Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old November 14th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Doing better - Dealing with Guilt and Morning

I consider this site and its members a valuable support. network even if it always doesn't seem that way. Two weeks ago I found out my father took his own life. it hit me hard and I wasn't sure how I would deal. having this community kept a sense of normalcy to my life.

While all the thanks in the world are warranted, that is not what this post is about. I want to share what I learnt so others can avoid the same pitfalls.

1. Reach out to those around you even if the wronged you. I wasn't close to my father, he was neglectful all my life and was kinder to strangers than his sons. My door was always open to him but i could have reached out a little more. I regret not being the bigger man, and though I doubt there was anything i could have done to change the outcome i could have been better.

My father was just about my least favorite person, and I still feel like I let myself down, I can't imagine what it would be like with someone I was closer too.

2. Tell people you are hurting. I didn't know how bad my father was until I found out he was gone. He seemed to have friends, a steady pension and access to his grand kids, he was far more broken than he let on. I checked his phone and nothing about his texts betrayed how bad he was.

3. Get your affairs in order. they say suicide is a selfish act. it is that much worse to burden your family with chaotic paperwork, and unclear wills.

Above all be kind and forgiving. Death makes people weird when it should make us better. I know I am a better man than I was two weeks ago, but it is a sorrow that it had to take such a shock to the system.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old November 14th, 2019, 06:31 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Doing better - Dealing with Guilt and Morning

Wriggz I feel your pain. I too lost a family member this year that I wasn't overly close to, but it hit me hard anyway. My brother had an illness that he kept to himself and it caught up to him one night.

So I just wanted to say, I'm sorry for your loss and I understand the difficulties you had to and are going through.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old November 14th, 2019, 06:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Wriggz, we're here for you. It sounds like a time of change for you, and I'm reluctant to call it a "loss." A change.

I'm glad you can articulate what you're going through, and many thanks for sharing your hard-earned advice with us.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 15th, 2019, 03:06 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I'll pray for you - tough. Not sure if is helpful, but you might relate to this song by NF:
Old November 15th, 2019, 03:21 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Tough Times

As someone who has nearly killed herself on more than one occasion, this is close to my heart. I'm sorry you're going through this and whatever you need, this community is here. I echo your sentiments to people at large.

~Dysole, hoping you find the same solace here that she had in the past
Old November 15th, 2019, 04:51 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Thanks for all the kindness.

Sadly I feel my father's mental illness was akin to terminal cancer. I think the key is to take mental illness seriously so it can be treated before it reaches that point.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 1st, 2019, 09:26 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Heroscapers community is the finest online group I have ever had the pleasure of participating in. We're all here because of some plastic miniatures, but are still here nearly a decade after the final product release because it feels like home.
I had a first cousin, seven years my junior, die last month. We have no idea what caused it, and I still can't wrap my head around it.
Take care, I'll pray for you.
As long as two 'scapers are left alive, this place is home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old December 1st, 2019, 09:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Thanks for all the kindness.

Sadly I feel my father's mental illness was akin to terminal cancer. I think the key is to take mental illness seriously so it can be treated before it reaches that point.
The struggle is real. It's touched me; it's touched many of us who don't talk about it.

Get help, friends. If you think you need it: get help. It's ok. It's ok to need help, and it's ok to get it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General