Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 22nd, 2018, 10:56 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Elongated Man (Breathing Period)

I think I'd actually like 'adjacent' better than 'engaged' since, as Ronin said, the rules don't really support decoupling them cleanly. Still makes my CRB senses tingle pretty major though.

I think step one here is really getting everyone agreed on what the power is supposed to do, then we can figure out the right wording and how zany it will end up being.

Personally, I don't think we really need full monty 'enrangement' anyway if this guy is supposed to be in the mid hundreds range. That initiative power is already going to give him plenty of drafting potency.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 22nd, 2018, 10:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Personally, I find the locking down ranged figures aspect of engagement more interesting than the leaving engagement attack/preventing movement aspect, if only because we have tons of powers that do auto wounds from range and stop movement from range already. This would feel pretty sameish as those to me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 22nd, 2018, 11:14 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I agree there, that is the more unique aspect of the power.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 23rd, 2018, 01:09 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

So the desire and intent is to have him prevent an unengaged figure two spaces away from him from using a ranged attack then? I'm not sure how I feel about that. Seems a bit wonky to expect him to fully engage and distract all figures with in 2 spaces of him to an extent they can't attack others with a gun. How many spaces is that?
Old July 23rd, 2018, 03:29 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Following along, but I have nothing to add here.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 23rd, 2018, 08:41 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

18 spaces, I believe. Which is what he'd be affecting with the "leaving engagement" style attacks as well.

Old July 23rd, 2018, 08:58 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I think step one here is really getting everyone agreed on what the power is supposed to do, then we can figure out the right wording and how zany it will end up being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Personally, I find the locking down ranged figures aspect of engagement more interesting than the leaving engagement attack/preventing movement aspect, if only because we have tons of powers that do auto wounds from range and stop movement from range already. This would feel pretty sameish as those to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
So the desire and intent is to have him prevent an unengaged figure two spaces away from him from using a ranged attack then? I'm not sure how I feel about that. Seems a bit wonky to expect him to fully engage and distract all figures with in 2 spaces of him to an extent they can't attack others with a gun. How many spaces is that?
How about something like this?

RIDICULOUS REACH
If Elongated Man rolls a skull against a figure leaving engagement with him, that figure cannot leave engagement with Elongated Man this turn. If a figure exactly 2 spaces away from Elongated Man targets a non-adjacent figure with an attack, roll one combat die. If you roll a skull, that figure must attack Elongated Man with that attack instead.

Wording is wonky, but I think this captures the essence. It's ranged lockdown, but only a 50/50 each time, so it's not obscene thematically as YK is saying. He still keeps people around if they disengage, but just from one space instead of a 2-space aura.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 23rd, 2018, 04:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Maybe something like this?

RIDICULOUS REACH
Whenever a figure within 2 spaces of Elongated Man moves or targets a figure other than Elongated Man, you may roll a combat die. If you roll a skull, that figure cannot move and must attack Elongated Man this turn, if possible.

It essentially lets him make an LEA against anyone in his reach.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 04:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

RIDICULOUS REACH
Whenever a figure within 2 spaces of Elongated Man moves away from Elongated Man or targets a figure other than Elongated Man, you may roll a combat die. If you roll a skull, that figure cannot move away from Elongated Man and must attack Elongated Man this turn, if possible.

Added in the red parts since melee figures should still be able to move adj. to him without being stopped. Not sure if my word choice clears the official language hurdle, but that would be my only tweak however you want to word it.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 04:36 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:

RIDICULOUS REACH
Whenever a figure within 2 spaces of Elongated Man moves away from Elongated Man or targets a figure other than Elongated Man, you may roll a combat die. If you roll a skull, that figure cannot move away from Elongated Man and must attack Elongated Man this turn, if possible.

Added in the red parts since melee figures should still be able to move adj. to him without being stopped. Not sure if my word choice clears the official language hurdle, but that would be my only tweak however you want to word it.
Going to tag @Soundwarp SG-1 here since this is exactly what I was looking for and what I intended with my post this morning.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 23rd, 2018, 04:48 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

probably needs the "figure you do not control" wording since you'd want to move your own figures without them attacking.

Also not seeing the ability for this to happen unless there is text missing...
Quote:

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 05:15 PM

I’d say the lockdown is plenty. Leave the wounding to other heroes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library