Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old January 2nd, 2011, 02:05 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Minecraft

Not nearly as impressive as that temple, but here's a wicked lighthouse I built.

Looks a lot cooler at night.

Old January 2nd, 2011, 02:40 AM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

I just tried this game out at a friends house. I got pretty lucky: my spawn point was right next to iron and coal and I immediatley found a dungeon with a music disc. Unfortunately, I didn't have diamond, so I couldn't make a jukebox to use it. It's pretty fun, but probably not good enough to buy. Why can't you mine clouds? Has anyone made a void? Nice tower, Kaiyu!
Old January 3rd, 2011, 07:44 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

So, my game started to freeze up and quit every 3-4 minutes and to fix it I had to delete all of my data.

Argh.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old January 3rd, 2011, 07:46 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
So, my game started to freeze up and quit every 3-4 minutes and to fix it I had to delete all of my data.

Argh.
Save your world file, then reinstall java and the game. That's worked for me.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old January 4th, 2011, 04:11 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

I love Minecraft! I've been playing since around October. I have a gallery on Facebook of all the cool stuff I've seen/made. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...59&aid=2125956

It should be public, and it'll probably contain some adult language.
Old January 4th, 2011, 04:47 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

If anyone is still having trouble finding diamond (or any diggables, for that matter), you should try branch mining. Dig a shaft or stairs down to the bedrock. Prop yourself up three blocks from the bedrock and dig a long tunnel three blocks high. Then, along that tunnel, dig branch tunnels with three blocks in between each one. Some people only dig out like 50 squares, but I dig until I hit lava, then I backtrack and grab all my torches along the way, then block off that path completely (a nice dark, enclosed space for all those nasties to spawn). It's wise to have a couple of chests and a workbench for your journey to the center of the earth so you don't have to make tons of trips to the surface.
Here's a video if anything's unclear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az4KihqqRGk
I've found more coal and redstone than I know what to do with, and a fair amount of diamonds as well. I typically ignore redstone, but I dig out coal because it tends to lead to veins of iron. There's a lot of gold down there too, but we all know how useless that is.
Old January 4th, 2011, 05:30 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

One of latest updates to Notch's blog says a water Mob is coming.

-insert signature here-
Old January 4th, 2011, 06:16 PM
GW Bush's

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Yeah, I don't like the sound of that. The water is the one place I'm safe, other than my house.
Old January 4th, 2011, 06:58 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog View Post
Quote:
Yeah, I don't like the sound of that. The water is the one place I'm safe, other than my house.
The Mobs freak me out enough, something in the water may put me over the edge. I keep waiting for them to add in a Werewolf, or something that is rare, but if it seems you.... fagetaboudit!

-insert signature here-
Old January 4th, 2011, 08:32 PM
GW Bush's

Quote:
The Mobs freak me out enough, something in the water may put me over the edge. I keep waiting for them to add in a Werewolf, or something that is rare, but if it seems you.... fagetaboudit!
There's nothing in this world that scares me more than a Minecraft Spider. I'm not kidding.
Old January 4th, 2011, 09:03 PM

Corzan is surprisingly tart

Don't forget about paint! (if they get it to work) And he said 'a whole pile of fun new toys'. That could mean anything...

Kinda (sorta) taking a break from HSers. Check out Toraili, a group effort by me and I Hate Atlaga.

And if there's one thread I'll still post in, it's the Minecraft thread, here.
Old January 4th, 2011, 09:29 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktheant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post

Argh.
Save your world file, then reinstall java and the game. That's worked for me.
It didn't work.

Thanks for trying to help.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games