Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 1st, 2020, 12:37 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Jean Grey (AoA) (Initial Playtesting)

If you're not happy with the design, no need to force it through.
Old May 1st, 2020, 01:59 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Yeah, I'm thinking of going a different direction instead of mass telekinesis based on wounded allies. For one, it feels a little samey to what the other Jeans/Phoenixes already focus on and do well.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Quote:
NAME = JEAN GREY

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REBEL
PERSONALITY = EMPATHETIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = ~270

PSYCHIC PAIN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3 + Special. Attack 3 + Special.
Jean Grey does not need clear line of sight to attack with this special attack. Add 1 to Jean Grey's range and attack dice for each Rebel you control with one or more wounds. Figures with the Mental Shield special power and destructible objects are not affected by this special attack.

TELEPATHIC DIRECTIVE 6
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Jean Grey, you may roll 6 combat dice. Move up to X Hero figures you control up to 3 spaces each, or 4 spaces if the chosen figure is a Rebel. X equals the number of blanks rolled. Any Hero figures moved with Telepathic Directive do not take any leaving engagement attacks and must be within 6 spaces of Jean Grey prior to moving.

TELEPATHIC LINK
While Jean Grey is in play all squad and hero figures you control are considered in clear sight of each other.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Arkham; May 1st, 2020 at 05:05 AM.
Old May 1st, 2020, 02:06 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Looks good to me. Might need to tweak the number of dice on Telepathic Directive if it's feeling too weak, but an average of moving 1 Mutant per Jean turn is pretty good considering the considerable synergies Mutants have to combo that free movement with.

I'd make the distance for friendlies equal in both Telepathic Directive & Psychic Pain Special Attack, though I get why you limited Psychic Pain to 3 spaces (to match that attack's range).
Old May 1st, 2020, 04:01 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Yeah, I generally try to match as much as possible. I went ahead and modified how it works a tad, allowing the removal of the range part. I think this way will make for a more interesting attack anyway, as she could go HAM in the right circumstances, which feels very Jean.

I wanted a lower ceiling/potential on Telepathic Directive as it's the main feature of Martian Manhunter I, so I wanted to keep a decent gap there to make sure his is still much better.

Army Test 1
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units:
Jean Grey(270), Sabretooth(270), Wild Child(160), Rogue(300) (1000)
vs.
Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units:
Jean Grey(265), Sabretooth(270), Wild Child(160), Blink(145) (840)
vs.
Nightwing(200), Superboy(240), Starfire(210), Raven(190) (840)
Spoiler Alert!

I'm liking how it plays thus far, though doesn't quite feel 270 in value, which I'd like to hit for army building. How do people feel about allowing her SA to target non-adjacent figures, even while she's engaged? I could see it as a useful go-to to counter lockdown tactics, keeping focus on the one you really need to get to.

Last edited by Arkham; May 1st, 2020 at 05:57 AM.
Old May 1st, 2020, 08:33 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd like to restrict the Directive a little bit more - either make the default Move 2 spaces, or just Mutants, or whatever. I know that lowering the number of dice sets her apart from MM, but like... he's already a really central, powerful, iconic figure, so an MM Jr. is still gonna be a big deal.

I'd be fine with her attacking even while engaged, but as a suggestion, I sort of like the idea of an explosion effect? I'd do it like this:

Jean Grey does not need clear line of sight to attack with this special attack. When attacking a figure that is not a destructible object and does not have the Mental Shield special power, add 1 to this special attacks's Range and Attack for each wounded Rebel you control. If you roll 6 or more dice when attacking with this special attack, any figures adjacent to the defending figure are also affected by this special attack. Roll dice once for all effected figures.

I feel like it's pretty iconically Jean to have those situations where she's really stressed, and suddenly EVERYONE gets his with a brain blast.
Old May 1st, 2020, 08:38 AM

Sounds good to me. Combine the explosion effect with the engagement bypass, and it seems like a unique ability all around.

I’m good with limiting to Mutants on the Directive. I was pondering that as an option so I see no issue with going that route. I could see 2 spaces for Mutants, and 4 for Rebels.
Old May 1st, 2020, 08:45 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Probably good to have a slight rename at that point: Rebel Telepathic Directive?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 1st, 2020, 09:17 AM

If we’re gonna go with a new power, I’d rather just change it up to be more straight forward then.

The Rebels don’t really struggle with movement, and with the desire to keep them all unique in their role, Blink sorta offers a little movement anyway.

Perhaps an OM management telepathy power instead?
Old May 1st, 2020, 11:01 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like how she's playab!e even outside a rebel build here as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 1st, 2020, 02:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Could go with just a straight up MUTANT TELEPATH power title that combines Telepathic Link and an OM hub power, yeah.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 1st, 2020, 11:22 PM

Using Miss Martian's Titan Telepath as a base, here's what I'm thinking:

Quote:
NAME = JEAN GREY

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REBEL
PERSONALITY = EMPATHETIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = ~270

MUTANT TELEPATH
Jean Grey is also considered to have the class of Telepath. While Jean Grey is in play all Mutants you control are considered in clear sight of each other. When a Mutant in your army receives one or more wounds or is destroyed, you may immediately move any unrevealed Order Markers from that figure's card onto any other Mutant card you control, or move any unrevealed Order Markers from Mutant cards you control onto that Mutant’s card.

Jean Grey does not need clear line of sight to attack with this special attack, and may target non-adjacent figures even when she is engaged. When attacking a figure that is not a destructible object and does not have the Mental Shield special power, add 1 to this special attacks's Range and Attack for each wounded Rebel you control. If you roll 6 or more dice when attacking with this special attack, any figures adjacent to the defending figure are also affected by this special attack. Roll dice once for all affected figures.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH
Thoughts?

Last edited by Arkham; May 2nd, 2020 at 12:56 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2020, 12:30 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like it a lot actually. I could see her playing outside of Rebel builds as well.

Actually, would it be thematic if the 6 attack limit had her roll an unblockable against herself. Like if she gets too worked up she could hurt herself a bit?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library