefield you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, the attacking figure receives one wound.
Old September 20th, 2011, 04:10 PM

Here is the latest version of the Blood Warrior

I dropped rolling the attack die and made it the d20 to avoid other issues. Also, since it now uses the d20 i could fine tune the probability of inflicting a wound.

How do his points look?

BTW, the fig is the Blood of Vol Fanatic and Auggies has 54 of them for $1.29 each
Old September 20th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Lamaclown's Customs-Update: Utgar Blood Warrior 9/20

POURED OUT
If a Blood Warrior is attacked with a normal attack by an adjacent figure and rolls no shields, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 7 or higher, the attacking figure receives one wound.

LC, you do realize this triggers even when the attacker rolls no skulls, right?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 20th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Here is the latest version of the Blood Warrior

I dropped rolling the attack die and made it the d20 to avoid other issues. Also, since it now uses the d20 i could fine tune the probability of inflicting a wound.

How do his points look?

BTW, the fig is the Blood of Vol Fanatic and Auggies has 54 of them for $1.29 each
This guy is really gross , but I think the changes you've made make this a better card. On the face of it, "7 or higher" seems a bit too likely to happen on Poured Out, but I guess with the no skulls shields condition helps limit it.
Nice, stomach-turning card!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 20th, 2011, 05:53 PM

Thanks, mac! I am glad you like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
POURED OUT
If a Blood Warrior is attacked with a normal attack by an adjacent figure and rolls no shields, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 7 or higher, the attacking figure receives one wound.

If you look acouple posts above yours you'll see where I said I fixed that. Then what do I do but forget to post the fully edited card. Thanks, DS.
Old September 20th, 2011, 07:55 PM

Lama, you forgot to--
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

If you look acouple posts above yours you'll see where I said I fixed that. Then what do I do but forget to post the fully edited card. Thanks, DS.
Nevermind.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards